shape
carat
color
clarity

Rose Cuts or French Cuts??

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I just posted over in rocky talk in regards to this subject, but I feel like I'm more likely to get opinions over here, so here goes...

Help me choose: rose cuts for a 5 stone, or french cuts for an eternity band. I love both, but I need to decide, like, now! I PayPal'd JbEG for 5 oval rose cuts--1.72ctw, from Grace's personal stash. They. Are. Fabulous.
http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.com/Jewelry/Loose-Diamonds/172ct-Rose-Cut-Diamond-Parcel/22569963_cTVzSj

But of course after I paid, I saw the .85ctw French cut parcel. Now I am wondering if a French cut eternity band is the ticket? They are both beautiful, so I feel like there really isn't a "wrong" choice, but what would you do?

They are about the same price, and I would get a lot more for the money with the rose cuts, but I am having a hard time envisioning the perfect setting, and I know exactly what I would do with the frenchies--a channel-set eternity band with milgrain and antique leaf-pattern engraving on the sides...

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think you can make a bad decision... both are equally beautiful...

That parcel of French Cuts :love: ... are to die for.. but the pictures Grace sent you of the five rose cuts...also stunning :lickout: .. but a a different look..

The five stone to me.. more of a right hand ring... and I liked your idea of a plain band..

With those beautiful French cuts you could make an eternity ring.. that would be a beautiful wedding band.. or RHR... either...

No decision will be bad...

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your response, Mayk! I emailed Grace, and the frenchies are already spoken for anyways, so my decision has been made! I can always get the frenchies later... It's motivation to work hard to get a nice bonus at work!!!

Now I need to find the perfect setting for those rose cuts!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG those girls are on fire! Have you noticed all the SOLD or HOLD sings on their listings!!!

I can't wait to see what you do! It's going to be beautiful!!?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
You were lucky you moved quickly no matter what! The rose cut will be gorgeous once you find the right setting. Hope that's soon. I'm excited for you!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
heraanderson|1335644286|3183075 said:
I vote french cuts!

I definitely see some frenchies in my future, but these are already gone. Grace said she is going to pick some up in NYC, so we will have some eye candy soon! :lickout:

Hera

Ideal_Rock
tuffyluvr|1335651216|3183134 said:
heraanderson|1335644286|3183075 said:
I vote french cuts!

I definitely see some frenchies in my future, but these are already gone. Grace said she is going to pick some up in NYC, so we will have some eye candy soon! :lickout:

Sorry, I didn't read the responses close enough. The rose cuts will be amazing, too and they'll have great finger presence. Don't forget pics! :love:

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi|1335644970|3183080 said:
You were lucky you moved quickly no matter what! The rose cut will be gorgeous once you find the right setting. Hope that's soon. I'm excited for you!

I know!!! They are totally on fire, as Mayk said! When Grace told me that they were from her personal stash I figured that I should go for it, even if they weren't exactly what I was looking for. Hopefully I'll have them in my hot little hands by the end of the week!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
You will LOVE the rose cuts! I just got one of their Phoebe rose cut bezel set rings and it is mesmerizing!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
thing2of2|1335816785|3184199 said:
You will LOVE the rose cuts! I just got one of their Phoebe rose cut bezel set rings and it is mesmerizing!

The phoebe bezel with rose cut--yours and another posted here in the past few months (tho I can't remember who it belonged to) was what inspired me to start looking at rose cuts!!! :lickout:

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the rose cuts and I see in your other thread that you bought them. Congrats! It seems like a lot of metal around the Jbeg ring that somehow takes away from the diamonds. I would also be tempted to set them E-W for a 1/2-3/4 eternity setting.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
chel180|1335861674|3184636 said:
I love the rose cuts and I see in your other thread that you bought them. Congrats! It seems like a lot of metal around the Jbeg ring that somehow takes away from the diamonds. I would also be tempted to set them E-W for a 1/2-3/4 eternity setting.

I thought the same thing about the JbEG setting--I love the idea of bezels, but I would like less metal and a lower setting. Also, from the side I don't like that some of the stones seem to sit below the bezel. I actually have thought about doing an eternity band--if they were turned E-W they would go about 2/3-3/4 of the way around my finger. I'll just have to see how they sit. Will have to see them in person and see how they fit my hand--luckily I have a 6.5-6.75 finger, so Ive got a decent amount of space! But there is always the option of using the 4 smaller stones for either a 4 stone, or pick up 4 more stones and doing an eternity band, then sell the larger stone, or set it in a pendant. The other option is a 3 stone ring and save 2 smaller stones for earrings. I can't wait to see them in person!!!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
UPS delivered them today! I tore the box open like a voracious animal to take a look before I left for work. They're so pretty!!! I can't wait to take pictures to show 'em off to all the PS'ers. No one else in my life cares!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
WE CARE Tuffyluvr, WE CARE!!! get that camera out... start the snappin'!!

I'm so glad you are happy with the collection you purchased! have you narrowed down your setting ideas yet? you are getting a lot of fantastic suggestions! I think I'd like to have one of each, don't you??

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi|1336168495|3187784 said:
WE CARE Tuffyluvr, WE CARE!!! get that camera out... start the snappin'!!

I'm so glad you are happy with the collection you purchased! have you narrowed down your setting ideas yet? you are getting a lot of fantastic suggestions! I think I'd like to have one of each, don't you??

So glad I have people to share with! I have shown the pictures to a few people and they're, like, "uh huh, pretty. What's a rose cut?" still not sure about setting. Still looking around...

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yeah, we care for sure!! Looking forward to seeing them! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results