color
clarity

Show us your crafty side!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
qtiekiki|1352327257|3300742 said:
Junebug, your work are gorgeous.

This is my kids' craft... pumpkin painting. Top is by my 4yo DD and bottom is my 2yo (closer to 3 actually) DS.

Thanks so much qtiekiki!

I love your kids' pumpkins, they are adorable! they must have had such a good time painting them!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elisateach|1352318850|3300672 said:
junebug17 said:
Wow, I'm loving all these crafts! Very creative, and so pretty!

I do decorative painting, basically I just take plain or unfinished pieces and try to jazz them up a little lol. Not technically a craft, but since painting came up I thought it would be ok to post a few of my pieces.
Very nice work:)
Love the ornaments! The detail is so good. Yes it is a craft in my book, you crafted it didn't you;-)

Thanks Elisa! I love your pumpkins - they're beautifully done - I really appreciate how much time and effort you put into them!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
junebug17 said:

I do decorative painting, basically I just take plain or unfinished pieces and try to jazz them up a little lol. Not technically a craft, but since painting came up I thought it would be ok to post a few of my pieces.

Your painting is beautiful! What paint and technique is it? It looks like airbrush maybe?

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
MyDiamondSparkles said:
...the rest of the stuff... and that';s it for tonight I am late for my Crafter's Anonymous meeting. Just kidding! I do wonder if there is a 12-step program for my crafting addition though....hmmmm. :wink2:

Everything is DARLING! What do you use for the sandwich bags? Oilcloth?

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
It's not exactly a craft, but I'm dyyyying to show off my Halloween face paint... But it would mean showing my FAAAACE?!?! Ahhh!!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am not at all suprised by all of the crafty folks on PS! Tuffy, would love to see your face paint!!

Here are a few of my recent projects:

First up, pumpkins made out of books. Definitely not my idea, but I thought they were cute and not terribly hard to make (as long as you have a very sharp exacto knife!)

Next, my fall centerpiece. I bought an old toolbox on eBay and filled votives with split peas, popcorn and red lentils and plopped candles on top...add some vines, pinecones from the backyard and you're all set!

Here's my Hanukkah centerpiece, which will replace Fall next month. Our menorah will go in the center. It was my first attempt at making my own mercury glass and I'm pretty pleased with the results.

book_pumpkins.jpg

fall_centerpiece.jpg

hanukkah_centerpiece.jpg

hanukkah_centerpiece2.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
More....

And here's the craft room where I do all of my projects. I STILL haven't sewn the window treatment, which will match the "skirt" I made for the craft table. I wanted something wide enough for my bolts of fabric and refused to pay for one of those Martha Stewart craft units, so I bought Craftmaid shoe cubbies, spray painted them yellow, slapped a piece of MDF covered in silver marine vinyl on top and voila! Craft table with cubbies for storage for under $75!! Got the furniture off of craigslist and painted it cream....pardon the mess, as I'm in the middle of updating the kids scrapbooks and didn't feel like cleaning it up to take a photo! :cheeky:

Lastly, like MDS, I make most of my daughter's clothes....she's the one in the center with the puppy p.j.'s I made for her slumber party.

craft_room.jpg

craft_room2.jpg

willow_grove_2.jpg

2000-12-31_23.jpg

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Junerose - Wow, what a talent! I wish I could paint with such detail.

Kayden - I love the transformation. I am addicted to Pinterest too :bigsmile: I have many projects on my to-do list that were inspired from there.

qtiekiki - What a fun kids project!

MyDiamondSparkles - love the sandwich bags!

yennyfire - I am jealous of your craft room! Mine is currently just a messy area in our unfinished basement :knockout: We plan to start finishing the basement next year so hopefully I can convince my DH that a craft room is necessary :bigsmile: I love the book pumpkins by the way, what a cute idea!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
yennyfire|1352383409|3301051 said:
Next, my fall centerpiece. I bought an old toolbox on eBay and filled votives with split peas, popcorn and red lentils and plopped candles on top...add some vines, pinecones from the backyard and you're all set!

Yenny - the book pumpkins are really cute! Fun idea. I feel sad for the books those! (yeah, I am weird and sentimental about books!) hahaha

I love your toolbox centerpiece and your craft room! I wish we had an extra bedroom for something like that...I use our dining room table which limits what I can do, between my stuff & kid's homework, we're kind of short on space. Time for a bigger house!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If it makes you feel better MC, they are old Readers Digest's....

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
yennyfire|1352389591|3301112 said:

lol!!! Okay, yes, that does make me feel better.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tuffyluvr|1352346242|3300929 said:
junebug17 said:

Your painting is beautiful! What paint and technique is it? It looks like airbrush maybe?

Thanks tuffyluvr! I use acrylic paints and flat brushes - and I paint using different strokes with either the flat side of the brush or the chisel edge.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kayden|1352322204|3300690 said:
What a fun thread!!

Love all the holiday crafting! I am So addicted to Pinterest it's ridiculous!! (It is fun to see photos if my ring scattered around there however! ;))

Here is my most recent craft. It's an old barn window turned photo frame. :)

Very cute! I really like this!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
junebug17 said:
tuffyluvr|1352346242|3300929 said:
junebug17 said:

Thanks tuffyluvr! I use acrylic paints and flat brushes - and I paint using different strokes with either the flat side of the brush or the chisel edge.

You are so talented! You must have a very steady hand--your lines are so perfect!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
MC|1352389646|3301114 said:

If I'm being honest, I could never destroy a book that someone could read. Too much of a book lover and goody two shoes!! ;-)

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I'm feeling brave... And I am keeping my fingers crossed that I am not recognized. I figure that not as many lurkers spend time in Hangout...

Here is my fabulous calavera/sugar skull makeup... An homage to my love of Mexican folk art. I wore the costume to 2 parties, but the makeup was only slightly different--couldnt tolerate the false lashes twice! They were terribly uncomfortable! You don't even want to know how long it took to apply...

imageuploadedbytapatalk1352397191.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1352397577.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
yennyfire|1352394014|3301187 said:
MC|1352389646|3301114 said:

If I'm being honest, I could never destroy a book that someone could read. Too much of a book lover and goody two shoes!! ;-)

Sorry, if I came across as sounding judgemental!!! I didn't at all mean to be. I love the idea with using old magazines!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
tuffyluvr|1352394654|3301202 said:
I'm feeling brave... And I am keeping my fingers crossed that I am not recognized. I figure that not as many lurkers spend time in Hangout...

Here is my fabulous calavera/sugar skull makeup... An homage to my love of Mexican folk art. I wore the costume to 2 parties, but the makeup was only slightly different--couldnt tolerate the false lashes twice! They were terribly uncomfortable! You don't even want to know how long it took to apply...

Wow, Tuffyluvr - very awesome!!! My husband is a huge day of the dead fan and we have paper mache skulls and other misc artwork. Your face artwork is so cool!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
stargurl78|1352385141|3301064 said:

Sorry junebug17, I meant you! :oops:

And tuffyluvr, how cool! I saw a lot of cool face painting pics online but I was nervous that I was lacking the artistic skills to try any of them... How long did that take you to do?

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
stargurl78 said:
stargurl78|1352385141|3301064 said:

Sorry junebug17, I meant you! :oops:

And tuffyluvr, how cool! I saw a lot of cool face painting pics online but I was nervous that I was lacking the artistic skills to try any of them... How long did that take you to do?

Thanks! I searched "sugar skull makeup" on YouTube and watched a few tutorials before I did it. It took about an hour and a half each time, oy!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
MC, I wasn't offended in the least. It WOULD be hard to cut a perfectly good book up.

Tuffy, you look amazing! I can barely put regular make-up on...I'm amazed at how detailed and intricate yours is....

Junebug, I'm in awe of your talent. I can't even make a semi-decent stick figure! :oops:

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Yenny: those pjs are darling! I love the outfit too--I love those ruffly pants. Don't you love having a dedicated room to craft in? That way you can shut the door on the mess (like when it's time to cook dinner) and come back to it later....lol. :wink2:

Tuffy: oh my gosh--that face paint is awesome! What a talent you have. I can;'t even seem to do a proper cat eye for an evening out. :nono:

Someone asked me about the fabric for the sandwich bags: I did a ton of research on the subject--there's a lot of misinformation out there. Oil cloth is not food safe, nor is PUL (commonly used for diaper covers). Here's a fee links to the fabric we used for the lining of our bags: Food safe laminated cotton: www.hartsfabric.com/bpa-free-laminated-vinyl-coated-covered-cotton-fabric.html
Pro care fabric: www.candleonthehill.net/store/catalog.php?item=157

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
We are a crafty talented bunch! I wish I could sew:(
Got started today on some Christmas crafts. Stole the idea from Pinterest.
Alcohol ink blown onto glass balls! Going to add glittery wired tinsel to the hook and they are done.
Some pics of where the magic happens! I love having a place to make a mess then close the door!!

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1352674635.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1352674663.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1352674678.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1352674706.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I love seeing everyone's crafts! Yenny I'm especially impressed with your resourceful craft room furniture. Amazing!

I seriously need a craft room. I've basically stopping sewing since having kids because its too much hassle to put everything away each evening.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results