shape
carat
color
clarity

Right here all along...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
My husband and I got a nice break to go to lunch without the kiddies today (very rare since I am still nursing) so we went to our favorite French restaurant for brunch in downtown Chicago, which is about 30 minutes away from me. I used to live there before we got married and had kids. I walked down Oak street 1000 times and just drooled looking in the windows of the jewelry stores but this time we went inside the Graff store. As is usually the case in these high end places, there were no other customers and a few salespeople with not much to do.

So, they let me try on a couple of things. First was a three stone ring with a 3 carat center stone and then another with about a 2.5 carat center stone. These were gorgeous but I wasn''t drooling too much over them. On the way out, I asked if I could try on a cushion cut ring I had seen. It was about 3 carats. I am not sure what you call the mounting. I know all of you experts would know for sure. I think it might be called a cathedral? It had diamonds on the top all the way up each side. All I can say is OMG!!!! I tried all on those 4, 5 and 6 cut emerald cuts in Palm Beach but this thing blew me out of the water.

How can you judge the cut on a cushion? Can anyone tell me? I can''t believe this place was in my own city all this time. I wish I had a picture I could share with you guys. I always think of you while I am trying on. Do you guys do that too? lol

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don''t know much about cushions but for the fancies and esp the old fancies, eyes are so important! so if you love it and it performs, then it sounds lovely!!

lol re: the whole thinking of PS''ers when trying on other stuff, i TOTALLY do that too, esp when i see something that i know a PS''er would like..i''m like OH HEY that is like so and so''s ring or HEY that looks like what so and so wants! too funny.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I guess it is also because people that I know around here don''t care about diamonds like I do and when I try on something spectacular, I have to tell SOMEONE who understands the thrill of it all.

I gotta go back and see that ring again. Luckily, my dress is getting altered and I have to go downtown to pick it up tomorrow. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results