shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick computer question

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone,

If I needed a router that would support one network and one guest network, and I wanted to go somewhere like RadioShack, what is the range of prices I could pay, and what would be the the least expensive one that would do it?

Thanks.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Danny, I ain't no expert by a long shot, but I use a Netgear router -- they sell them all over. Mine works fine. Don't remember what it cost, but that means it was reasonably cheap!

--- Laurie

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
I would go to office depot and speak with them. All routers will support your networks. If you're going to frequently share the connection with another person, watch movies, play online games or stream music then I would get what I'd called a dual band router. This type of router can send and receive information at the same time decreasing any lag time. Also make sure any wireless adapters hooked to computers are optimal. I believe a Wireless N is the most up to date. You also need to consider the layout of your house and furniture/wall materials. An inexpensive router may not have enough strength in it to get it where you want. I paid $90 for a router to support heavy gaming and streaming of movies (on sale)

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
The reason I ask is because my landlord took my Internet away even though it was in his ad and has always been included then told me tough luck because his router broke his backup router doesn't support two accounts and one that would would cost $350.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
That is the biggest load of bull crap I have ever heard. Unless his Internet provider is terrible I would be willing to bet he's lying thru his teeth and only wants money

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Danny :wavey:

Just consulted w my own personal onsite computer geek....DH, to be exact!... and he says your landlord is lying and doesn't want to be paying for extra download on the band width, and that he may have a guest network (what you were using) but has now added restrictions onto it, so you can't receive. Sounds crappy - but I know you've had issues w this dude before. :angryfire:

Any linksys or d-link router will do. All are under $100. Best Buy, Radio Shack, Walmart - any electronics place will sell them. These names have the most security features on them.

or... again DH dressed in black when Steve Jobs died... but says you can spend a lot more and go Apple. :naughty: Hope that helps, Danny!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
What a jerk. Sheesh, Danny, that guy takes the cake. Do you have any legal recourse? Is internet in your lease?

--- Laurie

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
It's not written down.

And bingo he wants money.

I spent my money on my $1,849 car. SO was literally going to physically collapse after more than two months of a five hour daily commute that included walking three miles to the bus stop, and back on a (previously) broken leg. I could give a (insert your favorite word here) that the landlord had to wait.

Thursday night he came home drunk at 9:38 called me and demanded a meeting with SO and me. SO don't play that.

Landlord told me it was his house and he could go wherever he wanted. I locked the door. He came down and whined and yelled at me through a window for about twenty minutes. He never said one word to SO.

The next day he texted an apology for "intruding on your space". You know, like he had steped on the wrong piece of the lawn or something.

We didn't respond. We were just quiet. Just trying to make plans to pay two months rent, basically.

Without any provocation, he turned the intenet off... while I was using it. Mind you, the night he did this, three

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
phone, sorry.

three days later he was going to be paid $850.

SO was very unhappy.

Yesterday I cleaned everything up outside, sprayed down the walls, windows, and concrete, and I weeded around "our" part of it.

I called the landlord and we met outside.

I asked him to turn the Internet on, he told me to get (um,... lost). I tried to make payment arrangements.

He was hostile. He ended up storming off.

I went inside AND I LOST IT. Think Nicki Minaj's "Roman" character.

The police came. The police left.

He waited outside for SO, tried to complain about me, and said he wants us to leave.

SO took my side (like duh) and told him off.

I don't have a tv. Now I don't have Internet except my phone). But guess what SO brought me cheap (but everything is cheap) home theater speakers.

He didn't want to "listen" to me using the Internet. Now he can listen to my stereo.

Thanks, everyone. :wavey:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh Danny --- that guy sucks, big time! I really wish you 2 could get away from him. I remember you posted it's a beautiful area and rent here is better than other places... but man, this dude is one volatile MORON! He goes up and down more times than a toilet seat!

Any chance you guys *could* find something else somewhere else? Seems like such a stressful and unhappy way to live - waiting for the next idiotic thing this guy is gonna pull on you guys.... :angryfire:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, we're looking!

This man has driven me to the point that I just. Don't. Care.

And I'm the "nice" one.

I've got the electric meter spinning like a top. I turn things on just for fun. Tell me it's wrong. Ask me if I care. SO said he could have bought a router for $49. And there has never been any issue with bandwidth.

No, he did it to punish me.

Now:

He's getting not $850. He isn't getting a penny.

I''m going to run his electric bill through the roof at $.50 a kilowatt hr.

So talked to a local woman whose family has property. It took them five months to get rid of their tenets.

For $49.

I don't think he knows what he's done by physicaly trying to intimidate me and threatening me (things like "You're going to make me do things I don't want to do."

He'll find out.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Hi Danny,

Just wanted to say that I was sorry to read that you are having such a hard time. I wish things were better for you.

Big hug, Danny. . . . ::)

No reason to get physical, there's all those pesky court dates, and nonsense and BS. :rolleyes:

In a couple of months, you'll be in a better place, this will be behind you. Just repeat that to yourself and stay calm. :|

Soon it'll be in the past. And after a while you'll laugh about it. :)

There's something better just around the corner. :praise:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Landlords hate to go through this process, don't they? I never heard a single story about a landlord who didn't think it was hell.

I'm the tenant from hell! :shock: :???: :lol:

Hugs, iLlander! Thank you. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results