shape
carat
color
clarity

Random question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our bathroom tub faucet leaks. Has for..couple years anyway. Obvious leaks..it was leaking behind the wall for who knows how long. Anyway, it keeps getting worse and worse-the faucet has always been hard to turn on and off, and it won''t shut off completely. I just checked and I can fill 1c measuring cup in 1 minute. This seems like an extensive amount of water leakage, does it not? We live in town, so we have to pay for water. I''ve been practically hands on my knees begging/nagging for 2 years to get it fixed and been shot down the whole time.

I feel that I have only ultimatums and threats left. Is that wrong of me??

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Packie, I feel your pain. Sometimes, the "honey do" list just doesn''t get "honey done"! LOL!
2.gif

I would call a plumber. If/when your DH has the nerve to complain about the cost of the plumber, just remind him how long you''ve been waiting for HIM to take care of it, with no results!
20.gif

lulu

Ideal_Rock
This stuff drives me crazy. DH insists on having every tool ever made, but never uses them. Try this--tell him you''re going to do it yourself. Sometimes when they see you flailing around they step in to be the hero.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! The funny part..well, not really so funny, is that it''s my DAD who won''t help. JD wants to get it done, but has really not the knowledge my dad does..JD can do siding/roofing, construction like that, but not plumbing. We''ve talked once before that we might either have to just tell him-we''re starting it on X day, hope you can help, or start it ourselves and call and ask for advice and go from there. It''s a really old tub-it''s not fiberglass, it''s really heavy, so I dunno..maybe we''ll need to take a stupid sledge hammer to it!

It''s seriously to the point that the ceiling in JD''s bathroom downstairs caved in, and the paneling by the tub is ruined from mold. The linoleum is getting ruined. Dad said once "Well, who KNOWS what we''ll find when we get in there, we really need to come at this from the right angle" uh yeah, the right angle otherwise known as fix it before we need to do some massive renovation??

Yep, I do believe I need to take matters into my own hands and force the issue! How else will anything get done, right?
11.gif

Thanks for letting me vent!

rierie26

Shiny_Rock
Call a plumber. If your husband complains just let him know that since you''re paying for water and losing about a cup a minute, the plumber will pay for him/herself eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results