shape
carat
color
clarity

Sentimentality and upgrades: which element matters to you?

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Re: Sentimentality and upgrades: which element matters to yo

I am in the sentimental camp. DH is even more sentimental than I am. In fact, when we were engaged he said, my e-ring was forever my e-ring and that he would buy me a diamond for every other finger and that I could buy as many other bigger diamonds as I wanted, but never as my e-ring. I think it is time to remind him of that. . . :naughty: :naughty:

diva rose

Shiny_Rock

I am sentimental to my ring however I am open to an upgrade. When I think upgrade - I think bigger and better rock. :cheeky:
I have a pear right now and would love a 2C asscher. DH loves it also - heehee.

However if I were to purchase another one - I'd still keep my ring and eventually give it to my daughter or daughter in law. Depends if we have a son or daughter.

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock

My preferences are for my own rings, and I don't think anyone else is right or wrong for keeping, upgrading, replacing etc.

Knowing it would sting my husband's heart if I ever mentioned getting a different diamond is enough to make me say I wouldn't consider it; he still makes comments about how the wedding band I wear is not the "one he put on my finger" because the company had sent the wrong one before the wedding and allowed me to use it for the ceremony while we waited on the right one (same exact style but with more diamonds). At the same time, I wouldn't mind something "bigger & better" if he ever got an itch to do so. Sometimes, I get a little green-eyed when I see flashier rings than mine. I wouldn't want to get rid of the diamond he gave though. It's a very lovely diamond, he put research and thought and love into picking it out on his own, and surprised me with it on one of the best days of my life.

I don't think he or I would mind changing the setting because it was relatively inexpensive without much thought other than he told the jeweler to set it as low as possible in white gold. It's very simple which I love, but I thought I would replace it with something similar but a little finer in the future. However, it has really grown on me, and I don't know that I would bother to change it anymore. I just love how the setting makes my cushion look like an oval and how the simple setting contrasts the intricate detail in my wedding band. I don't see anyone else with a set like mine. (Not that it's sooooo unique in the world of diamonds or even pricescope, just in my real life circle)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results