shape
carat
color
clarity

SO excited to decorate for Christmas *today*!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My kids are leaving to grandparents'' house and will stay there and we''ll join them up for Thanksgiving, so the kids won''t be home again until AFTER Saturday, so I''m going to surprise them and have the house all decked out for when they arrive back home.

So, excited to have reds and greens. Festivities. We won''t do the tree until they get back mostly because I need Dh''s help w/that and he''ll be gone till this evening and we''ll be busy tomorrow!

Yeahhh.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
That is so fun. What kind of TV provider do you have? I have dish network and I noticed that there are music stations playing Christmas music. It would be a good time to burn a cinnamon candle, turn on the Christmas music and decorate. I will be thinking of you today while I sit at work with nothing to do wishing that I could be home getting ready.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
That sounds like fun! I love decorating - I wish my family was more into it so I could do stuff like this. But I am decorating at work instead
9.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh FUN!!! I love decorating for Christmas! Last year was a downer, the tree fell over about 3 hours after I put it up and decorated it
7.gif
I lost a few good ornaments and was still finding glass when we moved in September! I''m VERY excited to decorate our new place this year!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 11:57:32 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Oh FUN!!! I love decorating for Christmas! Last year was a downer, the tree fell over about 3 hours after I put it up and decorated it
7.gif
I lost a few good ornaments and was still finding glass when we moved in September! I''m VERY excited to decorate our new place this year!
That sucks your tree fell over. I feel for you as ours fell over TWO times last year.

Radiant - we have comcast cable and internet. I''ll hunt around for a holiday station. Thanks for the idea.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I hope all your decorations go up smoothly! I love cranking up the music and lighting a balsam or gingerbread Yankee candle and going to work! Don''t you just love this time of year?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 1:54:15 PM
Author: pennquaker09
I hope all your decorations go up smoothly! I love cranking up the music and lighting a balsam or gingerbread Yankee candle and going to work! Don''t you just love this time of year?
Yes, I absolutely adore it! I love RED! My kids were just picked up by the grandparents so I''m ready to begin. I need to find a table cloth today. . .

So, off to begin!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
That''s awesome, MC! I wish I could decorate my place too! Unfortunately, my dogs would just destroy anything I put up.
4.gif
Can you post pictures of your tree with you get it done? I love seeing everyone''s trees all done and lit up!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Yay! I''m starting my decorating today, too (although it''s because I''m too excited to wait any longer!)

Post pictures!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 4:37:49 PM
Author: Luckyeshe
That's awesome, MC! I wish I could decorate my place too! Unfortunately, my dogs would just destroy anything I put up.
4.gif
Can you post pictures of your tree with you get it done? I love seeing everyone's trees all done and lit up!
Yes, tree photos for sure. . .but that'll be after this weekend. Not sure when. My husband is one who likes to trudge up into the wilderness and torture us by climbing up mountains to aquire the perfect tree. Last year, we found a tree that was three sided and thought, "oh, excellent fit for our living room corner." Little did we know that because of it only having three sides, it'd be heavier on those three sides and THAT is why it fell over twice. . .

Anyhow, I just bought a table cloth and am about to start cracking open the giant plastic bins of goodies we have (it's only 2:54 here so I have lots of time this afternoon before DH comes home). Soooo, bad of me, but ahhh, having the afternoon to myself in the house is such a treat that I am kicking back with a beer! lol!!!
1.gif
Normally, I'd be the typical responsible SAHM walking to the school right now to pick up my boys! lol

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 4:52:24 PM
Author: ladypirate
Yay! I''m starting my decorating today, too (although it''s because I''m too excited to wait any longer!)

Post pictures!
It''s difficult NOT to be excited with all the stores having festive stuff out and about. What are you putting on your front door? Are you doing a wreath? I''m trying to decide if I want to put one up and then hang mini ornaments on it or instead hang a little elf plaque next to the door. Kids would love the elf. My 9 year old is still talking about Santa. Wonder if he still believes or is just going along with it.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 6:01:08 PM
Author: MC
Date: 11/25/2009 4:52:24 PM

Author: ladypirate

Post pictures!
It''s difficult NOT to be excited with all the stores having festive stuff out and about. What are you putting on your front door? Are you doing a wreath? I''m trying to decide if I want to put one up and then hang mini ornaments on it or instead hang a little elf plaque next to the door. Kids would love the elf. My 9 year old is still talking about Santa. Wonder if he still believes or is just going along with it.

I really want to do a wreath, but it will probably go next to the front door rather than on it since our front door is glass panels. I just picked up some centerpieces for Christmas dinner from Ikea that I''m excited about, too!

I bet your 9 year old does believe in Santa. I did until I was like 15!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
We''re doing the decorating today at work. One of my co-workers is the Decorating Goddess and we bring her offerings from around the antique mall mall, and she accepts or rejects based upon her vision
3.gif

My mom''s tree has evolved over the years to be pretty much 100% ornament on the surface area. It''s a thing of sheer awesomeness, and may collapse under the sheer weight of the sparkle some year.

Have fun surprising the kiddos
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay how fun...we are hopefully getting ours this wkd so that i can take my preggo-sweet-time putting up the stuff over the days we have off! we have to go to our old townhouse and get the xmas stuff out from under the house on friday. our tenants were nice enough to let us store our pallet of items there because i have a ridiculous amt of xmas stuff!

wonder who will be the first to start the tree thread this year
5.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
We put up Christmas lights last week; I could not help it! They make me happy and I needed them to get me through my ICU month
1.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun! We''re going to start putting up some decoarations tomorrow night. Yay!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The kids loved coming home to the house all decked out! I''m not done adding the final touches. It''s hard with moving so often that some items don''t have a properly fitting place in our current house and I''m hoping to find a few fun additional items to fill in the gaps.

Dh and I talked and ugh, we''re thinking we''ll keep the kids in the same school but doubt we''ll be in this house until our younger graduates. We get bored of our houses REALLY easily. I''m not sure if I like the layout of this house. . .we must have some sort of disorder. . .

Anyway, I hope we get a tree SOON!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results