shape
carat
color
clarity

Russian Prof predicts civil war in the US next yr resulting in collapse and disintegretion of US

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
what an idiot that dude is but he is right a civil war in the next couple years is a very real possibility but his map is way off.
Alaska going to Russia is a pipe dream will never happen.
Same for China.

Ky, Tenn, NC SC would never join up with the eastern states.
Mexico will never get Texas but trying for California and parts of NM and Arizona is possible.
Every state surrounding IL would have nothing to do with the state if they could.

It will be an internal war and any outside interference will be met with the utmost force.
The far more likely events is the big cities vs the rest of state on a state by state basis.

The trigger could very well be the collapse of one of the big 3 automakers.
The riots in the cities will burn there own then try and spread and be met with force effectively sealing off the cities.
Detroit would be first followed by Chicago and LA then several others.
Overreaction on the federal governments part will be the tipping stone that sets it off nationaly.
A power play by the UN will get it red hot.
What are the odds of it happening, I would say better than 25% at this point.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/30/2008 2:02:41 AM
Author: strmrdr
what an idiot that dude is but he is right a civil war in the next couple years is a very real possibility but his map is way off.
Same for China.

Mexico will never get Texas but trying for California and parts of NM and Arizona is possible.
Every state surrounding IL would have nothing to do with the state if they could.

It will be an internal war and any outside interference will be met with the utmost force.
The far more likely events is the big cities vs the rest of state on a state by state basis.

The riots in the cities will burn there own then try and spread and be met with force effectively sealing off the cities.
Overreaction on the federal governments part will be the tipping stone that sets it off nationaly.
Hey Karl...., thanks for the positive out-look
11.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not gonna happen for several reasons - mainly, too much money and property at stake. The federal government would activate all the reserves, bring back all the troops from overseas and quash a civil war in a New York second. Also, I don't think the American people have the solidarity it would take to start a civil war. There is too much economic and demographic division. People are too preoccupied with hating each other and competing with each other to join together for any cause.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/30/2008 7:47:24 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
Not gonna happen for several reasons - mainly, too much money and property at stake. The federal government would activate all the reserves, bring back all the troops from overseas and quash a civil war in a New York second. Also, I don't think the American people have the solidarity it would take to start a civil war. There is too much economic and demographic division. People are too preoccupied with hating each other and competing with each other to join together for any cause.

so glad you said this. i second the hating and competing. my take is it will happen if we continue that. we need to get cooperative, mannerly, fiscally responsible and working for the common good while being responsible for our selves. the 70's philosophy that everyone is special needs to go out the door and we need to treat each as we would like to be treated. this guy made a prediction, i am not sure it means a thing other than let's pass the intelligence test and make sure it doesn't.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
if Mexico gets CA.....the least they could do is bring back the siesta.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2008 6:27:57 AM
Author: DiaGem

Hey Karl...., thanks for the positive out-look
11.gif
LOL, that is exactly what I was thinking. Mara, I want the siesta too!
24.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/30/2008 2:02:41 AM
Author: strmrdr
Same for China.

And then the Michigan Militia will become involved and the entire state will be in a state of anarchy!
9.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2008 12:22:44 PM
Author: laurel25

And then the Michigan Militia will become involved and the entire state will be in a state of anarchy!
9.gif
They wont be too much of a factor they are to infiltrated by the feds and have way to many keyboard commandos.

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly... I see much of the US as too apathetic for civil unrest! It is possible? Maybe, but things would have to get REALLY bad.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2008 12:33:21 AM
Author::)
You have to read this to believe it. I thought it was a joke at first!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123051100709638419.html
Me too; in fact it sort of reminds me of Y2K, when people were stocking up food, batteries, etc (claiming the end of the world). I really don''t think this will happen in the next year; it will have to take many years before this happens.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2008 10:51:24 AM
Author: Mara

OMG Mara LOL - that would be sad, since I''m moving away - I''d hate to miss out on having a siesta
3.gif
2.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although I disagree with Carl''s timeline I do think that the US is primed for a fall and I hope not but possibly civil unrest.
I think it highly unlikely that the US will be divided ala carte style to other nations. for example other than Canada and Mexico we are separated by other countries by water (atlantic, pacific oceans), we still have the largest military in the world, and our citizens are armed. The way things are going people are more likely to want to emigrate from the US than immigrate in mass droves! which I suppose in context of this conversation should be seen as a mixed blessing.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess I should rephrase primed for a decline, fall is too harsh.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2008 10:51:24 AM
Author: Mara
9.gif

TX is basically North Mexico at this point, and I''m holding thumbs that the siesta takes root here!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2008 12:30:24 PM
Author: jsm
Honestly... I see much of the US as too apathetic for civil unrest! It is possible? Maybe, but things would have to get REALLY bad.
That''s the thing. Apathy will not get a couch potato off his/her bum to organize squat. Which is why we won''t have to worry about a civil war.

But we might be kept awake at night if we realized just how much of ''America'' belongs to foreign interests. When those ''outside'' of the U.S. finally own or control all of our major companies, our utilities, our trade, our debt, etc., then we can turn to our leaders in Washington and salute them as we kiss our country goodbye.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm... when you put it that way, siestas do sound good...!

Although I do think the US is going to have an eventual decline (how much I can''t say but certainly not to 3rd world status!), I like to think it would not involve a civil war (and certainly I do not believe that other countries would be in a position to divvy up the US). With regards to rioting, I think we have weathered many riots over the years (Vietnam, etc) without a civil war as the result, and would like to think that we would never be barbaric enough to degrade to an out and out war with ourselves. I would hope that our sense of patriotism and pride would shine through (and help us find a cohesiveness) in such a situation. If we really think that the US will totally collapse then we should be moving our personal $ into Yen, Euros, and gold.

One of the things that made me sad to read that story was the clear hatred of the Russian professor for the US.
Those links about Mexico that Storm posted were very interesting!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
12/30/2008 12:33:21 AM
Author: :)

You have to read this to believe it. I thought it was a joke at first!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123051100709638419.html

When I read the discussion of the article, I didn't know the article was going to be so specific. (I read the article after reading the entire thread.) I am glad that my part of the country will be part of the European Union. At least I am familiar with it.

Deborah
34.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think there has been such an emphasis on multiculturalism in the last few years that there aren''t all that many patriotic Americans anymore. I think we will be in trouble the next time there is a large scale war. Although I can''t imagine Mexico trying to take on the US. While I personally welcome those of other cultures (and have adopted a child from another country and culture), I do recall those first immigrants who had a great desire to learn our language and become American citizens. I don''t think you see that so much anymore. We are in an individualistic, self-centered society.

I have a feeling that Karl may have hit on the reason that Detroit is being bailed out. There might be a higher cost if they didn''t.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results