shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about 529 Account

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
I go to a private school and I had some of my 529 account funds to pay for part of the tuition costs. I just received the tax form in the mail from Fidelity. It doesn't say specifically what I need to use to prove I paid tuition to the school to file with this form.

My Mom is the owner of the account, so when my tuition was due (I'm a beneficiary) she had the funds debited to her checking account and she then wrote out a check to the school. Is the cancelled check to the University sufficient proof?

https://www.texastuitionpromisefund.com/digitalAssets/630bc0b9b202c010VgnVCM100000e82311ac____-0.pdf

Page 6, it states the cancelled check can be used but I wonder how that works since it's under my Mom's taxes rather than mine... and she paid my tuition.

eta: I'm in California I just found the pdf the only one to contain what I need to give to my mom to file this particular tax document with her taxes.
Sorry, I'm just confused and when I asked Fidelity about it, they said I had to consult a tax professional. >_<

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results