shape
carat
color
clarity

so you think you can dance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
hope yall don''t mind, but i thought it''d be nice to start a fresh thread dedicated solely to SYTYCD.

has anyone checked out the dancer''s bios on fox.com?

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Um, haven''t seen ''em before but you bet your sweet bippy I''m going to fox.com right now!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i was thinking the same thing jcrow...

i did see the bios a few weeks ago, it''s amazing to me how experienced some of the dancers are. some of the things they can do with their bodies!?!?!

we LOVED watching dancing with the stars but SYTYCD takes it to a different level with all the different styles of dancing....it''s so much more fun and lively. plus everyone is already ''trained'' in a manner so you see a lot less of the screwups and it all just looks much more smooth.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I love Natalie on that show. My husband really liked Allison and now hates the show since she got kicked off last night. Heidi gets on his nerves. I think Heidi's O.K. Ivan is great. Benji is great too. Wonder who will win?!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
This show drives me crazy because I love love love all the dancers. I''ve danced since I was a wee lass (and can''t hold a stinkin'' candle to these talented kids) and my feet & legs twitch constantly watching them. Love it love it love it.

I almost cried when Alison got sent home.

I think Benji could win it.

Anyone''s game now..they are all so amazing!

Jeannine

bobacha

Shiny_Rock
first time checking out the Hangout section.. hehe this is my fave show of the summer..

i was shocked to see Allison sent home last week too.. I really wanted to see her dance paired with Travis..

and I think Benji could win this ..

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
ohh! yes! it comes on tonight!!! i can''t wait!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
anyone watch?? what did ya think? who will be going home tomorrow?

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Jcrow...

I''m watching it on my Tivo right now....have a half hour to go...will report back...

:)

Jeannine

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
J crow... I think Donyelle (love her too!) will go...

what about you?

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
I can't wait until Natalie goes. She just grates on me.

Benji and Heidi are my favorites. Heidi has really grown on me-- she's a smoking hot ballroom dancer, but tonight that 'African Pop' routine just blew me away. That bar was so hard for her the first time she did Contemporary (and she was against Travis, the Contemporary Superman, ouch!) but this time she just blossomed. I was so thrilled. She seems so good-natured and sweet and she really seems to throw herself into everything. I find myself rooting for her. She's like the little engine that could.

And Benji is such a pleasure to watch. He's a very technically skilled dancer, but SO much fun! Those little pops he was doing during the Austin Powers routine were fabulous. He seems to get the steps and the movement and the feeling, which seems tricky for some of the dancers on the show.

Travis would be my next fave, because he's so brilliant at what he does, and loves it so much. It was so cute when he got all choked up when he danced in front of his mom... Awwww!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/3/2006 2:19:16 AM
Author: Galateia
I can''t wait until Natalie goes. She just grates on me.

Benji and Heidi are my favorites. Heidi has really grown on me-- she''s a smoking hot ballroom dancer, but tonight that ''African Pop'' routine just blew me away. That bar was so hard for her the first time she did Contemporary (and she was against Travis, the Contemporary Superman, ouch!) but this time she just blossomed. I was so thrilled. She seems so good-natured and sweet and she really seems to throw herself into everything. I find myself rooting for her. She''s like the little engine that could.

And Benji is such a pleasure to watch. He''s a very technically skilled dancer, but SO much fun! Those little pops he was doing during the Austin Powers routine were fabulous. He seems to get the steps and the movement and the feeling, which seems tricky for some of the dancers on the show.

Travis would be my next fave, because he''s so brilliant at what he does, and loves it so much. It was so cute when he got all choked up when he danced in front of his mom... Awwww!
I agree that Benji and Heidi rock.
emthup.gif
Since they are cousins and trained together(see their bios), they have alot going for them. Donyelle is amazing
emwink.gif
. I believe Natalie''s time is up. Just my gut. Also I think Ivan is gonna go. He is good and whimsical, but he is NOT in the same category as Travis and Benji. If Travis or Benji go, something is seriously wrong!
emangry.gif

Donyelle may have not been as on top of things tonight and it may just get down to both she and Natalie, but I feel its Natalie''s time to go, sadly enough.
emsad.gif
I think Natalie is super talented, with her animation and her strong legs remind me of my daughter, Lynzee, who also has trained for years and has super strong legs like Natalie''s. She will go far, that is for sure.

Travis is so amazing and has improved alot. Benji is the man!
emsmiled.gif
He is such a true delight to watch. I adore watching he and Donyelle as well as Benji with Heidi.

Tomorrow is going to be really, really tough to watch though
emembarrassed.gif
. They are ALL superb and what impressive bios!
emwink.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/3/2006 4:36:35 AM
Author: DeannaBana

I agree that Benji and Heidi rock.
emthup.gif
Since they are cousins and trained together(see their bios), they have alot going for them. Donyelle is amazing
emwink.gif
. I believe Natalie''s time is up. Just my gut. Also I think Ivan is gonna go. He is good and whimsical, but he is NOT in the same category as Travis and Benji. If Travis or Benji go, something is seriously wrong!
emangry.gif

Donyelle may have not been as on top of things tonight and it may just get down to both she and Natalie, but I feel its Natalie''s time to go, sadly enough.
emsad.gif
I think Natalie is super talented, with her animation and her strong legs remind me of my daughter, Lynzee, who also has trained for years and has super strong legs like Natalie''s. She will go far, that is for sure.

Travis is so amazing and has improved alot. Benji is the man!
emsmiled.gif
He is such a true delight to watch. I adore watching he and Donyelle as well as Benji with Heidi.

Tomorrow is going to be really, really tough to watch though
emembarrassed.gif
. They are ALL superb and what impressive bios!
emwink.gif

Can you believe I missed last week''s show with Benji and Heidi doing the Paso Doble?!
39.gif

It came on at a different time up here and I was working. My housemate didn''t check it out to tape it, and I missed what was probably one of the greatest performances ever on that show. Did I mention:
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
?

Natalie is a great dancer-- very strong. I love how powerful her dancing is. But I didn''t like how she tried to play up her sex appeal to get votes, and eventually Nigel called her out on it. How is it that when Heidi ''plays'' sexy it is fun, but when Natalie does it I find it annoying?
33.gif
That whole "I just wanna give mah luuuv to err''body! Can I git an AMEN!" +hairflip had me gritting my teeth.

There are so many things I love about this show, like the fact the judges are real dancers and choreographers and that they rotate. I like that the judges give the dancers hepful critiques, and that the dancers put that criticism into action!

When Mia talked about how Heidi had struggled with being grounded, and then tonight "she was the earth", I cheered. *blush*

I get way too into this show. It''s the only thing I watch-- thank goodness it''s on local broadcast!
41.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
ugh! i MISSED heidi and travis's second number! dang it!
i think donyelle, ivan and natalie are up to go. they are all great, but not up to par with the others.

i really love travis- he's so likeable and cute and passionate.
i also adore heidi- she's the real deal. and has a KILLER body.
and there's benji- not only can he do anything they throw out at him, he can do it really well! he just so light-hearted and has fun,
a true preformer.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! A SYTYCD thread! Now the poor Project Runway thread doesn''t have to be taken over with dance-y comments anymore.

I love ALL the dancers too! I am really bummed that more have to leave!

So, I really liked Natalie and Ivan''s contemporary routine last night. My sister and I agreed that they seemed to have lots of chemistry. We felt like we were sort of interrupting a private moment by watching, but the judges said they weren''t connecting with eachother. Strange. And they said their first routine was just no fun, but we thought it was super cute.

I thought Heidi and Travis were amazing. I loved the waltz, and I was really impressed with the african routine.

And I looove benji and Donyelle, but I thought their second dance was kind of boring (not their fault), yet the judges were all over it.

I usually find myself in agreement with the judges, but last night I thought they made some strange comments.

bobacha

Shiny_Rock
I agree with most of you here.. that it''s time for Ivan to go.. I really love him doing the different styles with Allison.. but Travis and Benji are better than him.. so it''s just time..

For the girls.. I want Natalie to stay because I want to see her dance with Travis .. so I want Donyelle to go ( I love Heidi ! hehe)

But .. I have a feeling that Natalie might leave tonight...

I voted at least 30 times for Natalie haha ..didn''t really count.. but I think about 30 times.. I never voted for anybody the whole season... but I thought she might need some help last night so I just kept redialing on my cellphone..

so let''s see what happen tonight

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I stink because I fell ASLEEP during the show. I know. I know. pathetic.

I watched most of it on tivo...I think Ivan and Natalie are outtie.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
You can vote several times?
6.gif

Don''t they log the number it is coming from?

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
no, they don''t keep track of the number it comes from. It''s like American Idol, you can vote as many times as your atention span will allow.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so bummed, I didnt watch it last nite because I was out traveling so it''s Tivo''d I guess...but I didn''t get to vote. WAH!!! I hope that Heidi and Benji won''t be sent home!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yeh I am so going to see so you think you can dance on tour!

bobacha

Shiny_Rock
I guess my 30 votes didn''t help to keep Natalie in
7.gif

Can''t wait for next week''s Finale show... Cat said that all 4 dancers will take turns to dance with each other.. does it mean we''re gonna see Girl-Girl, and Boy-Boy pairing as well ? hehe

btw guys.. you can download the dance clips from prev weeks from this site :
http://tvclips.us/so_you_think_you_can_dance.htm
haven''t tried it yet, but i plan to save them later...

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah!
emsmilep.gif
I am SO excited! I just KNEW in my gut that it was Natalie and Ivan''s time to go! It is especially sad because all 6 of these dancers are phenomenal. I am SO thrilled that Heidi and Benji, Donyelle and Travis are in the finals!

So excited!!!
emotion-5.gif
emthup.gif
emfist.gif
emhot.gif
emsmile.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!!!!!! America got it right....I was SO relieved to see Benji and Heidi still in there!! And I think Travis and Donyelle are great to round out the final 4. I don''t really love Donyelle...she just doesn''t do it for me (but yes her eyes are spectacular)...I just seriously puffy heart Heidi! She''s such a perky cutie but she''s got the moves !! and Benji, I don''t even have to say anything other than WOW. Even Greg loves Benji. hahaa. I think that he is pretty technical even if he can''t do the spinny winnies like Travis...Benji always seems to have superb control over his movements, his body, he''s so fluid. He makes everything look easy.

Next week I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO voting many many times. I don''t know though, is there just one winner or does a boy and girl get to win?? If it''s just one person, who to vote for? Yikes! Well I have a whole week to think about it.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Let me preface this by saying, that aside from Jessica & Jaymz, all the top 20 are AMAZING dancers.

I wish Alison would have been in Donyelle's place, I think Donyelle is phenomenal, but she seems to be lacking energy & not dancing "full out".

lllooooooove Travis. I was actually shouting when Mia was critiqueing him, saying she'd be honored to work with him the rest of her life. As a dancer (of 27 years...jazz, hiphop, tap--I currently teach hip hop & salsa) I find him to be the best technically. He blew me away in the prelim audtions.

Benji is so amazing too....but Travis has an edge in pure skill...buuuttttt.. this is a popularity contest, and he just makes me grin from ear to ear when he performs..so I could see him winning it.

Heidi? Well, I taught a move tonight I called the "Heidi"...my class loves the show. She's awesome, and skinny white girl can funk it up...I honestly think Natalie is a better dancer than Heidi, but Heidi is more "every girl". She's got that sweet something, with high octane cuteness, whereas Natalie's sexuality might be intimidating for some viewers. I adored Natalie to pieces, love her style.

But, seeing that the winner will be dancing for Mia in Cirque du Soleil's company that performs with Celine Dion, Travis really is cut out for that more than anyone else. Or Alison....perhaps Natalie or Donyelle. I just don't see Heidi & Benji using the best of their talents in a funky, earthy, contemporary dance company. But they'd probably love it!

Any of these four are wonderful dancers...I love them all!

That's my professional opinion!

'Night all!

Jeannine

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
I just finished downloading the clip of last week''s Mambo with Benji and Heidi and...

23.gif

ZOMGWTHBBQ!

That was... mind-blowing. Did you see how he dropped her down his body from the lift at the beginning?!
23.gif
ZOMG! Those two are... incredible. I really really loved Heidi and Travis'' Afrian Pop number this week, but Heidi + Benji + Latin Dance = Stage On Fire.

And Nigel ran out of superlatives-- Amen, brother!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I wish Allison was still in the running she was my favorite & definitely one of, if not the best. I liked Natalie but she annoyed me with her pitty poor me crying. Love Heidi. Why do the judges make it sound like she is so-so dancer? She has been an excellent throughout the show am I missing something? Love Benji & Travis although Travis needs to give that spinning a rest.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Galateia: You can dowload clips? Holy cow! I''m off to download some. So many great performances. And yes..that was a smokin'' stage after that peformance!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results