shape
carat
color
clarity

Spanish Holiday Music on the Net-- looking for a song

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I'm at El Pollo Loco (it's an addiction) tonight and I'm standing in line waiting to order and I hear what could be the voice of an angel (and I have never said or thought that before) singing a Spanish OR Latin version of Silent Night (I wouldn't be able to tell the difference).

I walked out of line to the back of the store where I could hear the song best. It was a boy for sure, probably a soprano boy singing a solo of Silent Night (Noche de Paz I think) and it was unbelievable. I don't know if was acapella or not. I honestly couldn't hear anything but his voice, and it was over all too soon. But there was no choir singing along with him. That I am positive of.

I asked the manager what radio channel it was so I could call and ask about it, but all they knew was 'some internet Spanish Christmas music station.'

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

If so... can you see if you can find it for me and post it here. I MUST buy it .

Thanks in advance.

ETA: more details: This wasn't a 'kids' holiday song version. It was very adult and professional. I actually said to my husband... his voice make me understand, a little bit, why the Italians began the castrati.

I've done google searches in Spanish and in English for 'boy/hijo/nino Noche de paz' solo singing sorpano and I haven't found it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi VR, it's not that version. Though that is a nice version, thank you!

This is more 'pop' influenced, the one I am looking for was more classical. I really felt I was listing to a castrati from the 1400s in terms of voice and feel. Very traditional.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1417622193|3794526 said:
Gypsy,

Is it this version by Menudo? I almost didn't look since Menudo is a group, but there is mainly one voice carrying the song in the piece.

"Noche de Paz"...http://www.vagalume.com.br/menudo/noche-de-paz.html

Deb :wavey:

Closest yet!! Voice was more operatic I felt, and I didn't hear any whistling. But definitely close. Thank you!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
oh sorry gypsy, I was hoping this was the one, I'll keep on trying to see what we can come up with

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cluless|1417660045|3794861 said:
oh sorry gypsy, I was hoping this was the one, I'll keep on trying to see what we can come up with

Hey, I was VERY appreciative m'dear! Thank you.

If anyone spoke spanish and could do a search in Spanish (I used google translate but it's not the same) that would be great too .

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1417662528|3794889 said:
Cluless|1417660045|3794861 said:

Hey, I was VERY appreciative m'dear! Thank you.

If anyone spoke spanish and could do a search in Spanish (I used google translate but it's not the same) that would be great too .

I'm coming up with some nice Spanish versions of the song, but just not the one you have been looking for! At this point I feel like linking this thread to the Christmas/Holiday music thread because otherwise I fear a lot of holiday music is going to "go to waste" (not reach people who would love to hear it!). People searching for your version of 'Noche de Paz" are finding some very nice Christmas music that others could enjoy!!!

Deb :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results