shape
carat
color
clarity

really good Aussie film

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOOK BOTH WAYS, which i saw in toronto in september, must finally be getting a release to theatres....or at least dvd..... as npr ran a review of it on friday.

if you want to know more about the story plot line [i think they give away to much] see: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5355403

my husband also liked this film, but then he''s an aussie.....
28.gif

movie zombie

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Movie Zombie...my boyfriend is Australian so I will suggest it...he''s always happy to watch what his countrymen are putting out....

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
if he hasn''t already seen them:

THE MONKEY MASK , a murder mystery which was playing the film festival circuit in 2000-2001
and
LANTANA with geoffrey rush. i want the house he lives in in this film!!!!!

movie zombie

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
We both LOVED Lantana...we saw it in the Czech Republic when we met.

Thanks again!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
travel and good movies...perfect combo. doesn''t hurt that you meet someone you fall in love with either!

i''ll never forget the first time i saw BREAKING THE WAVES: i was in amsterdam and was totally blown away by the film.

did you meet at the theatre? my husband and i met at a film festival....however, it was the opening night party after the film!!!!

movie zombie

ps i hear there is good beer in the Czek Republic..... for some reason i''ve got an itch to travel to ''eastern europe''....perhaps its all the eastern film i''ve seen this year.....
face6.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
We met at a hostel in Cesky Krumlov. I actualy posted my story in the LIW forum pretty recently. Link

There is very good beer in the Czech Republic. Home of the original Bud (Budvar) and I assure you it''s much better than Budweiser. You can actually get it here in the states under the Czechvar name.

It was cheap when I went in 2003...we found plenty of places where we could buy beer for the equivalent of 25 U.S. cents. I am sure that will change in 2007 when the Czech Republic goes on the Euro...so I''d go before then if you could.

So your husband is Aussie...where do you both live now?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thanks MZ...and I am always on the lookout for a good flick.....can''t recall the last "Aussie" film I saw...maybe Muriel''s Wedding?

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, i have found the switch to the euro increased the prices of food, drink, lodging, etc. all over europe....sure the same will be true in eastern europe as well. but you''re right: should get to planning a trip! we''re in california, the santa cruz mountians. hubby is from perth, western australia.....some east coast aussies don''t consider western australia to be in australia at all....sort of like once you leave the east coast moving west you''ve dropped off the face of the earth. [some truth to the matter, imo, although i love the area down around Albany and Denmark.]

now that i know there is an ''audience'' [TG and CG, you now constitute an audience!] here at pricescope for australian film, i''ll post my findings here.

btw, i saw a Belgian/French film yesterday: L''Enfant. very very european and a lead character i had no empathy at all for but by the end i actually found myself feeling for this human being and having some hope for him. was Cannes Golden Palm award winner in 2005. but this film is going to be high on my list for 2006 film viewing.

movie zombie

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
My boyfriend is from Adelaide, so I think he recognizes both sides of Oz as valid. :)

I''ve always wanted to go to Perth...I think it''s the most isolated city in the world?

Definitely keep us posted on Aussie films...I''m happy to hear about them...thanks Movie Zombie!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results