shape
carat
color
clarity

Seriously?

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Why not? They're irradiated,and although the commercial doesn't mention anything their website clearly says the diamonds are treated to create the color. Pricescopers are obviously not the market for these, but I think other consumers might enjoy them. A friend actually asked me about these the other day because she thought they looked cool, but she wanted to know what they had done to the diamonds.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Alistra|1391292073|3605953 said:
Why not? They're irradiated,and although the commercial doesn't mention anything their website clearly says the diamonds are treated to create the color. Pricescopers are obviously not the market for these, but I think other consumers might enjoy them. A friend actually asked me about these the other day because she thought they looked cool, but she wanted to know what they had done to the diamonds.

I don't think that it's fair to say that Pricescoper's are obviously not in the market for these. Just because they wouldn't appeal to many of us, doesn't mean that no one here would have interest in them. I'm sure that they have their place in the market. Personally, I have no interest in Kay, just as I have no interest in treated stones, but I'm sure that they appeal to some folks :)

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
momhappy|1391296006|3605997 said:
Alistra|1391292073|3605953 said:

I don't think that it's fair to say that Pricescoper's are obviously not in the market for these. Just because they wouldn't appeal to many of us, doesn't mean that no one here would have interest in them. I'm sure that they have their place in the market. Personally, I have no interest in Kay, just as I have no interest in treated stones, but I'm sure that they appeal to some folks :)

Ok, how about many Pricescopers would probably not like these, but I believe there is a place in the market for irradiated stones. As long as treatments are disclosed to buyers I don't see the harm. I don't care for them myself, but I wouldn't judge people who do. Like I said my friend was interested. We just have different taste, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
momhappy|1391296006|3605997 said:
I don't think that it's fair to say that Pricescoper's are obviously not in the market for these.
I like them and would consider buying some just not a kay's prices.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I have had 2 irradiated blue diamonds for almost 10 yrs now. One is 1.45ctw and the other is 1.55 cwt. If the diamond, which is not usually the best, has the mineral boron, which gives any diamonds the blue color, irradiation will turn the diamond a blue color. The blue color varies and I have seen a beautiful light blue, very clear diamond that was 1 ct, and the asking price was 20,000.

Who can afford a blue diamond? almost no-one. So like many treatments, you can take your choice. I can accept treatments.

Anyone who knows anything about colored diamonds would know they were not untreated diamonds. If its not your cup of tea, its not.

Annette

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results