shape
carat
color
clarity

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics!

Michelez

Shiny_Rock
YT|1391798468|3610186 said:
I'm usually excited but with all the LGBT backlash, not so great. To make matters even worse, they're killing off thousands of stray dogs instead of building a shelter for them like they promised a year ago. They're not doing it humanely either. They are just going around beating them, stabbing them and poisoning them.

So, no. I won't be watching the Olympics this year. Very angry and disappointed.

This - exactly

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
was up at 515a [unheard of!] to watch the women's curling event for the gold: Canada v. Sweden at 530a [have never done that before!]
I've never been big into the Olympics but the curling events this year drew me in.
hubby figured out some way with the internet to get it for free but it required resetting every 30 minutes which worked well with each curling end. [we only get cable for the computers, not for anything else.]
the Canadian women won!!!!!! great game!
we're going to do the same for the men's curling for the gold tomorrow as well.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Is it just me, or are the men's costumes getting a bit, um, over-the-top??? This was the absolute worst I have ever seen:

469421347.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
momhappy|1393011400|3620246 said:
Is it just me, or are the men's costumes getting a bit, um, over-the-top??? This was the absolute worst I have ever seen:
I believe that Johnny Weir designed that one...

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Johnny Weir is going to be himself wherever he is. In this case, I love it. I hope Putin sees him every day. (Besides, he's the best commentator they ever hired!)

A costume shouldn't take attention away from the skater. I think they have gone haywire often. If there's too much bling, ruffles, lace, sashes, & general stuff, it interferes with the skater's lines & performance. (It got especially nuts when Katerina Witt's boob popped out of hers -- but I always wondered how unplanned that was.) A skater who looks like a clown doesn't get the skill across. I also think it's too bad they spend that kind of money on a costume, when most competitors have tight budgets just for training & living.

Peggy Fleming won her gold in a very nice outfit that enhanced her appearance without getting in the way of what she was doing. Her mother made it!

53-12682-peggy_fleming_1968-1391629063.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results