shape
carat
color
clarity

Showering: How Long? Navy Shower or Hollywood Shower?

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I have to share this...years ago I went to Vegas for a meet up with some other girls I met on another site and 4 of us shared a room. One of the girls, who I'll call Patti, spent at least 45 minutes in the shower the next morning! I was so annoyed because a) you're sharing a room with 3 other people who need to shower and b) who needs a 45 minute shower?????? :angryfire: Needless to say, we never got together and shared a room with Patti again. LOL

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy crap, why do showers take so long? If I'm just cleaning off, it can take 3-5 minutes to clean my body off. If I'm washing and deep conditioning my hair, about 5-7 minutes. If I'm shaving my legs (~1-2x/week), about 10 minutes. If I'm grooming the nether regions, then I tack on another 5. So 15 minutes max. In/out. I hate breathing steam, it makes me dizzy.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I shower for maybe 10 min when not washing hair and 15 when I do wash hair. I wash my hair 3-4 times a week. We have never had any kind of water restrictions here other than not watering lawns in a drought. I could do it all in half the time, but I love the shower! Oh, and never, ever would I turn the water off during the shower!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Not the Navy version, but I'm in and out in three minutes-four if I shave.
My husband can't believe I shower so quickly but all you need is liquid soap and a scruffy. Plus shampoo in a pump bottle.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personal grooming = electric epilating = 40minutes easily, and the jets MUST stay on or it hurts like nothing else. That's only once every couple of weeks though, thank goodness.

I will happily take three showers a day given the chance and I prefer my water hotter than anyone else I know. The showers are short, though - 5-8 minutes tops including hair and body lotion, and I always leave the door and window open if possible - I hate steamy bathrooms.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely Hollywood for me - my skin is still trying to be a teenager :roll: so I need to spend some serious time exfoliating, usually with a scrub then a flannel, and I have different products for hair / face / the rest of me. I hate washing over the sink because the water either runs down my arms and goes everywhere, or I get a bad back from leaning over to stop the water going everywhere...

The shower is also the best place for me to think - I can just zone out and let my mind wander, rather than having to deal with other stuff.

I usually end up taking about 10-15 minutes, but if I have to have a shave then that will be 20 to 45 on a *really* bad day :???: lol

My water meter and bills say I apparently use enough water for two 'average' people, something like 50 cubic metres per charging period (not sure what that is in proper measurements) but I never leave lights on in rooms I'm not in, I use a pushbike to get to work, and my apartment is well insulated so my heating only needs to be on 16 degrees at the very most, even when it's snowing outside.

I have occasionally had a Navy shower but usually only when it's roasting hot outside and I can't face being even hotter from having a normal shower lol

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I call it my hydrotherapy time. I can get everything clean in about 5 minutes if I don't wash my hair. If I add in shaving and washing/conditioning my hair, it takes about 30 minutes. I multi-task while I'm in there though. While I'm waiting for my hair to get wet, I exfoliate my face. While I'm rinsing my hair, I brush my tongue.

The most awesome thing in our house is a re-circulator on the hot water. We never have to wait on hot water anywhere. I don't have any idea how it works but I thank the builder every time I wash dishes or shower.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't wash my hair every shower. So 2/3 of my showers are 5 minutes, which is just soaping up, washing my face, etc. When I wash my hair, I will take 12-15m or so. If I do a deep treatment/shaving, it will take longer, but never more than 30m. If I'm in the shower for 20 I start to get soggy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results