color
clarity

Show me your long hair and lets talk care <3

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kalomeli|1386975914|3573890 said:
missy|1386944140|3573564 said:
Ooh kalomeli, I have been using Jamaican extra dark black castor oil for the last month or so as an experiment too mainly because my hair is thinning and I am trying anything that might help however remote the possibility. I use it as a pre-poo and mix it with thinner consistency oils to make it more manageable to apply... I am having trouble using it though because it is so thick and my hair gets tangled when I apply even when mixed. I apply to dry hair because that is what I read to do. Any tips? I love the way it smells though I know some don't care for the scent. It is smoky and I really love that smell.

I am interested in hearing your thoughts regarding results after a few months. Please let us know how it goes and good luck!

That actually was the reason I ended up mixing it with my conditioner - it makes it so much easier to apply! My conditioner already had a bit of argan oil in it so there is an emulsifier to make the smooth texture... Maybe try mixing it with some basic light moisturizer? There is some emulsifier used in moisturizers anyway so it will change the viscosity of the oil.

I actually have a little experiment going on with oils. Castor oil for hair, and grape seed oil as daytime moisturizer and argan oil as night cream. So far I'm super happy! My skin hasn't looked this good in years! Oily T-zone and dry-as-desert cheeks are gone! :o

Thanks for the castor oil advice Kalomeli and woohoo on your success with oil application to your skin! :appl:

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, missy! Please tell how your experiment goes. :wavey: I'm sure most of us are interested to know how to get thicker hair!

Fazilla

Rough_Rock
Hello ladies,

Mostly a lurker but had to subscribe to this thread...I love having long hair and could use whatever tips I can get under my belt.

When I was little, my hair was thick, shiny, straight and past my bum...and one major reason for that was oiling my hair. Mom would spend at least half hour massaging oil into my scalp (homemade mix of coconut oil, henna, neem, castor oil, and probably a couple other that I can't remember). My hair was always braided and every couple of days, I'd wash it and the process would start all over again. This was in Africa.

Moved to Canada when I was 13 and trust me, there was no way I was going to go to be seen in public with oily hair...nope. Not happening. And it goes downhill from there...got my hair cut and that was that.

Hair is past my bra strap now but ends are super dry...I don't blow dry or use any tools on my hair. Hubby refuses to come near me if I ever oil my hair even if I'm just hanging at home and DD was born with a head full of dark and thick hair. After a bath, the hair is just past her shoulders and she is only 13 months!

Evert time we visit my parents, mom always oils my daughter's hair and so far, hubby hasn't been able to do much about it.

So...I have been rambling to say that oil works!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone have any hair updates?

I added purple to my hair (well actually my husband did it for me lol) and I LOVE it. The blue/purple have mixed and certain parts have a dark blue purple which makes the lighter purple and the teal blue pop more. Hair has also gotten a lot longer and I'm happy with the length. I also learned to fishtale braid-I'm impressed with myself lol!

Frazilla: I'd LOVE to see pictures of your daughters hair if you're willing? Use a few drops of oil just on the ends-that should help them a lot. My son is just now getting hair and he's nearly 2!

p1050349.jpg

p1050054_-_copy.jpg

p1050399.jpg

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Wow vintagelover, your hair is so long and beautiful, like a fairytale princess, especially with the different colors.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results