shape
carat
color
clarity

Smart Phones Uses

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an iphone, which I basically use for email, calls, internet and photos. For what else do you use your smartphone? I am sure I'm under-utilizing mine, so curious about some other uses, apps, etc.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not a big cell user either but I do use "Out of Milk" for my grocery list. Comes in handy!

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
I have various airline apps so I can "check in" online, yelp for finding restaurants, and a few game apps for when I'm bored waiting for a table at said restaurant. :lol:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Email
Internet
Yelp
TripAdvisor
Maps (I get lost in my own backyard :bigsmile: ) Just downloaded navmii maps to get us around on our Scotland vacay next week
AccuWeather
Calendar for my appointments -- have it synched with my laptop
Tapatalk
Texting
Checkin and boarding passes for flights

Those are the apps I use most often.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Games. I enjoy my daily dose of Red Herring... and the occasional ;)) game of Bejeweled Blitz.

Noisli for ambient noise.

I got some Bose noise reduction ear buds so I can tune out nearby conversations, background noise, etc. but still be able to hear speech that's directed at me. I got them to use on flights, but find that they're also very nice to use, together with my own music of tunes on youtube etc. in a cafe-type setting.

But - I too would like to learn more ways to really put this pricey little computer to use!

Does anyone use the Dragon App? I'm wondering whether it could help my father, who's extremely hard-of-hearing, understand the conversations going on around him.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I pretty much only send texts on mine. And a close second is taking pics and videos of the dogs and sending them to family. I fail at phone usage. I use Whats App for free texting, and Life 360 for gps tracking of my family members. I do use the alarm function also. I never actually use it as a phone, so when it comes to that I'm really fumbling if the number is not in my Contacts list. :confused:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata, have a GREAT time in Scotland! I loved it :appl: :love: Bought some gorgeous fisherman's sweaters.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use Google Map and their Drive app instead of a stand-alone GPS sat nav for navigation when I drive.

I have a subscription for a newspaper so I read that whenever I can.

Then it is the usual text, calls (seldom), e-mail, internet (mainly eBay), banking, paying parking in advance, flashlight, camera, video, MP3 player, calculator, games (simple ones), learn French apps, that's about it.

DK :))

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1437251526|3904556 said:
Matata, have a GREAT time in Scotland! I loved it :appl: :love: Bought some gorgeous fisherman's sweaters.
Thanks darlin.

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
I use my phone a ton!! Outside of the basic uses (texting, facebook, camera, email, weather, GPS maps and of course PS in safari), here are some of the things I use my phone for:

• Chamberlin Garage Door App so I can feel better knowing that my pet sitter has arrived when I am traveling or the cleaners have come and gone at our house
    DLink App– Can check on my cats/house via webcams we have in the house
    Shop Savvy App– Can scan an item in-store to see how pricing compares on-line or other stores
    WEMO App– Can turn on/off a light in my house while I am gone (can turn on a light to check on my cats via webcams when it is dark out)
    Shopping Apps – I have a bunch of these for all my favorite stores just for shopping via my phone, price comparing or scanning items in-store to add something to my wish list
    Grocery IQ App– Both my husband and I have it so either of us can have our up to-date grocery store list for GS stops
    Errands App – Keep a list of to-dos
    Open Table App - Make reservations at a restaurant on the go
    Culvers App – Check the custard flavor of the day at any location near us!
    Delta App – Check in, boarding pass and flight info
    Various travel apps for audio tours of major sites (Rick Steves, etc.), translation apps and Tripadvisor for reviews and things to do

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Emails, text, social media, weather, maps, banking, catching up on shows, kindle, health trackers, GPS app for running, and the list goes on. I rarely open a computer when I'm home- it's all on my phone.

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pedometer (step count), heart rate tracking, online banking, Pricescope, calculator, email coupons (show on phone no need to print), store coupons, pictures (including of the car and license plate of someone parks WAY too close and I am afraid they will bang up my car on the way out), weather, GPS if I get lost or need to get around road work, reverse camera to look at me as quick check so no need for mirror, registering for school classes, note pad to type quick reminder to myself, video (like of the animation "A" did in summer class), picture of row number when parking at event, etc...

I know there is a lot more I use. Those are just the quick list!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GasBuddy - find cheapest gas around when traveling

Barcode scanner - scan a product at Frys Electronics, get the Amazon.com price, and Frys will match it

SwannView Pro - realtime monitoring of our surveillance system at home, can view all of the cameras. System also set up to send emails with attached photo when it detects motion on certain cameras.

Other apps already mentioned.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I use my iPhone a ton. My most-used apps and why I like them:

Weather Underground app--better than the iPhone's built-in weather app since it includes radar/storm tracks
Mint.com--can see all financial accounts in one place
FitBit and Lark--activity measurement apps for keeping me moving
Instagram--posting photos
Pinterest--I pin a lot of things, but especially helpful is my food board when I need ideas for a meal or while grocery shopping
AnyList--shared lists between me and my husband so shopping is smoother and you never forget your list

Games I like:
Dots
TwoDots
Drop7
Solitaire
Inside Out
Trivia Crack

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results