shape
carat
color
clarity

Stalker Hides Under Woman''s Bed for Two Days

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~That is soooo sad...at least he wasn''t able to harm her, but now she has to live with the fact that someone was stalking her, and had access to her home without her knowledge or consent.
38.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok yeah i SO didn''t need to know that....talk about being even more paranoid! watching CSI is bad enough!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This reminds me of the "story" of women having their Achilles'' tendons cut in mall parking lots about 10-15 years ago..a rapist in the town I used to shop in used to wait under women''s cars in the mall parking lot and disable them by slashing their Achilles. It turned out to be a myth, but the fear is still in me to this day, which sucks. However, I am thankfully always aware when I walk around a dark parking lot at night and make sure no one''s under my ride before I even get close to it . Thanks Storm for an awareness-booster! I guess!
33.gif
9.gif
35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
makes me glad I have a dog
36.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
That is so creepy, and for two days--I wonder if he peed under her bed when he to go.

Starset

Shiny_Rock
What would he have done with a power cord? Strangle?
Creepy.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ewww apple...!!

i agree re: the dog thing...a dog would sniff him out ASAP. i always get tweaked out when portia starts acting funny....esp since i''ve heard that dogs can sense more than just what is in our world...it always makes me think of the sixth sense when she is fixated on something in the doorway but i can''t see anything.....yikes!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yikes, I am all alone for the next week, thank god for my doggies. That creeped me out. I need to find my baseball bat.
11.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2006 1:18:33 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Yikes, I am all alone for the next week, thank god for my doggies. That creeped me out. I need to find my baseball bat.
11.gif
the baseball bat does give a nice sense of peace of mind.
9.gif
along with the alarm and the dog and the cell phone and the mace and the rope ladder.
31.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
That is horrifying! I don''t know why things like this seem to be happening with greater frequency-- like children being abducted from their own homes by predators. Is it just that we are hearing about it more? Are predators getting bolder?

The idea of not being safe in your own home really hits hard for me. I''ve been attacked twice, and because of the circumstances of the second time, I decided never to drink in public again, because I don''t want to be in a strange situation where I''m not in full control of my facilities ever again. That has elicited some ridicule, but ''better safe than sorry''.

But one isn''t safe even in their own home, as I discovered. I had some people over (including my housemate''s (D) crush (C) and by the end of the night, she had passed out while snuggling in the arms of her crush, and didn''t want to leave him. There was NO WAY I was going to leave her alone in the living room in the company of strange men, so we all ended up sleeping squished all together. I was between her crush and his friend, N.

I wake up in the middle of the night because I am being groped by N, while SO CLOSE against C that N''s hand was wedged between us, and touching C''s back. I was being groped, while asleep, IN MY OWN HOME, with people RIGHT THERE. I freaked, obviously, and fled to take a shower, and then back back and hover nearby on my computer (keeping an eye on D) until they woke up.

I was all ready to pass it off as ''you were drunk and asleep, you probably didn''t realize what you were doing''. But when I taked to N, he said that he knew EXACTLY what he was doing, and figured that if I didn''t like it, I would have "given [him] a verbal no". Since when is lack of a spoken ''no'' the equivalent of saying yes?! I was ASLEEP! Apparently, that was a ''green light'' to him. (C freaked when he found out, gave him hell, and hasn''t spoken to him since.)

Needless to say, coupled with my previous experiences, I struggled with the fact that my safety in my own home had been violated. That loss of security is a surprisingly devastating thing.

I feel such sympathy for that woman-- I had something so mild in comparison happen to me, and it still made me feel unsafe in my own home. I can only imagine how she must feel.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is so scary. I wonder what he was doing while he wasn''t hiding under her bed (while she wasn''t home). How violating! I can''t believe he only got 3 years! I think the powercord was for his video camera...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2006 1:45:54 PM
Author: Mara
Date: 6/23/2006 1:18:33 PM

Author: Kaleigh

11.gif

the baseball bat does give a nice sense of peace of mind.
9.gif
along with the alarm and the dog and the cell phone and the mace and the rope ladder.
31.gif

when hubby''s out of town, i do all of the above plus i even sleep with my car keys next to my bed so i can start the car alarm if necessary
40.gif
I KNOW i watch way too much CSI and Criminal Minds has totally freaked me out even worse
41.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good god...

My only consolation is that there would be nothing left of someone like that when the Demon Dog was done. The DD has been know to bite people that he knows and likes so I can only imagine what he''d do to a stranger in our house!

Mrs. S., that''s a good idea about the car keys!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Car keys on bedside table- check
Found baseball bat- check
Cell phone - check
Doggies- check
Alarm is on, doors are locked- check

Oh boy this will be a long week. And here I was thrilled to have everyone gone. I''m not watching any scary movies this week.
32.gif

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve always thought valets could easily make a housekey. That''s why we have a valet key in the glove compartment. I mean, you watch keymakers and they take 10 seconds to make a key!

How terrifying! Sometimes when I''m polite and I smile at strangers, I''ve had people FOLLOW me around. There are a lot of strange nuts out there.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2006 7:45:52 AM
Author: mrssalvo
makes me glad I have a dog
36.gif

Yeah... no kidding. My Shelia isn''t fierce at all, she''s a sweetie... but there is no way she would let anyone come into the this house without us knowing. And let me tell you... if someone were hidding under my bed-- the cats would have something to say about that too.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I''m gonna have to start checking under the bed for the boogie man again like I did when I was little.
32.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results