• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

Calliecake|1406597751|3722250 said:
missy|1406594556|3722214 said:
OMG, the poor sweet doggie. Am I the only one who is a bit distressed she left her dog for 2 years and the dog was so overwhelmed (with happiness) she fainted when her owner returned? I am sure the owner had no choice so I am not blaming her for leaving but I don't know. Something about this doesn't sit well with me. I feel for the poor dog for being without his mommy for 2 years and obviously it affected the dog very much. I cannot imagine how much she missed her owner.

Sorry I don't mean to be a downer and maybe I am interpreting the video all wrong. I am happy they are reunited and that Casey very obviously loves her mommy and her mommy loves her. I am glad they are back. And I hope the owner gets to stay with her now. :appl:

Hi Missy, The news story that I saw earlier stated the girl was a family member. Because she is young and the dog is 9 yrs old I assumed the dog really belonged to her parents and is the family dog. My dog doesn't faint but she gets excited like the dog in the video if I'm gone for an hour. I think a lot of small dogs act like that at least the ones I' have been around. I haven't seen large dogs get that excited.

I'm a wreck when I leave my dog for two days. I feel so sad when I hear about people in the military having to leave their animals when deployed. It's heartbreaking.

Oh I see now! That makes me feel much better LOL. I didn't get those details when I clicked onto the link. So the dog had her family with her just not the young woman. I get it lol. Sorry Callie and thank you for explaining! I'm a bit (that's being kind because more than a bit that is for sure) dense these days and probably overly sensitive to anything doing with animals in general on a good day. So you can imagine these days.

I also am still thinking of Kato (aka Barney) who as of yesterday has not found a good home. :(( I am giving it more time because I just cannot in good faith take another cat right now with me being so helpless for a long while. But it's tearing me apart. And well you know how my dh feels about this. I don't want to play the please sympathy card with him so I am really hoping the kitty finds a loving home. But if no loving home finds him soon I don't know what I will do...

Kelinas, my apologies for misunderstanding the video you linked. It is a sweet story now that I realize the young woman in the video was not the doggies primary caregiver! I am sorry I didn't get it and thank you for posting it!

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock

Hahaha it's okay Missy.
.just a little insight :
When my DH deployed to Iraq in 08, I had to go home due to my parents health. My in laws offered to keep our Jindo / Husky mix since they knew my mother was terrified of dogs.

We didn't see the dog for 12 months.

When we pulled into my in laws property...it was like a love scene.

Husband running towards the dog.
60 pound furry daughter running to the husband.

They both cried.
No kidding, my dogs eyes were drenched and she kept trying to climb on DH. The cries were very sad.

By the time she realized I was there, she was over it.
LOL

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kelinas|1406638493|3722471 said:
Hahaha it's okay Missy.
.just a little insight :
When my DH deployed to Iraq in 08, I had to go home due to my parents health. My in laws offered to keep our Jindo / Husky mix since they knew my mother was terrified of dogs.

We didn't see the dog for 12 months.

When we pulled into my in laws property...it was like a love scene.

Husband running towards the dog.
60 pound furry daughter running to the husband.

They both cried.
No kidding, my dogs eyes were drenched and she kept trying to climb on DH. The cries were very sad.

By the time she realized I was there, she was over it.
LOL

Awww, thank you Kelinas for sharing that with me. Very sweet and touching. It can be heartbreaking because we cannot explain to our furbabies why we have to leave but as you say once we return and the homecoming lovefest is complete they are over it and back to business as usual. Haha, love that. :appl:

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock

Yea she never really got over it.
She has a little bit of separation anxiety when it comes to DH.
Not too bad. Plus, it's a breed trait - Jindos are notorious for being "one master dogs", which is why it aggravates me to see so many Jins in the shelter.
Not related, but most reputable rescues will not allow people / families to adopt a rescue jindo unless they have had experience with one already. And I can't blame them - I wouldn't recommend the breed for first time owners.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Apologies in advance for the pic overload, but someone did ask for more kitty pics and being a real cat lady, I'm always happy to oblige.

My two kitties are a mama and son. The mama was found in a street market as a stray and was brought to a cat shelter/volunteer's home, where she gave birth to a litter of kittens, including the youngest, a mischievous ginger orange boy. Three of his sisters are still living in Hong Kong, while the other sister is now living in Norfolk, England.

Baby pics:
946240_10101017098119015_1543081255_n.jpg
943384_10101017098089075_1711055174_n.jpg

My MIL is a felt artist on Etsy. She made this crazy cat lady bag for me two Christmases ago. That same Christmas, my SIL sent us this reindeer hat which was not well received.
282989_10100815652462725_748776202_n.jpg
74629_10100843258614775_1062944630_n.jpg
1857_10100914886317285_270618972_n.jpg

They used to be rather svelte kitties.
168073_857466063975_3935859_n.jpg
150833_835147540475_6427326_n.jpg

Now they're nicely rounded cushiony and pear shaped.
168707_854883419615_6019741_n.jpg
59361_803846632745_480242_n.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kelinas|1406639422|3722481 said:
Yea she never really got over it.
She has a little bit of separation anxiety when it comes to DH.
Not too bad. Plus, it's a breed trait - Jindos are notorious for being "one master dogs", which is why it aggravates me to see so many Jins in the shelter.
Not related, but most reputable rescues will not allow people / families to adopt a rescue jindo unless they have had experience with one already. And I can't blame them - I wouldn't recommend the breed for first time owners.

Kelinas, I didn't know that about the Jindo breed. It makes me sad thinking about all the animals that need loving homes. Thanks for the info and here's hoping for a day not too far in the future where all the animals get the loving families and homes they so desperately need.

Mochiko, ooh such sweetness!!! Please post as many pictures as you want. We love seeing them. The more the better!!! :appl:
LOL Love the reindeer hat. :cheeky:

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock

OMGGGGGGGG
THE REINDEER ANTLERS.

❤❤❤

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Hey All,

So I wanted to tell the story of our puppy. :D My kids went to the park this summer and this pup followed them home. I'm sure there was a lot of encouraging by the kids. ;-) Well, I wasn't keen on a dog, so pup got some water and he slept under the carport. After a few hours, we did a few errands, I decided that it was time to bring pup back to the park. I loaded him into the car, drove back to the park and let him out, he ambled slowly to the bushes and that was it....so I thought. Fast forward a few hours and pup is at my house again! We don't live that close to the park (kids usually ride their bikes), there are several turns, so I was surprised. I loaded him back into the car and went to the vet to see if he was chipped. Sadly (or not) he was not chipped, and the vet estimated his age between a year and 1.5 years. So we went home, bought food, and we now have a dog.
Now I did do my due dilligence for the former owners of this pup, I submitted found reports with the Humane Society and Animal Control, messages on Craigslist and on the animal facebook page. According to the people at the Humane society after 10 days he was ours...we've had him for almost a month now. :D

10533900_10202829314187946_902532180588804361_n.jpg

This is how he looked when we first got him. He's had a haircut, neutered, and all his shots. He's a huge love! He has never had an accident, only just barely started barking, he's awesome. :D The vets (we've visited 3 total, all searched for a chip) think he's some type of terrier/corgi mix. We also think he's part border collie because of his intelligence and coloring.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I just typed a long saga about how my Newfoundland, Griffin, jumps onto furniture during thunderstorms. Then it got eaten by Pricescope. I am so annoyed! So I am just posting two photos without any story. I thought I had made the story very interesting, too. (I am really feeling sulky and annoyed and sorry for myself...but I had a hideous day. I should be glad I am not one of the people on Pricescope who just had surgery or is about to undergo surgery!)

Deb/AGBF
:wavey:

_20831.jpg

july2014griffinc.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF|1406681870|3722853 said:
I just typed a long saga about how my Newfoundland, Griffin, jumps onto furniture during thunderstorms. Then it got eaten by Pricescope. I am so annoyed! So I am just posting two photos without any story. I thought I had made the story very interesting, too. (I am really feeling sulky and annoyed and sorry for myself...but I had a hideous day. I should be glad I am not one of the people on Pricescope who just had surgery or is about to undergo surgery!)

Deb/AGBF

First of all Deb, big (((HUGS)))! I am so sorry you had an awful day and I hope today is a 180 degree change from yesterday!!!

Second of all, OMG your daughter is gorgeous!!! Truly beautiful and I am sure she is just as beautiful on the inside with you as her mom. :appl:
And well, you know I think Griffin is the cat's meow...so to speak LOL. :bigsmile: He is a very handsome dog. He has presence that is for sure!

Thank you for sharing and I am sorry PS ate your original post. I hate it when that happens because as you know my posts can be quite long (as I tend towards stream of consciousness haha) and when they get lost it is too exhausting to reproduce much of the time. Thank you for reposting the pics!

Cozystitches, thank you for sharing the story and pic of your sweet puppy! Lovely heartwarming story and it makes me so happy to read how you made him part of your warm and loving home. :appl:

Polished

Brilliant_Rock

Oh AGBF I'm missing your story too about how your gorgeous dog jumps on furniture when there is a thunderstorm because that's exactly what our rescue Golden Retriever does when there is a loud storm. He never does it at any other time.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Polished|1406722524|3723040 said:
Oh AGBF I'm missing your story too about how your gorgeous dog jumps on furniture when there is a thunderstorm because that's exactly what our rescue Golden Retriever does when there is a loud storm. He never does it at any other time.

Hi, Polished! I didn't know that this was a common dog reaction to storms! Thank you for sharing that. I wanted to let you know, if you do not already know about it, about the golden retriever forum (goldenretrieverforum.com) that I belong to. It is a wonderful forum with great people and discussions. Are you aware of it? Do you already belong to it? Please let me know!!!

Hugs,
Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy|1406721155|3723031 said:
Thank you for sharing and I am sorry PS ate your original post. I hate it when that happens because as you know my posts can be quite long (as I tend towards stream of consciousness haha) and when they get lost it is too exhausting to reproduce much of the time. Thank you for reposting the pics!

missy-

Thank you for the compliments on my daughter and Griffin. I always say the same thing about my daughter's looks: she is, indeed, physically beautiful. Since she was adopted (from Colombia) and I have no responsibility for her physical appearance, it does not behoove me to act as if I had any part in causing that beauty!

It is annoying to write a long essay into which you put a lot of time and thought and then to have it disappear. That is one thing I truly hate about computers. They can destroy your work in so many ways!

Thanks for everything, friend!

Hugs,
Deb

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF|1406736803|3723133 said:
missy|1406721155|3723031 said:

missy-

Thank you for the compliments on my daughter and Griffin. I always say the same thing about my daughter's looks: she is, indeed, physically beautiful. Since she was adopted (from Colombia) and I have no responsibility for her physical appearance, it does not behoove me to act as if I had any part in causing that beauty!

It is annoying to write a long essay into which you put a lot of time and thought and then to have it disappear. That is one thing I truly hate about computers. They can destroy your work in so many ways!

Thanks for everything, friend!

Hugs,
Deb

Dear Deb, your daughter is so very lucky to have you in her life. Hugs to you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am so excited and happy right now and that is no small task these days. I just received an email from the lovely woman who took Blu who some of you may remember is a feral cat my dh and I rescued in the months just prior to the Sandy hurricane that devastated our area. Anyway she sent a pic of Blu who is doing so well almost 2 years since his rescue. So happy!!!!! :appl:

Blu is the spotted kitty on the right. :love:

blujuly2014saratogahorsefarm.jpg

Polished

Brilliant_Rock

AGBF|1406734505|3723121 said:
I didn't know that this was a common dog reaction to storms!

I don't know about that Deb - it might just be Mr Tyson the Retriever and your Newfoundland. Lol. Thank you very much for the link to the Golden Retriver forum - Tyson does have some issues that would be great to consult others on. Once during a thunderstorm, when we were at the Coast (bad storms there) he managed to open a window with his snout, break the flyscreen, jump three metres to the ground and he then took off into the night. We fortunately found him a few streets away. We only realised he was able to open windows when we shut the window (thinking we must have left it open the previous night) only to find that he did the same thing again the next night - it's a wonder there were no broken bones. He is a very lithe animal almost cheetah like with a flexible backbone. This time we weren't so lucky though and we couldn't find him all night. The next day I was driving around looking for him when I saw a woman walking down the road with a Golden Retriever on a lead. Sure enough it was our boy who was lucky enough to have encountered a dog lover (she'd fed him and given him a drink) on his nocturnal ramblings. He hasn't tried this one again though, I think the all nighter had fair put the wind up him. Leaping onto furniture is at least a safer option when the adrenelin kicks in during a bad thunderstorm.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF|1406681870|3722853 said:

Deb/AGBF

I truly enjoy this thread--for obvious reasons. Thanks for continuing to post gorgeous photos of your family! (Griffin's paws--- :love: :love: )

cheers--Sharon

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yay more pics!

OMG the orange cat w/the :shock: eyes hahahahaha love love love. In the sack about killed me.

AGBF, I don't think I've ever seen a picture of your daughter before-she is stunning.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

packrat|1406831356|3723873 said:
AGBF, I don't think I've ever seen a picture of your daughter before-she is stunning.

Thanks very much, packrat. I never get tired of hearing it. But you actually have seen a photo of her before. She is the girl in my icon: the girl with the cello. That was taken when she was ten years old. Some people have thought that it was I in the photo, but I have posted many times that I cannot play any musical instruments. (I used to sing, but I really play nothing, whereas my daughter has always played any instrument she picked up.)

Here is another quick photo of her. It is by no means the best. It just happens to be one I took today! She had her hair done because her cousin (my niece) is getting married on Saturday and the rehearsal is tomorrow!

Deb :wavey:

july312014.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

I knew that was your daughter in your avatar but sheesh that things so leeeetle I can't see her.

*gorgeous* girl, Deb. I bet she is w/out make up too, that effortless beauty!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

packrat|1406863471|3724217 said:
I knew that was your daughter in your avatar but sheesh that things so leeeetle I can't see her.

*gorgeous* girl, Deb. I bet she is w/out make up too, that effortless beauty!

thankyou thankyou thankyou!!!!! Hugs!

((((packrat))))

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dirty Socks Ditty
by Atticus kitty

Dirty socks, dirty socks
How I love my dirty socks
Smells like rotten cheese and
I am pleesed
Wif my dirty dirty socks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji0rwyHuYuE

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pic of Tommy just snapped by my dh who is working from home today. Tommy is such a good boy. See how he helps his daddy? :cheeky:

Love the poem Matata. :appl:

tommyhardatwork.jpg

alexah

Brilliant_Rock

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock

I need dust.
Like a ton of dust.

I woke up today to my dog being extremely lethargic. Took her in to the vet, who proceeded in doing a head to tail exam, a urine test, and pulling a insane amount of blood from her jugular vein to run tests on.

3 hours later, all we know is that her WBC is a bit high, she seems to have "spiky RBC" that the vet isn't worried about and that she's dehydrated. She pushed 950cc of fluids, into subcutaneous pockets and I wanted to cry when I saw how large the needle was.

I was told to bring her home and keep an eagles eye on her.
She won't eat, won't drink, won't get up.
Waiting on more blood test results tomorrow, but I'm terrified that she won't make it though the night.

I'm heartbroken that I can't take her pain away.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh Kelinas, I'm so sorry - lots of dust and positive thoughts being sent - hoping the vet can figure out what's going on.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh Kelinas I'm so sorry. Hopefully she start to feel better tomorrow and will eat and drink something. You feel so helpless when they are sick. Sending you lots of dust and hugs

Sending a ton more DUST

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh no! Sending lots of dust!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kelinas, I am sending you bucket loads of healing dust for your sweet dog. And I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers and sending you (((hugs))) honey.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock

Buckets of dust, Kelinas!!

Pups often rebound quickly - it amazes me... I will be thinking of you and your sweet doggie.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results