shape
carat
color
clarity

Simple, quick scifi costumes ideas for party pls

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So we're are going to a party at the weekend. But dh forgot to mention to me that it's fancy dress! So I really need your help for ideas at me and dh can dress up in/as. I don't want to go the hiring route as I don't like the idea of sharing unwashed clothes with strangers not to mention I don't want to drop $100 aud each for this which seems to be the minimum spend for hire.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you bring a towel, you're Arthur Dent out of Douglas Adams. Brown outfits (and assuming a vague physical resemblance to any of the characters), the crew of Firefly. Will think of more, but first ... A) what do y'all look like, b) how much effort do you want to put in (makeup? Wigs?) and, c) is fantasy an option, or just sci-fi?

vc10um

Ideal_Rock

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
vc10um|1365522413|3423282 said:
Dress in suits, get a fake badge (they're technically Secret Service) and a Jetsons-looking fake gun (ray gun style) and go as Pete and Myka from Warehouse 13. Bring along a pair of purple latex gloves and a silvery bag for "artifacts." Bonus points for making a Farnsworth communicator.

Pete and Myka

Their weapon of choice (called a Tesla) (In action)

Farnsworth Communicator in action (A better picture for reference)

This is the most awesome idea ever!! :appl:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, FPS and Circe!

I liked the idea so much I just pitched it to hubs for Halloween this year--he's in! I guess I should be able to make a working Farnsworth by then, right? :lol:

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
vc10um|1365524948|3423310 said:
Thanks, FPS and Circe!

I liked the idea so much I just pitched it to hubs for Halloween this year--he's in! I guess I should be able to make a working Farnsworth by then, right? :lol:

Coolest husband ever!! :) I'm trying to talk mine into going as Harry and Ginny lol ;-)

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
FancyPantsSparkles|1365526690|3423337 said:
Thanks, FPS and Circe!

Coolest husband ever!! :) I'm trying to talk mine into going as Harry and Ginny lol ;-)

PERFECT WITH YOUR HAIR!!! :appl:

chel, you could also easily be Star Trek characters. Just wear long-sleeved shirts in appropriate colors (NOT RED! THEY ALWAYS DIE!) and cut a communicator shape out of cardboard and pin to shirt. Add black pants and carry ray gun-like weapon and you're good to go!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
vc10um|1365528135|3423362 said:
Thanks, FPS and Circe!

PERFECT WITH YOUR HAIR!!! :appl:

RIGHT! :) Oh and I think you need to start a Halloween costume thread closer to October...you have great ideas!!

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, FPS and Circe!

LOVE THIS!

If I could get DH to dress up (not likely) I would lobby for Astrid and Hiccup with the small black dog as Toothless or Link and Zelda!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Human from planet earth is a free costume. :bigsmile: ... well, assuming that's what you are.

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks all for the suggestions so far.

I think the Pete and Mykla idea is a good one- I only worry that people will ask me about it and as I've never seen it and dont even know how to pronounce her name that it wont be so good.

The startrek idea is a good one, not only have I seen it but dh is close enough to pass for a young jean-luc picard if you squint a bit. Just have to see if I can find a long black sleeved tshirt and a short sleeved v-neck tshirt in a nasty mustard/burgendy/emerald color. I don't have either at home. I think I can dig out some black slacks for hubby though.

Any other ideas incase I can't find the above. Any ideas for me? btw I'm tall, medium build, long brunette hair, white, ....if that helps.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
chel180|1365571277|3423859 said:
Thanks all for the suggestions so far.

I think the Pete and Mykla idea is a good one- I only worry that people will ask me about it and as I've never seen it and dont even know how to pronounce her name that it wont be so good.

The startrek idea is a good one, not only have I seen it but dh is close enough to pass for a young jean-luc picard if you squint a bit. Just have to see if I can find a long black sleeved tshirt and a short sleeved v-neck tshirt in a nasty mustard/burgendy/emerald color. I don't have either at home. I think I can dig out some black slacks for hubby though.

Any other ideas incase I can't find the above. Any ideas for me? btw I'm tall, medium build, long brunette hair, white, ....if that helps.

Her name is pronounced like Mike-uh(a). Do a quick net flix search and watch an episode or two :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results