Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

HollyS|1438632126|3910582 said:
Oh, the cute photos on this thread!

This is Sophie, the rescue cat, whom we adopted a couple of months after Emma passed away from feline leukemia. Both kitties have loved this exact spot on the back of the couch. Now, there is a permanent sag to that cushion which makes me oddly content.

Ohh boy do I have a soft spot for torties! She's beautiful!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm glad your kitty is doing better Jordy...and I hope he does not have kitty AIDS.

Both my older son and daughter have had cat bites that swelled up their hands/arm. My son almost had to have surgery
due to it but they decided to watch it another day with hopes that the swelling came down. It did. He was on an IV an
all. It was not a very bad bite at all (and from his cat) so we didnt think much of it. I guess my point is that what ever is
in their saliva must be pretty potent.

Hope kitty continues to get better!

gemdandy

Shiny_Rock

Aw, I hope your Stinker recovers quickly and that he tests negative for FIV. I adopted a 1 1/2-year-old cat who tested positive for FIV. Although she was frequently at the vet's office, she did live a fairly long and happy life.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thanks for the kind words all! :wavey:

Stinker is doing much better now, he got a couple treats of high quality bluefin tuna over the 2-3 days after his needles and his paw has gone back to normal (not sure if the tuna was a treat or bribery for staying in the house hahaha). He is also using our bed pillows as a cat bed at night once again so I'd say he is back to normal. He's back at the vet in a week for the feline AIDS virus tests, apparently it can be vaccinated against but most vets feel as though the vaccine is too expensive for it's effectiveness, plus they also feel that the illness isn't serious enough to hamper a house cat's life.
Gemdandy, apparently it does not affect their quality of life as much as the AIDS virus does in people. Did you see any major difference in the cat's behaviour in comparison to a cat that does not have the virus?

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Hi guys :wavey:

Just thought I'd drop into this thread to let you all know that Stinker's test came back as a negative for Feline AIDS. I'm not so sure the testing was worth the money to be honest as the vet stated that it doesn't really affect cats like the same virus affects humans. The vet also gave him a check up and couldn't believe it when he tipped the scales at just under 14lb. He's a big boy! :lol:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

jordyonbass|1440682088|3919814 said:
Hi guys :wavey:

Just thought I'd drop into this thread to let you all know that Stinker's test came back as a negative for Feline AIDS. I'm not so sure the testing was worth the money to be honest as the vet stated that it doesn't really affect cats like the same virus affects humans. The vet also gave him a check up and couldn't believe it when he tipped the scales at just under 14lb. He's a big boy! :lol:

Yeah!!! Well, it's good to know he is healthy! 14lbs...sounds good to me. I WISH my cats only weighed 14 lbs. One weighs
16 and the other 18lb. :oops: They have been on a diet with low cal/high protein food for about a month and a half now. Don't think
I have seen any change but I know with pets it takes a while. I'm hoping by about a year that they are down a lb or 2!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thanks tyty333!!

Those are some big cats! Are they tubby or built like a tank? We used to have a cat that had the markings of a tabby cat but the head/build of a tomcat. He was 26lb at his largest and eventually dropped down to 21lb at his last vet visit before he disappeared. But even when he lost the weight he was still built like a rugby player :lol: the vet who saw him said he was one of the biggest and heaviest cats he had ever seen and couldn't get over the size of his frame.

I remember one day I saw him get into a fight with a kelpie when the dog broke out of our neighbour's yard and came into our yard, he tore the poor dog's face to shreds. Pretty incredible how big and fearless he turned out when you consider he was the runt of the litter that nobody wanted!! :shock:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

One is a Maine Coon mutt so he should run bigger. The other one has big paws so I think he should also be a bigger cat.
However, I think both are at least 2 lbs overweight because their belly's poke out on the side like a cow. I dont mind them having a
little bit of extra padding but they've both gone past my comfort zone. They are not happy with me or their new yummy :knockout:
diet cat food :bigsmile: but a moms gotta' do what a moms gotta do!

hay joe

Shiny_Rock

My wife came home with a new sleep interruption system. It's called Olive, born 6/25/15. She has an alpha type personality and has been reluctant to accept her place in our pack. Our mature dogs have been nice to her but at times I get the look of "Come get your dog". We'll help her adjust her personality and she will become a good family pet.

olive_009__3_.jpg

olive_011__2_.jpg

olive_016.jpg

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Olive is absolutely adorable. Congratulations on your new little puppy :love:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Miss Maya doesn't usually deign to sit on my lap, so when she did so today I thought I'd better document the occasion.

I think it means colder weather is on its way. ;))

miss_maya2.jpg

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

hay joe|1440707646|3920025 said:
My wife came home with a new sleep interruption system. It's called Olive, born 6/25/15. She has an alpha type personality and has been reluctant to accept her place in our pack. Our mature dogs have been nice to her but at times I get the look of "Come get your dog". We'll help her adjust her personality and she will become a good family pet.

Olive is adorable! :dance: Hope she's adjusting to her place in your home by now. Puppies are a lot of fun! :appl:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

VRBeauty|1442375932|3928269 said:
Miss Maya doesn't usually deign to sit on my lap, so when she did so today I thought I'd better document the occasion.

Maya looks very comfortable! She's pretty!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Atticus and his dad playing with a cardboard tube from heavy duty aluminum foil, cause the 200 toys from the pet store aren't interesting enough :rolleyes:

toob.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata|1442377731|3928279 said:
Atticus and his dad playing with a cardboard tube from heavy duty aluminum foil, cause the 200 toys from the pet store aren't interesting enough :rolleyes:

Oh my goodness. Atticus is beautiful - is he as huge as he appears in that picture? He looks to be as big as three or four Mayas!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MINIMS said:

Oh my goodness. Atticus is beautiful - is he as huge as he appears in that picture? He looks to be as big as three or four Mayas!
He's that big and currently in a growth spurt. He's 3'10" long and 19" at the shoulder. I think he'll add about 1 more inch to length and height and put on his adult muscle. He's a total snuggle bug.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Omg it has been a while since I visited this thread and I want to visit with all your sweet sweet fur babies. :love: :love: :love:

Matata, I am in love with your Atticus. I just want to hug and kiss him! How much does he weigh?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

miss_maya2.jpg

VR, your Ms. Maya looks like my Francesca. I'm on my iPad so don't know how to post pics but see my avatar. They are sisters. :appl:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am a dog lover, so of course this is the first posting that grabbed my attention when I re-opened this thread. Matata's cats are beyond gorgeous, but for me a puppy-even a scruffy one (and yours, of course, is not scruffy, hay joe)-will always win over any other animal! Except maybe an old dog. I love old dogs.

Congratulations on your pack!

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF

PS-The night before last Griffin (our Newfoundland) did something very unusual for him. He went up onto the kitchen table and took down a pack of (blessedly non-chocolate) Oreos. Like an Entenmann's cake box and tin pan we once found on his bed, he left the entire wrapping for the cookie package on his bed, but he eaten every scrap of the almost full box of Happy Birthday flavor, creme-filled, vanilla flavored, Oreo sandwich cookies! They were good. I had had some. ;))

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy|1442402941|3928357 said:
Matata, I am in love with your Atticus. I just want to hug and kiss him! How much does he weigh?

As of this morning, 24.6 lbs, a 1.6 pound gain in the last 2 weeks. Savannahs are long and lean and usually look heavier than they really are. I think he'll top out around 25-27 lbs. He loves hugs and kisses. And best of all he loves tummy kisses which is a good thing because I am crazy about spotted tummies.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata said:
missy|1442402941|3928357 said:

As of this morning, 24.6 lbs, a 1.6 pound gain in the last 2 weeks. Savannahs are long and lean and usually look heavier than they really are. I think he'll top out around 25-27 lbs. He loves hugs and kisses. And best of all he loves tummy kisses which is a good thing because I am crazy about spotted tummies.

Thanks Matata. He looks very long and lean and perfect in every way. He does not look heavy at all. He is a very handsome boy and please give him lots of tummy kisses and hugs from me too. I can see why you are crazy about his spotted tummy. :love:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What. A. CUTIEPIE!!! Olive, you're a beauty! The look on your other Rottie's face? PRICELESS, heehee, and I know its unfair to laff but that look speaks volumes! Lots of extra loves to your grown up Rotties, hay joe! Love the pics, please post more as time permits, ok?

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

miss_maya2.jpg

That face. Gave me shivers its so beautiful and black and shiny and furry and PERFECTION. Fantastic cat!!!! Please share more pics as time permits, okay? Do you ever um, play dress up with Miss Maya? For example, does she have a Halloween costume? If so, YOU SIMPLY MUST share pics :lol: :appl:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Okay, you cannot lose with pics of your cats and Atticus is the new Glam Boy of your pack!!! Heehee to the 200 cat toys, I've got the same thing only they are DOG TOYS, they love those flat road kill toys the best. Finnie, my avatar, he loves to play with them but Miss Maggie resource guards all the toys and Finn doesn't get the play with any unless THE ENFORCER OF ALL GOOD THINGS (me or my DH) are there to ensure Finn gets something.

Atticus looks just fantastic, but I have to tell you I'd be hard pressed to go toe to claw with that dude, he does look like one lean killing machine of sublimness. I don't believe your DH would win that fight (please don't tell your DH that, he looks perfectly strong its just that Atticus is, well Atticus).

I'm still feeing the Westies the raw diet. I bet you are still feeding yours raw too.

Please, the more pics the merrier with your gang.

The cat in the background, that is _____? I should know his/her name, its not fair Atticus gets all the name recognition :lol:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

quote="azstonie|1442534618|3929034"]
I'm still feeing the Westies the raw diet. I bet you are still feeding yours raw too.

Please, the more pics the merrier with your gang.

The cat in the background, that is _____? I should know his/her name, its not fair Atticus gets all the name recognition :lol:[/quote]

I primarily buy dog toys for the SVs. Cat toys just aren't sturdy enough. The road kill toys are popular here too. I often find them floating belly up in the water dishes and kiddie pool. LOL.

All my monsters eat a whole prey diet. Best thing for them.

Maliik is the cat in the background. He hates stuffies with faces and dispatches them quickly. RIP poor monkey.

Then there's my smallest, Taji, he's and F6 and the biggest troublemaker in the house. Bad to the bone.

And my firstborn Juba. Sweetest, kindest, most compassionate soul ever. He raised the other 3.
[

monkey_0.jpg

monkey_1.jpg

chin_scratch_please.jpg

jubakai.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ahhhhhhh, so so beautiful. I would sit for as long as wanted scratching those chins!!!!!

Whole Prey Diet, is that a potion of the Whole Foods meat counter???

Heehee, whole Preycheck Diet!!!

Thank you for the pics, I always look for your posts. I bet people in your neighborhood hover around your place hoping to see and pkay with them.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

azstonie|1442542146|3929072 said:
Whole Prey Diet, is that a potion of the Whole Foods meat counter???

Heehee, whole Preycheck Diet!!!

Haha. I doubt you'll find mice, rats, guinea pigs and rabbits at the Whole Foods meat counter. Well, may rabbits on occasion. The cats also get chickens, quail, game hens and a variety of boneless meats for variety -- buffalo, beef, goat.

If my cat sitter ever decides to stop, I think I'll have a difficult time finding someone who isn't intimidated by the cats AND who will be comfortable feeding them feather and furred bodies.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AZ and Missy: Miss Maya fully believes that she is of regal descent and we mere mortals are not. Her voice is generally a demanding "mrrrow" - I tell myself it's the voice she was born with and she had no say in the matter, but I'm not so sure. She prefers to be an only kitty, and she just ignores other kitties when forced into situations where they're around. I used to just call her "Maya," but not one but two different kitty care places, independently, refer to her as "Miss Maya" and it fits so that sort of became her formal name.

Does she have a Halloween costume?!? Surely you jest!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Shirley??? Who told you my name is Shirley?!?! :lol:

Well Ms Maya (I feel certain Ms Maya firmly believes in Women's Righrs) is gorgeous!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I've always wanted a Savannah cat, however my biggest worry would have to be play time. If they are anything like my 2 cats then play time may possibly end with a hospital visit to put me back together. One of my cats always gets carried away and leaves scratches, I could imagine that a savannah cat would tear out chunks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results