shape
carat
color
clarity

Spain, Anyone?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven|1332046696|3151205 said:
Okay Barcelona fans, how would you change my itinerary to put Barcelona into it? Help a girl out! I am not willing to jump from one city to the next day after day, so no one-nighters anywhere. Two nights in one place is bad enough, IMO. So, what would you do?

We have to fly in and out of Madrid, I can't change that. The flight options into Barcelona were all waaaaaay too long for me, and it's definitely better to take an AVE train from Madrid to Barcelona than to have a layover in Newark. :cheeky:

So, ideas?

Are you adding extra days or have you decided to take something out of the original plan?

April20

Ideal_Rock
Haven, I havent been to Spain but my sister spent last summer there. She ate and sightsaw her way across the country and wrote about it. She's very witty and eloquent (if you can imagine that together) and had some great experiences. I am dying to follow in her footsteps. If you have time, google "rangyinspain" and you will find her writings.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1332111219|3151621 said:
Haven|1332046696|3151205 said:
Okay Barcelona fans, how would you change my itinerary to put Barcelona into it? Help a girl out! I am not willing to jump from one city to the next day after day, so no one-nighters anywhere. Two nights in one place is bad enough, IMO. So, what would you do?

We have to fly in and out of Madrid, I can't change that. The flight options into Barcelona were all waaaaaay too long for me, and it's definitely better to take an AVE train from Madrid to Barcelona than to have a layover in Newark. :cheeky:

So, ideas?

Are you adding extra days or have you decided to take something out of the original plan?
No extra days. It's taken me a couple years to work DH up to being comfortable being away for this long. (He owns his own business.) We'll be gone for 12 nights total since we're taking an overnight flight to Spain.

However, I'm really interested in hearing how others would fit Barcelona into an 11 night itinerary. So, Barcelona devotees--what would you cut out?

We always consider our first trip to be a tiny sample of a country. I would never want to rush through a lot of different places just so I could say I've been there, so I'm happy seeing only a few spots on each trip. Our philosophy is: We'll be back! (Well, that, and "If you see a tour bus, don't stop!" :cheeky: )

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
April20|1332112093|3151647 said:
Haven, I havent been to Spain but my sister spent last summer there. She ate and sightsaw her way across the country and wrote about it. She's very witty and eloquent (if you can imagine that together) and had some great experiences. I am dying to follow in her footsteps. If you have time, google "rangyinspain" and you will find her writings.
Thanks, April! Bookmarked. Can't wait to read it.
And, what are you waiting for? The time is now. Get thee to Spain!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results