shape
carat
color
clarity

seeing ps rings in real life

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
this might be kinda strange, but i work with the public and see alot of people and i am nearly sure that i have seen in real life what is pictured on ps

one day i was working with a customer and recognized a ring that i saw in show me the ring. i was so tempted to ask if she was a fellow ps-er. i was wondering if this has happened to anyone else. it almost feels like we are a secret society or something.

please post your thoughts.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not exactly, but I live in an out of the way place! But you can be sure that at GTG''s that is how I recognized everyone! By their bling.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Actually, lol, I don''t see rings I recongize but I do see rings that make me go "dang if only I can take a picture to show everyone at PS"
31.gif

There was one woman in the pharmacy and her ring was...oh man hello lover. I have no idea how many cts (it was probably the biggest diamond I''ve ever seen on a hand in person) but it was beautiful. Kind of reminded me of surfgirl''s ring without all the beautiful detail that SG''s ring has.
30.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2008 9:45:43 PM
Author: fieryred33143
Actually, lol, I don''t see rings I recongize but I do see rings that make me go ''dang if only I can take a picture to show everyone at PS''
31.gif

Me, too, fiery! I see rings all the time that should be in our SMTR folder, but I can''t quite figure out how to ask someone to take a picture of their jewelry without scaring the heck out of them.

radiant--Where do you live? Maybe you have seen a few PSers, especially if you''re in a major city. I thought I saw a PSer once, but I recognized the face from her photos in BWW. I didn''t go up to her, though, because if it wasn''t her I would have felt awfully awkward.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
When I was shopping for an e-ring setting, my salesguy brought out a ring for me to look at and try on. When I saw it, I immediately recognized it as a PS''ers ring.. I was like "hey, I''ve seen that ring before!!" It was even more gorgeous in person than it is in the photos of it that have been posted here.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
I had a lady approach me one day in the Gap about my double stroller, and she and I were talking for a few minutes... she had a Coach bag I''m dying to find... Metallic Francine... and she had the biggest eternity band on I had ever seen. The RB''s in that thing must have been a carat EACH.

If I had been posting to PS back then... I think I would have told her she needs to come share that beauty! LOL!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2008 9:45:43 PM
Author: fieryred33143
Actually, lol, I don''t see rings I recongize but I do see rings that make me go ''dang if only I can take a picture to show everyone at PS''
31.gif

There was one woman in the pharmacy and her ring was...oh man hello lover. I have no idea how many cts (it was probably the biggest diamond I''ve ever seen on a hand in person) but it was beautiful. Kind of reminded me of surfgirl''s ring without all the beautiful detail that SG''s ring has.
30.gif

same here. in fact, just today i saw a GORGEOUS oec oh, bigger than 5 carats for sure on this lady who was serving us at a mom and pop cafe. seriously i was like, man! if i could only see it closer. and take pics. it''s a sickness.
40.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh, and on a funny side note --- when alj, KtIceRN and i went to this awesome killer bling jewelry store in houston, the young lady working there kinda cracked a joke after the 3 of us went gaga over all the jewels. she said something like, how do you all know each other? some kind of jewelry club? the three of us looked at each other and cracked up! why yes, actually.

i thought for sure she''d think we were all just bonkers, but she was the sweetest thing about it. let us fully indulge in all their sparklies.
31.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would freak out if I recognized someone by their ring! I always check out people''s jewelry.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tee Hee, I do to Marcy, especially if it is a gorgeous colored gemstone.

Linda

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never seen any I recognized, but when I took my Ering and studs in to be cleaned last, the gal waiting on me went on about how clean they were. (before cleaning) When she brought them back out, she said how nice my stuff was, and then asked me my name, and the look on her face was as if she were thinking about something. I thought that was kind of odd, because why would my name matter, unless she had possibly seen my stuff on here.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2008 9:12:03 AM
Author: Ellen
I''ve never seen any I recognized, but when I took my Ering and studs in to be cleaned last, the gal waiting on me went on about how clean they were. (before cleaning) When she brought them back out, she said how nice my stuff was, and then asked me my name, and the look on her face was as if she were thinking about something. I thought that was kind of odd, because why would my name matter, unless she had possibly seen my stuff on here.

hum. interesting + a little creepy. ha.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2008 10:19:58 AM
Author: jcrow

Date: 8/10/2008 9:12:03 AM
Author: Ellen
I've never seen any I recognized, but when I took my Ering and studs in to be cleaned last, the gal waiting on me went on about how clean they were. (before cleaning) When she brought them back out, she said how nice my stuff was, and then asked me my name, and the look on her face was as if she were thinking about something. I thought that was kind of odd, because why would my name matter, unless she had possibly seen my stuff on here.

hum. interesting + a little creepy. ha.
Yeah. lol But since she was being so nice, and complimentary, it diffused the creep factor a bit.
9.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I hope this doesn''t sound creepy, but whenever I''m in cities where I know there''s more PSers per capita than home (like Chicago), I will realize that I''m glancing at peoples'' rings to see if I recognize any. Not that I''d ever approach someone and be like "Hey, do you have pics of that on the internet?" haha.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes! Hahaha! I actually saw one the other day and I almost asked her if she was a certain PSer, because there is a certain PSer who lives in the same area that I do. But I don''t think it was the same PSer because I looked up her rings and they weren''t exactly the same. So funny!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I think it would be neat to see a fellow PS''er in real life. Or to have one recognize me by my ring. I would want them to say HI!

Would it bother any of you if someone stopped you, say in the mall, and said "are you so and so on PS?"
It would be fine by me!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/9/2008 11:58:04 PM
Author: jcrow
oh, and on a funny side note --- when alj, KtIceRN and i went to this awesome killer bling jewelry store in houston, the young lady working there kinda cracked a joke after the 3 of us went gaga over all the jewels. she said something like, how do you all know each other? some kind of jewelry club? the three of us looked at each other and cracked up! why yes, actually.

i thought for sure she''d think we were all just bonkers, but she was the sweetest thing about it. let us fully indulge in all their sparklies.
31.gif
I am still really mad I missed that!
What store were you in? I want to go play with bling!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2008 5:50:44 PM
Author: CrookedRock
I think it would be neat to see a fellow PS''er in real life. Or to have one recognize me by my ring. I would want them to say HI!

Would it bother any of you if someone stopped you, say in the mall, and said ''are you so and so on PS?''
It would be fine by me!
Nope, in fact, if any of you recognize me by my ring, feel free to come say hello!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/10/2008 7:01:40 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Would it bother any of you if someone stopped you, say in the mall, and said ''are you so and so on PS?''
It would be fine by me!
Nope, in fact, if any of you recognize me by my ring, feel free to come say hello!
Will do!!
1.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t mind at all if someone asked me, although I might feel a little exposed!
6.gif
But I would think it was awesome! And CR and Lauren, I KNOW I''d recognize your rings! They''re both so recognizable!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock

It would be fine by me!

No I wouldn''t mind. It would be fun! Usually if I see someone with jewelry I love I get into a conversation about it with them, then usually I can get a closer look and would be more comfortable asking them if they know about PS. That''s the game plan if I ever really think I have run into someone on PS.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have never posted my ring on here, but a few months ago I was pulling my insurance card out of my wallet at the pharmacy, and the pharmacist complemented my ring and asked a few questions that made me think she checked out this website. I''m always hoping that someone will notice my necklace and say "hey, that''s a WF halo bezel pendant." I''d feel like I found a friend. None of my friends are into jewelry.

stone_seeker

Shiny_Rock
I always wonder if people I know are on here....also would be funny to find out if my SO is also on here using the computer when I''m not watching...:)

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
For me it depends. If I''m in the mall or something then heck yeah come to me! We''ll be PS Buddies!! But if its someone at work, I''ll be mortified. I think I''ll make sure to keep saying over and over I only go on the site on the weekend not on company time
17.gif
and then make sure my boss, myself, and that person are never in the same room together ever
27.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think I have ever seen someone on here in real life, but there have been a couple threads describing stories where I would be in the exact same place one or 2 days later, that is kind of weird.

This fourm has tought me how to reconize brands of rings. When I see the rings in real life, I am shocked at how different they look. For example, I saw a ritani ring covered in micropave, which was beautiful. I don''t like rings with lots of micropave so much on photo. It is amazing to me that my opinion of a piece of jewelry can differ so much based on wheather I see it on photo or real life.

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
I was on the El the other day and I saw a GORGEOUS emerald cut with baguettes and matching wedding band. I made my FI check it out... I am SURE I have seen it on here as well! I didn''t want to scare her or anything - but I was pretty excited!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Haha. The other day when FI was at WORK he took a picture of a woman''s 2.5 carat diamond with his cell phone! He told her that I loved diamonds and she totally didn''t mind him taking a picture for me...I would so be weirded out if he did that to me
23.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
haha....I do that all the time! Seriously. In fact, there's a girl at my work with an unbelievable ring and sometimes I wonder if she's on PS.

Although I should mention, Keepingthefaith and I are old High School classmates, and we had lost touch with each other. Then she recognized me by name and location on PS and asked me about it on MySpace! We've been the greatest of friends ever since!! It's amazing how jewelry can bring people together.
31.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2008 7:01:40 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

It would be fine by me!
hehe I feel the same way, please say hi
35.gif
9.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I would be flattered beyond belief if someone actually came up to me and said, "Hey, aren''t you Dee Jay from PS?" IRL! I know there are a couple of PSers who live close to me, some of whom I''ve met through various GTGs, but I really would be just so happy to meet another PSer like that!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results