shape
carat
color
clarity

So freakin excited!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
This weekend at Sabine''s wedding, the photographer (who was also my wedding photographer) asked to see some of the pictures I''d been taking at Sabine''s reception and after looking at them she said she had a wedding in October that she still needs a second shooter for and she asked if I''d be interested!!! I''m so freakin excited!!! I''ve always really liked photography, but I''ve definitely gotten more into it since getting my work camera (Nikon D80) because I never had a high quality camera before. She offered to pay me, but I said I''d just be super happy if she''d kind of take me under her wing and teach me about photography. I feel like I don''t really know what I''m doing, but I''d love to learn all the technical aspects. The wedding''s in October and I''m soooo excited!!! We''re going to go over the details sometime this week.

She also said she has a client who was looking for a day of coordinator and I immediately came to mind when the client asked for a referral because I was so organized at my own wedding. She asked if it''s something I''d be interested in doing and when I said yes, she said she''ll pass my info on and she''ll refer me in the future to anyone who asks!

I don''t know if this all will turn into anything, but I''m soooo excited!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
robbie Thats fantastic :) sounds like a really awesome opportunity to have some fun and see if anything comes of it :), I hope it all works out fantastically :). Congrats :D:D:D

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Deelight and SDL!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, awesome, sounds like fun!!! I bet you are very calm in stressful situations; great and very exciting!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Robbie, that is really exciting. I bet you are really excited. YAY for you!!!
36.gif

Linda

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s soooo exciting Robbie. Learning from a pro like that is awesome and love that she''ll refer you as a day of coordinator. Good things ahead for you, I''m sure!!
36.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
So you did use the D80 at Sabine''s wedding! OMG, I wish you were allowed to post more pictures now, as I would love to see how they turned out, that camera is so awesome! Will wait for your pictures after Sabine starts her own thread.

Well, that is exciting news about the photographer! I mean for a professional to acknowledge your skills like that is so awesome and flattering. Even if it does not work out, maybe you could take some classes and eventually moonlight on your own, as it sounds like you have natural talent.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
That is so exciting! Hopefully it will turn into something, but even if not you will learn a ton and also be able to put your wedding planning experience to work. I know how important it was to us to have photographers with personalities we meshed with, so I''m sure the bride/groom will appreciate having you around. Ditto for a DOC.

I bought DH the D80 for a wedding gift and he is like a little kid with a new toy. I love that camera, and I love seeing him have so much fun with it.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!

Omie, I made Sabine a DVD of all of the shots DH and I took throughout the day and got it to her on Sunday since she didn''t leave for the honeymoon until this morning so I think she''ll probably include some in her post, especially if she doesn''t have any from the photographer yet :)

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
That was so nice of you to create a DVD for her. I hope she does include some of your pictures in her thread, in fact, it is very likely she will. Cannot wait to see them.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
That''s really awesome! Even if nothing else comes of it, it sounds like a blast!

Good luck!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
WOW! that''s incredible!!
23.gif
awesome awesome awesome! i''d be freakin'' excited too!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Way to go, Robbie!

I hope you'll be able to share some of the October wedding pics with us.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Robbie! I think it sounds like a fantastic opportunity. Keep us updated on your progress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results