shape
carat
color
clarity

Speaking of little black dresses....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ellen, I love that dress, it''s very vintagy in its styling. Too bad your mom''s OEC isn''t back yet because an antique ring with that dress would be divine, yes?

As for necklace...I think a simple strand of white pearls would be perfect and go with the style of the dress. Same for earrings...diamond studs perhaps?

Oh, and I''m 46 and people think I''m in my 30''s. I''d wear that dress. It''s all about how it looks on YOU. Go for it....

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I somehow missed the pics of the dress earlier. It''s lovely. I really like it. I think you''ll be just fine!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen, I love the dress and the shoes are great too. I think you''ll look smashing!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 12:09:58 PM
Author: surfgirl
Ellen, I love that dress, it''s very vintagy in its styling. Too bad your mom''s OEC isn''t back yet because an antique ring with that dress would be divine, yes?

As for necklace...I think a simple strand of white pearls would be perfect and go with the style of the dress. Same for earrings...diamond studs perhaps?

Oh, and I''m 46 and people think I''m in my 30''s. I''d wear that dress. It''s all about how it looks on YOU. Go for it....
Yes it is, I noticed that''s big this year. I saw so many cool looking dresses, but they weren''t appropriate. I like vintage!

And yes, I thought the OMC would go very well with it. The jeweler said he would ship it back yesterday, so hopefully he did, and I should have it by the end of the week, so I can wear it!

I was planning on wearing my diamond studs, however, I do have a set of pearl studs and necklace. Which do you think would look better?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can''t go wrong with pearls, such a classic look.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy and Kaleigh, thank you!

I went and tried it on again and it really is just so flattering, and feminine. That combo is hard to find, for me. So, if no one thinks I''m trying to look as young as the bride, I think I''ll be alright.
9.gif

And I''m going out to a big sale here tomorrow, for a look at purses, and shoes again. I like these, but they weren''t my first pick, didn''t have my size.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 12:23:22 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Can''t go wrong with pearls, such a classic look.
You''re right, I know. But I''ll be honest, I just keep thinking about the phenominal lighting, and want to show my studs off.
11.gif
9.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I dont care for pearl studs WITH a pearl strand because it looks too matchy matchy. I prefer diamond stud with a pearl strand OR pearl studs with a diamond necklace...But that''s just me!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s cute and if it makes you look younger and sliimmer, woo hoo, bonus. I love clothes like that.

I''m not a fan of pearls with a dress like that as it would make it seem too dated for me. I don''t even know that you need a necklace. I am a fan of less is more much of the time, esp with a bow and ruffles already going on. Cute shoes!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
surfgirl, see, I tend to be a "matchy" person. But I''m gonna try it mixing them up and see what looks best, or if a necklace looks good at all.

Mara, thanks. And I do agree that sometimes less is more. Again, I''ll just have to experiment, but I''m really thinking probably no necklace at all, with that neckline.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen.

I adore your dress. I certainly would wear it. You will look beautiful in it. I love your shoes too.

Linda

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Ellen, I like the dress, and I think it is the type of style that looks even better on the person than on the hanger. I LOOOOOVE the shoes!!! I''d wear your diamonds! All of ''em!

Have a great time!

Oh, and if you wanted to add some color, I don''t think you said what color your wrap was but I could see a pale pink or lavender or pale blue or cream colored wrap looking nice with it, maybe pashmina style, as a way to be more "spring"y.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a cute dress and I agree with Belle, the right attitude is what carries a piece of clothing off in the end! If you love it and it looks good on you, go with it! I would probably not wear pearls with it...I''d go for bling!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wonderful dress, and no, no necklace. I''m sure your ample bosom will be cause for attention......
2.gif
11.gif
31.gif

cheers--Sharon

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 12:08:30 PM
Author: Ellen

Love in Bloom, your post made me laugh. And I do agree that to a large extent, one should wear what makes them feel good. belle is right, attitude is most of it. I just keep thinking about a gal who''s a few years older than me, and she dresses like she''s a teen. People talk about it (and not in a nice way), I don''t want that.
I don''t think you have to worry about that with your dress one bit. It''s timeless and elegant and your ability to accessorize will add extra ''insurance''!
2.gif

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm, with that neckline I''m going to guess it looks better w/o a necklace. I have a top with that kind of cut and I find it looks best w/ no necklace and with some earrings. I''m seeing it with your OMC ring, a bracelet, and some studs or short drop earrings. I don''t know why, maybe because of the placement of the ribbon detail, but I think it''d look GREAT with a bracelet....

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd actually like some drops or dangle earring best with that type of dress-- studs with a pear enhancer for example. No necklace. A nice bracelet and cocktail ring.

I actually am not crazy about the shoes though. Hope you find something you like when you go shopping.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda, thank you!

Gail, you might be right about the hanger thing....I did notice it looks big, but I think that''s because it has 2 layers. And about the wrap, we could only find black ones last night. Someone else mentioned a colored one, which I''m going to look for tomorrow, thanks. And yeah, this is one of the few times I''ll have to really show my diamonds off...
30.gif

Thanks FG!

Sharon, check on the no necklace. Um, about the "ample bosom", that would be me and who else?!
9.gif
2.gif

Thank you L in B.
2.gif

ladyceil, yes, I thought about a bracelet. I may look at those tomorrow too. This has cost us so much already, what''s a few more bucks?!

Gypsy, yes, drop/dangle earrings would be pretty, but see remark to Gail.
28.gif
And while I like these shoes, they were actually my 3rd pick. The bummer is, they had a pair that looked like they were made for the dress, but at about 4 1/2-5 inch heels, I had to pass. My back is not the greatest, and when looking at 9+ hours in these shoes, I''ve got to have something more comfortable. But I am gonna look tomorrow.

Thanks again to everyone for your input, I really appreciate it.
5.gif

Honestly, I''ve never had a problem with knowing what to wear.
20.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen,

I LOVE your dress and shoes!! They''re beautiful...for anyone, no matter what age.
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 6:32:54 PM
Author: zoebartlett
Ellen,

I LOVE your dress and shoes!! They''re beautiful...for anyone, no matter what age.
1.gif
Aw, thanks zoe!

Hey, do you still want that info?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they look great, too, Ellen! I haven''t needed an outfit like that in awhile, so it''s good to see what you''d pick!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know I just figured out why I don''t like those shoes? They are the EXACT same design of the shoes that I slipped and wrenched my knee in last february. The sling back, heel height and straps made for a very unstable combination. Obviously, I liked the design well enough to buy a pair... but since that happened, I''ve shyed away from anything with a higher heel then a 1/2 inch in sling back open toe strappy sandals.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
ds, thanks.

gypsy, you poor thing.

I just realized as I went back through the thread, I called DF, DS. I need to call df Caroline.
20.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen,

I think the dress is gorgeous and not too youthful at all. I wouldn''t do the Pearls b/c although I love them with wedding dresses, i think they do look dated and very Barbara Bush. I think your studs would be perfect and other than rings and maybe a diamond bracelet I wouldn''t do any other jewelry (keep in mind I''m a jewelry minimalist though
3.gif
). I think you''ll look smashing. oh, and i think the rhinestones on the shoe''s and purse would be fine and a nice touch if you can find them but not necessary at all
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2007 8:32:37 AM
Author: mrssalvo
Ellen,

I think the dress is gorgeous and not too youthful at all. I wouldn''t do the Pearls b/c although I love them with wedding dresses, i think they do look dated and very Barbara Bush. I think your studs would be perfect and other than rings and maybe a diamond bracelet I wouldn''t do any other jewelry (keep in mind I''m a jewelry minimalist though
3.gif
). I think you''ll look smashing. oh, and i think the rhinestones on the shoe''s and purse would be fine and a nice touch if you can find them but not necessary at all
1.gif
Thanks mrss!

Gosh, I don''t wanna look like Barbara
23.gif
(no offense Babs)
9.gif

Ok, question. I don''t have a real diamond bracelet, so, is Rhinestone jewelry acceptable with real? Would any other type of bracelet work?

And thanks again for the vote of confidence.
5.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you do the real diamond bracelet, I''d skip the rhinestones on the shoe''s and purse. don''t know why, i''m not style guru but that''s just me. if you go no bracelet, I think the rhinestones on the shoes and purse would be ok.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s just it, I don''t have a REAL diamond bracelet....

I''m thinking I may just skip it, my OMC should be enough.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ah, i missed that in your post. then yes, I''d skip the bracelet and just do the OMC..

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2007 10:01:45 AM
Author: mrssalvo
ah, i missed that in your post. then yes, I''d skip the bracelet and just do the OMC..
Sounds good to me, thanks.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2007 9:55:38 AM
Author: Ellen

That''s just it, I don''t have a REAL diamond bracelet....
emnote.gif
emnote.gif
if i had a million dollars, i''d buy you a diamond bracelet
(not a real diamond bracelet, that''s cruel)
emnote.gif
emnote.gif

hahaha...okay, i guess it is funnier with the original version of:

if i had a million dollars, i''d buy you a fur coat
(not a real fur coat, that''s cruel)

AND even funnier...

if i had a million dollars, i''d buy you a green dress
(not a real green dress, that''s cruel)

or....maybe none of it is funny to anyone but me!
37.gif
that song always gives me a chuckle and the REAL diamond bracelet statement reminded me of that song.
41.gif

emnote.gif
we wouldn''t have to eat kraft dinner
of course we''d eat kraft dinner
emnote.gif

emnote.gif
we''d just eat more......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results