shape
carat
color
clarity

setting decision getting close

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Once you''ve had a three stone ring there''s no going back to a plain old solitaire!
2.gif
Of course I might be biased, but as someone who wore a solitaire for years and then upgraded to a three stone ring I really love the look of those sparkling diamonds spreading across the finger!!! All of the settings you''ve posted look quite lovely from the pictures, but my favorite would be the Jaffe. That side profile is simply exquisite. Keep us posted on what you decide! Your diamond is just gorgeous by the way!!!
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you try on the Ritani 3 stone?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooooh, la la yummy pics! You have a tough decision ahead of you. I really liked the profile of the guchiman.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2007 11:14:43 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

yes I did DS. i like the Ritani a lot but want a little bit more substance to the band. those things are just sooooo dainty and i want more bling.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2007 11:19:09 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 3/22/2007 11:14:43 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

yes I did DS. i like the Ritani a lot but want a little bit more substance to the band. those things are just sooooo dainty and i want more bling.
It surely does pay off to see them in person, doesn''t it? I''m with you on wanting a little more substance to my rings, though.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
How exciting, MrsS!!! I have been wondering what you were up to re: your upgrade....I really like the Gumuchian....the quality of their settings is just amazing!!! It is going to be a very difficult choice, b/c they all really are just gorgeous!!!!!!!!
30.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Mmmmm, beautiful diamond! I like the first setting the best. The profile of it is stunning. I also like the last one very well, it comes in a close second.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Well from everything I''ve seen of your previous setting choices or things you tend to like, I find the beaudry with the pears seems the most *you* I also like it the most. Something about the general shape of it remainds me of your other setting choices. I''m glad you''re finally getting ready to set that beauty.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely bunch of choices! Of all the ones you posted I like the Beadury with the pears the best (but with different and single tone scroll work).

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Are we asked? heheh... then Gumuchian got my voice.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2007 10:44:48 AM
Author: Pricescope
Are we asked? heheh... then Gumuchian got my voice.

Of course all opinions are very welcome. You know, sitting there with all of those rings in front of me I did keep coming back to the Gumuchian too. The eternity band that matches is just gorgeous too but I''m not so sure about the diamond prong tips on the e-ring, nor am I a big fan of surprise diamonds but I was very drawn to it for some reason.

my hubby still hasn''t seen any of these yet so I don''t know his opinion but I''m wondering if I might be a good candidate for a temp setting until I''m 100% sure of what I want. I know I want a 3 stone, something classic yet special and the gumuchian does fit that bill nicely but....

thanks so much everyone who chimed in. I think I may have the record for taking the longest to set a stone and being the most indecive in choosing a setting and it''s not one i''m very proud of
39.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
there is one more that I didn''t try on b/c pearlmans didn''t have it yet but it''s a new Michael B 3 stone ring.

here''s a pic:

michaelbpearsides.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2007 5:58:17 PM
there is one more that I didn''t try on b/c pearlmans didn''t have it yet but it''s a new Michael B 3 stone ring.
Oooooh. Me likey!!!
12.gif
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2007 6:13:07 PM
Author: decodelighted

Oooooh. Me likey!!!
12.gif
1.gif
Oooh, me too!!!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2007 6:15:21 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 3/23/2007 6:13:07 PM
Author: decodelighted

Oooooh. Me likey!!!
12.gif
1.gif
Oooh, me too!!!
Me three!! Yummy!
30.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Me four!!!! That is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha deco, kaleigh, hlmr and Dani, me likey too. I''ve just got to figure out a way to see the setting. it''s so new most MB retailers don''t have it yet and the closet MB retailer to me is 3 hours drive to atlanta.

The one thing I''m not sure about is if I''d like the pear sides with the pave and paired with a pave wedding band. I don''t think I''ve ever seen it, all the pear side e-rings are paired with blingy eternity bands so my head is stuck on that look.
of course I don''t think MB makes an ugly ring but what do you ladies think, will the pave and pears and pave wedding band work?

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2007 10:59:04 PM
Author: Kaleigh
For me it''s between the Gumuchian and the Beaudry. The profile of the Gumuchian is sooo lovely and pretty.

I love love love the Gumuchian setting- it''s a gorgeous ring - it seems so simple, but unique, but classic... I lurve it..

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of all those posted, I can''t decide between the Gumuchian and the Michael B!!! Both are stunning. I wish we could see a side profile of the MB!

I cannot wait to see your gorgeous stone finally set!
30.gif
I''m sure you''ll choose something exquisite.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the A Jaffe. Your stone looks HUGE!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck mrs s!! they are all beautiful :) I like the gru(sp?) and the last one I think michaelB? oh gosh.... anyway those two LOL I think the pave band with it would look fantastic!!! Definitely try it first though!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2007 9:27:39 PM
ha deco, kaleigh, hlmr and Dani, me likey too. I've just got to figure out a way to see the setting. it's so new most MB retailers don't have it yet and the closet MB retailer to me is 3 hours drive to atlanta.

The one thing I'm not sure about is if I'd like the pear sides with the pave and paired with a pave wedding band. I don't think I've ever seen it, all the pear side e-rings are paired with blingy eternity bands so my head is stuck on that look.
of course I don't think MB makes an ugly ring but what do you ladies think, will the pave and pears and pave wedding band work?

I think it would look beautiful, MrsS... that Michael B setting is exquisite...I really have never seen anything like it...but, I too would also love to see it in person, and on your finger. Also, I am wondering if you love the actual band on that ring- is it fishtail? I remember your post awhile ago about how you prefer bead set pave over fishtail, but in this case the fishtail might look really pretty and you may need it b/c it looks more substantial than the bead set, and compared to the rest of that ring, it may just look more balanced that way, ya know?

When you were at Pearlman's, did you get a chance to look at other designer's 3 stone settings? For instance, I LOVE Sasha Primak's designs...they make such gorgeous stuff, especially 3 stone rings....When my bridesmaids and I went to try on dresses a few wks ago, the woman that was helping us had the most AMAZING w-set...she had a cushion ( I am guessing around 3 cts, with sidestones ( I think bullets or shields)...then she had that stacked with like 3 pave bands on either side, it was just beautiful!! I was admiring it from afar, but of course my one gf asked her about it!!! She told her her setting was made by Primak (love his stuff), and that her husband works for Michael C Fina in NYC- I was like, "lucky girl!!!" They have beautiful stuff in there.
30.gif

Anyway, point being, maybe you need to get to Pearlmans (although I know you're far) or wherever again and shop around a little more...you've waited for so long now, you want to be 110% on this.......I cant wait to see what you choose!!!
2.gif

ps- I like the Gumuchian you posted, but I am not crazy about the side profile, that's just my $.02.....I am surprised you didnt like the Ritani 3 stone...I had bets that you would choose that in the end...but I can TOTALLY understand just wanting MORE BLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2.gif
I know this is so hard- I am going through this now too- but just think, it will be worth it in the end!!!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2007 11:13:26 PM
Author: Sundial
Once you''ve had a three stone ring there''s no going back to a plain old solitaire!
2.gif
Of course I might be biased, but as someone who wore a solitaire for years and then upgraded to a three stone ring I really love the look of those sparkling diamonds spreading across the finger!!!
I gotta say I agree. I NEVER thought I was a 3-stone person, but the difference in the sparkle when I added two stones? AMAZING.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2007 9:27:39 PM
... me likey too. I've just got to figure out a way to see the setting. it's so new most MB retailers don't have it yet and the closet MB retailer to me is 3 hours drive to atlanta.

The one thing I'm not sure about is if I'd like the pear sides with the pave and paired with a pave wedding band. I don't think I've ever seen it, all the pear side e-rings are paired with blingy eternity bands so my head is stuck on that look.
of course I don't think MB makes an ugly ring but what do you ladies think, will the pave and pears and pave wedding band work?
The MB does look beautiful as well, but as another indecisive buyer, I too would definitely want to see it in person before deciding. Or at least one similar enough to answer your concern about the pave next to the pear etc. I know for myself, I love the look of pave in pictures and in the right lighting, but in other lighting, it doesn't always appeal to me as much as the more blingy prong-set, which is why I want prong-set for my new setting. But if the MB wedding band matches the shank of the MB e-ring, it should look nice, I would think!

Either I dreamed it or you edited it, but I thought last night when I last checked this thread you said something about being the slowest to decide about your setting, and I was going to reply that I might beat you on that one! Don't know when you started yours, but I'm in the same boat; taking longer than planned, but aside from indecisiveness, it's been interrupted by too many demands on my time, particularly last year. So anyway, I know how you feel, but in the end when we get the pretty ring on our hands it'll be worth it! And I'm like you in that I need to see things IRL to really know. In fact I wish I could wear each candidate for a week on my hand, sized correctly, before deciding!
3.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
OFG- I didn''t edit it, it''s over on page one b/c I think I am the slowest. I''ve had my stone since last july
7.gif

So, I showed all the settings to hubby this morning and he didn''t really like any of them. the only one that he kinda liked was the Michael b with the pears but that was just ok for him. His favorite setting is the Michael b solitaire. He''s just not a fan of 3 stones, he likes the center to get all the attention and feels the sides detract from the center. he said it''s like parking a ford focus on either side of a Lexus
20.gif
. Of course, he''s seen none of these in person which can really make a difference. I may just have to make a trip to atlanta with him to see the MB in person and so he can see some of these other styles.

oh and OFG, i hear ya on the pave. I love it in pics and even in person but love the bling of the shared prong rings too..

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2007 9:43:45 AM
So, I showed all the settings to hubby this morning and he didn't really like any of them. the only one that he kinda liked was the Michael b with the pears but that was just ok for him. His favorite setting is the Michael b solitaire. He's just not a fan of 3 stones, he likes the center to get all the attention and feels the sides detract from the center. he said it's like parking a ford focus on either side of a Lexus
20.gif
. Of course, he's seen none of these in person which can really make a difference. I may just have to make a trip to atlanta with him to see the MB in person and so he can see some of these other styles.

I know what you mean about the hubby. My DH's taste in these things doesn't always correspond to mine either, but luckily if I love it I think he will too. I think if your hubby sees things in person he will warm up to them, although he might be like many men who do seem to like the solitaire look for some reason.

OFG- I didn't edit it, it's over on page one b/c I think I am the slowest. I've had my stone since last july
7.gif
Well, I'm totally embarrassed to admit it, but if it makes you feel any better, I am WAY slower than you! I've had my diamond since I got engaged, late 2002, couldn't find satisfactory wedding set during engagement so went with temp. solitaire setting. Second anniversary DH gave me IOU for new setting - mind you that was almost 2 years ago! Spent what little time I could find in between house-hunting etc.. looking in vain for a setting that matched my WB. Finally in late summer 2005 [It was around that time I came to PS.] decided on a little antique ring to go with my WB, so now I can just get any setting, in white, for my e-diamond. Didn't have time work on it (late that year taking care of elderly relative w/ broken wrist among other things) until Feb., 2006 - so in a sense you could say I started looking early last year! So even counting from then I'm slower than you.
20.gif
I at least decided on the 5-stone prong-set look by July- which is huge progress for me!
3.gif
- in my brief snatches of time I had to work on it. Then after other life events really put it on hold, I finally am starting it up again this past week or two. So anyway, I think I might get into the Guinness Book of World Records for slowest to reset a diamond!!!
(although unlike folks who change their setting with the way the wind blows, this has to be the right one, at least for a long, long time, probably forever.)

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I like the Jaffe. I also like the Memoire, but I''m not to be trusted because it reminds me of my new set
2.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
mrssalvo, any decisions yet?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2007 11:33:56 AM
Author: old-fashioned girl

(although unlike folks who change their setting with the way the wind blows, this has to be the right one, at least for a long, long time, probably forever.)
which came first, the chicken or the egg? are you taking a long time to choose because it has to last or does it have to last because you''re taking so long to choose (and don''t want to go through this again LOL!!!)

So yes, I''d like to hear what mrs s is thinking these days, but you too.... :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

That gumuchian looks AMAZING from the side!! Oh WOW. You''re absolutely right about the pic on the site. I also like that one best with your wedding band. Beautiful choices though! Can''t wait to see what you pick!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results