shape
carat
color
clarity

Rarity of Jackets for Diamond Studs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I had a bit of time to kill before picking up my son from school, so I decided just for entertainment sake to go and try on a diamond jackets for my studs to see if the look is me or not. Low and behold, the guy at Kay jewelers shocked me by saying they didn''t have jackets and none of the other stores in the mall carry them. I sort of believed him - but we''re talking Kay Jewelers, so I thought it best to investigate another store. . At ben bridge the sales gal there said that in the 12 years she''s worked there, they''ve never carried them! So, possibly the Kay guy was right?

Are these just a PS phenomena or have any of you gals seen them in ''real life?''

The lack of popularity intriques me and it''d be nice to invest in a more unique item!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC,

I bought a pair years and years ago at Mervyns. I haven''t seen any since, but I haven''t looked either.

Linda

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I set out to find some for my studs over the summer. I did find a few pairs ready-made at the vendors on Wabash but I either didn''t like them or they weren''t the right size. Finally I found a pair at the the local gem show in August, but they were only one of two pairs that I found even there. It was a total fluke to find ones that fit my studs perfectly, and in an understated style that I liked (some of the ones I''d seen were really "prongy") so I snapped them up.

In real life I don''t know anyone else who has them, or else they are so convincingly integrated that I must thing they are simply a part of someones'' earrings as a whole.

Really, they make a total new pair of earrings. I wear my studs alone most of the time but when I do put on the jackets--KA POW! Ear blingage!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I think I saw some at the Jewelry Exchange (www.jewelryexchange.com) when I was having some studs reset. Are there any locations near you? I wasn''t in love with any of the styles they had, though. If you do a search on that site for "jackets" three styles should come up.

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
I had found a pair of jackets that I really loved at Ross Simmons online so I went to my local mall and they did have a few styles. They ones that I fell in LOVE with were 14k bezel''s
30.gif
30.gif
. Unfortunatly they were too small for my studs
14.gif
. I was soo bummed as they were only $100.
Anywho, I proceded to go to every other jeweley store in the mall (there are like ten of them) and nobody else had them, not even any diamond jackets. I know my jeweler (better quality of a store) does carry the diamond ones but I had never seen the bezels before so I''m thinking of asking if they can just order them or something.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I too have been looking for them... I think it''s because of the sizing issue... they almost have to be custom, I suppose.

brgirl

Shiny_Rock
Jared''s had them when we went, but not sure if that was only in a catalogue or not. I had convinced my now-husband to get me the Katie Holmes sapphire-halo earrings for my wedding present, so we were going everywhere to find some like that. We didn''t find any, so Jared''s showed us a book with pre-made items and the salesgirl suggested the jackets. I really don''t remember if they had them in store or not...Oh, and to complete the story - i didn''t get the ''Katies,'' but I did get another pair of blue earrings with a halo that I loved even more!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results