shape
carat
color
clarity

Sheet Recommendation?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I really need new sheets. Any recommendations? I don't want to spend more than $100 (for a set) and they have to be available in Cal King.

Annnnd GO!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Costco sometimes has nice cotton of decent thread count at great prices.
Maybe around $60 or $70 for Cal King.

Supply is very hit or miss though.
I grab 2 or 3 sets when I see them … queen, of course. :lol:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1395095586|3636058 said:
Costco sometimes has nice cotton of decent thread count at great prices.
Maybe around $60 or $70 for Cal King.

Supply is very hit or miss though.
I grab 2 or 3 sets when I see them … queen, of course. :lol:

See, I've bought some from there and didn't care for them. They attract every piece of lint and cat hair around. It's pretty rare that I'm disappointed with anything I buy from Costco, but this was one of those times.

Queen, hahaha. Cute.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We love our flannel, Lands End. Year round for us. Wash great, hold color, etc. Can't go wrong, they'll accept returns for anything. I get the heaviest flannel, buy 2 sets, & rotate.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
sarahb|1395109045|3636192 said:
We love our flannel, Lands End. Year round for us. Wash great, hold color, etc. Can't go wrong, they'll accept returns for anything. I get the heaviest flannel, buy 2 sets, & rotate.

Oh yes, the flannel sheets, I lOVE them!! Nothing like them when it comes to comfort. For hot summer months, a friend suggested sheets that are jersey knit, and OMG they are our favorites.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Check out smartbargins.com and overstock.com!!! They regularly have 1000+ thread count sheets under $100 for a king. I have gotten several sets there and been very happy with all of them! Though you are limited typically to only solid colors. They really great deals are typically white and/ or a version of ivory.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
I only buy percale, ones that are cool and slick to the hand. Most of mine are old ones from '90s or older, made in the USA. I have bought some newer ones from Ollie's discount that were made in Egypt and Pakistan. I pick the higher-cotton ones, at least 60% cotton and preferably higher. Actual thread isn't as important to me as the hand (feel). Buying guide:
http://www.overstock.com/guides/percale-sheets-fact-sheet

I skip all the sateens, flannels, and other weaves. The sateens are too hot and not slick like I prefer. They also collect cat hair and lint.

Just warning you, there are a lot of cotton sheets out there on the market, but NOT very many old-fashioned icy percales. Long staple makes a softer sheet, and the shorter ones tend to be a bit bristly.

eta: If buying online, ber sure you can return them. There are some "percales" being sold that have a coarse feel, like sandpaper. That never used to be, back when we had USA-made sheets. You could buy percales at Montgomery Ward and they'd be fantastic.My parents and I still use percale sheets that they received as wedding gifts a long time ago.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Great responses, thanks!

sarahb said:

I can't get flannel. When I was single I loved them. But DH is approximately 1035434 degrees and I would likely die.

SB621 said:
Check out smartbargins.com and overstock.com!!! They regularly have 1000+ thread count sheets under $100 for a king. I have gotten several sets there and been very happy with all of them! Though you are limited typically to only solid colors. They really great deals are typically white and/ or a version of ivory.

Thanks! I've looked at overstock, but I will check out smartbargins.

TC1987 said:
I skip all the sateens, flannels, and other weaves. The sateens are too hot and not slick like I prefer. They also collect cat hair and lint.

I think the ones from Costo are sateen, and it totally makes sense. They collect everything. I will check out the peracles.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results