shape
carat
color
clarity

Restoring dyed leather

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I came across a used Valentino wallet on Ebay, and had it authenticated. The colour of the leather has darkened quite a bit from use though. It was pretty cheap, so I bought it anyway. Any leather experts out there who might know if it's possible to restore this piece to it's former glory?? I think the leather just needs to be cleaned? But I'm not sure how, and I don't want to touch it without advice from someone more knowledgeable! It's about two and a half years old. Pics attached:

walletworndye1.jpg

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Shannon Lush is an Australian cleaning expert who has come to fame through using all manner of interesting and old-fashioned ingredients, such as bicarb soda, vinegar (a favourite combination), white spirits and talcum powder, old stockings filled with wheatgerm and vinegar, etc...

These are a couple of question / answers that I got from Google when I typed in ''Shannon Lush leather cleaner''

Q. How do you remove lemon grass oil stain from red leather shoes?

Wipe over with white spirits and leave for 20 minutes. Then wipe over with white spirits again and sprinkle with talcum powder. If the colour has come out you can get shoe cream from a local bootmaker to touch up the colour.

Q. How do you remove grease stains from hot chips off a brown leather handbag which is made from soft raw leather?

Wipe it with white spirit and sprinkle it with talcum powder and leave until it''s completely dry. The talcum powder has to be all fluffy again before you wipe it off. If all of the grease isn''t all removed, then repeat. You must wait until the talcum is completely dry. This will also work with leather shoes.

How can I get sunscreen off a black leather car seat?

Put a few drops of dishwashing liquid on your finger tips and massage onto the spot. Leave the spot for a minute, then wipe off the dishwashing liquid with a damp cloth or pantyhose (pantyhose is best).

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could try baby wipes in an inconspicuous area to see if that gets the dirt off, I use them very carefully occasionally on my bags. Then if that helps apply a good leather polish to protect the leather. The thing is being pale colour leather P it might not come up all that evenly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results