shape
carat
color
clarity

she must be a pricescoper!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was just watching the news and saw something funny!

A local woman put her diamond rings folded inbetween two paper towels in the kitchen and her husband threw them away thinking it was a piece of trash.
23.gif
The wife found out and said, "come on hun, let''s go find them I can''t loose my rings!" So they went to the place where all of the trash ends up and they searched through 8 tons of garbage to find them!!! The good news is that they found them after the whole day of searching! They showed the lady and her set on TV and it looked like a marquise rhr and a round brilliant wedding set. It must have meant a lot to her to go to all that trouble, and he must be a loving husband to search through the garbage for his wife''s rings with her.

I kept thinking when I saw this story that I bet there might be some pricescopers that would go to great lengths to recover their rings...funny story, I thought you all might appreciate it.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
8 tons...of garbage! I''m betting she doesn''t leave ''em in paper towels again...and I''m betting he never throws ''em away again without checking!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
31.gif
31.gif

Hee hee. The first thing I thought was "That''s no Pricescoper!" A TRUE P-scope gal would

a) have had the rings insured
b) immediately forsee the opportunity to UPGRADE
11.gif

c) file the claim
d) consult her file of "dream settings"
e) start a new thread "Out w/the Old ... in with the UPGRADE"

(hypothetically speaking ... and strictly in my dememted imagination)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco, you have a point! I guess maybe what I should have said is...She SHOULD be a pricescoper heehee. She obviously loves her diamonds like we do, just isn''t up on insuring them or having a ''ring hook'' in the kitchen. Heehee, I have one of those and I don''t even have the ring yet.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2006 8:12:16 PM
Author: decodelighted
31.gif
31.gif

Hee hee. The first thing I thought was ''That''s no Pricescoper!'' A TRUE P-scope gal would

11.gif

c) file the claim
d) consult her file of ''dream settings''
e) start a new thread ''Out w/the Old ... in with the UPGRADE''

True that, LOL!!!
9.gif

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
31.gif
31.gif

Hee hee. The first thing I thought was ''That''s no Pricescoper!'' A TRUE P-scope gal would

11.gif

c) file the claim

LOL..omg...that is my demented thought process too!!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
31.gif
31.gif

11.gif

c) file the claim

OMG when you see it in writing it seems kinda sick don''t it.
20.gif

Sick, but true.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
31.gif
31.gif

11.gif

c) file the claim

Right on girl!!!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2006 8:23:41 PM
Author: kaleigh

31.gif
31.gif

11.gif

c) file the claim

True that, LOL!!!
9.gif
Sing it sisters!!! Upgade Mania!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I definitely got bitten by the upgrade bug...If it were me, I would say that it was meant to be to get the insurance and upgrade...8 tons of garbarge, not for the feint of heart!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Seriously...what if you ran across and pricked your fingers on some used dirty syringes from an infected drug user? Or toxic chemicals or ...or...or....its just too dangerous to go a''diggin.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
All I can say is, once I dug through a dumpster full of school lunch trash to try to find the $600 retainers my daughter accidentally threw away, and it was sickening. I wouldn''t do it again for anything.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 8:32:25 AM
Author: portoar
All I can say is, once I dug through a dumpster full of school lunch trash to try to find the $600 retainers my daughter accidentally threw away, and it was sickening. I wouldn''t do it again for anything.
I did the same thing. I dug throught the dumpsters at Taco Bell my senior year of high school because I lost my retainers. I found the top, but not the bottom. We were poor, so I knew if I wanted to keep my newly straightened teeth in place (6 years of braces hell) I had to find them. I enlisted the help of my boyfriend and we scoured them (ugh Taco Bell garbage...can you imagine?) top to bottom but never found my bottom retainer. My mom couldn''t afford to get me a new one (and was pissed to say the least...) and to this day, my bottom teeth are a little crooked. (not bad) But Thank God I found my tops!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 1:31:43 PM
Author: divergrrl

I did the same thing. I dug throught the dumpsters at Taco Bell my senior year of high school because I lost my retainers. I found the top, but not the bottom. We were poor, so I knew if I wanted to keep my newly straightened teeth in place (6 years of braces hell) I had to find them. I enlisted the help of my boyfriend and we scoured them (ugh Taco Bell garbage...can you imagine?) top to bottom but never found my bottom retainer. My mom couldn''t afford to get me a new one (and was pissed to say the least...) and to this day, my bottom teeth are a little crooked. (not bad) But Thank God I found my tops!
LOL, that put a whole new spin on the name Divergrrl!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
31.gif
31.gif

11.gif

c) file the claim

You are right on the money, Deco!!!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 1:31:43 PM
Author: divergrrl

hhheeeeeyyyyyy I wasn''t the only one!!! Portoar are you my mom?! hehe... i threw away my retainer at lunch once (in elementary school) and we went thru the school trash bin and found it... hehe. man. that was not fun.

I would totally go thru the trash to find my rings. and heck yeah DH would be right there along w/me, since he threw them away to begin with!!
2.gif
Although, 8 tons seems like a lot... hm.
14.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I think we''ve ALL done the ''retainer dumpster dive'' at some point in our lives.
20.gif

familystone

Shiny_Rock
My momther actually did the same thing with her rings but luckily they didn''t end up in the dump, otherwise I wouldn''t have a ring to propose with right now.

Actually she wrapped em up in paper towls and put them somewhere for safe keeping. Just she forgot where she put them and thought for sure somebody tossed up thinking they were garbage. Luckinly a couple of years later when she was moving she found em ontop of a kitchen cabinet still wrapped up in the paper towels.

-Dave

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am on my third child with braces, and I can thankfully say, I have never been in a dumpster! That is a riot!

Dave, what your mom did is what I fear I could do!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco, I was thinking the same thing!

I never had a retainer but I can only IMAGINE how horrible it would be sorting through a Taco Bell garbage *shudder*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results