shape
carat
color
clarity

Purse issue...need advice please

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
I’ve owned a few Coach purses and as of the last few years I have run into issues. I have had 2 purses within the last 3.5 years that have had zipper issues. I purchased one for my birthday and had an issue a little shy of having it a year. Went into Coach, they sent it in for repair, they then sent me a voucher.

Ok, I’ll just buy another purse……well, it took my quite awhile to find one that met my wants. I’ve had this purse a little over a year and I have the same zipper issue. I am upset because I have a feeling they will send me a voucher again and I’m not quite sure I want to stay with Coach since this is my 2nd issue. I’d like to call and see if they’ll send me a check instead of a voucher, but not sure they will. I would hate for this to happen again and again. Any advice?

Anyone else have issues with their Coach purse or purse in general? If no issues, what brand do you have?

Thanks ladies!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
No because I usually don't use purses for more then 6 months and then I either get rid of them or rotate them out.

Are you stuck on brand name? Or are you open to whatever? I usually just a find a purse that sings to me so I have no brand loyalty when it comes to purses or shoes.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would just call and ask if they'll give you a check rather than a voucher. My guess is probably not, but it can't hurt to ask.

I have two coach purses and haven't had any problems with either.

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
I am open to any brand, but I am not sure if Coach will send me another voucher to keep me shopping Coach or what. I don't know if I should try calling CS and see if they will send me a check once they get the purse to determine what they'll do. This is the 2nd time so....I'm not sure what will happen. :?:

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
junebug17|1374681699|3489203 said:
I would just call and ask if they'll give you a check rather than a voucher. My guess is probably not, but it can't hurt to ask.

Lucky! I'm beginning to think I'm doing something wrong, but it's the zipper for peat sake. I'll give it a shot and see what happens...wish me luck that I get a check.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DiamondsOnly|1374681953|3489206 said:
junebug17|1374681699|3489203 said:

Lucky! I'm beginning to think I'm doing something wrong, but it's the zipper for peat sake. I'll give it a shot and see what happens...wish me luck that I get a check.

I hope it works out for you! I don't blame you for being frustrated.

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
I don't think the lady understood what I was trying to say. I will have to call back to see if I can get someone else.

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm. Never had an issue with my Coach purses. I don't use them daily but use them quite a bit and have had them for several years. Sorry, don't know what advice to give but having constant zipper issues sounds irritating.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could always sell the voucher and use the money to buy a different brand.

I'm not a purse person-unless it's made from a woven fabric-like a hippie bag. Those I could buy all day long!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I've had many Coach bags and never a problem. I did get annoyed with them being made in China though so I sold them all online and saved up to buy a collection of handbags made in Europe. If you're open to trying different bags - that is.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a small Coach cross-body purse that I received as a gift a few months ago. I haven't had any issues with it so far. I'd call Coach and express frustration with the zipper issues, and ask for a check for the value of your purse. If they don't agree to that and will only give you a voucher, maybe you could find something else from Coach that you'd like to use.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd demand a refund personally, or file a chargeback and say that their "voucher" to buy a new one at a discounted price because they can't fix your defective purse is not really going to help. I wouldn't want to have to buy a new one slightly cheaper after shelling out a ton on a new one that was defective.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to say, get a purse without a zipper ... but I think I'd get a forum flogging. ;(

Uhm, but do all purses have zippers?

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
Someone told me about a website where you can sell gift cards, anyone know what it's called?

What other brand purses do you ladies suggest? I'm open to a new brand hoping I can sell the voucher if they issue one.

I'd prefer a purse with a zipper so if it falls over all my stuff doesn't fall out and I don't want anyone grabbing inside my purse. You never know...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't go by brand, I'd go by finding one you like. Just go to a nicer dept store and they'll carry several nice brands.

That said, I also have not had problems with my Coach zippers, so you were very unfortunate to get two in a row! I agree with not wanting my stuff to fall out when the purse falls over, etc.

I'd just list the Coach voucher on Diamond Bistro since there is a purse section. You can give us a heads up here when it is listed.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

Coach does seem to have a great return policy. I was given one about 14 months ago and it sat in the dust bag and I finally took it in last week and they gave me full credit as a gift card and told me they do not have a time limit with their return policies. That said, I did have a Fossil purse I paid about $80 for that I used daily for about three years and the zipper finally broke on it. At that point, I was into just using that purse...I splurged recently and bought new some new purses, wallet, & iphone thingy (I don't know what it is...my dh even asked me what it is!) and three are from Coach and I do realize they're made in China and that does bug me, but it seems that most of the brands in my price range are from there. (I cannot justify a $1k bag).

You can try getting a gift card...that is what the coach store did for the bag I returned and I could have sold it on eBay. But, I wanted a new wallet, so I used part of the card for that.

That aside, I did have great luck with that fossil purse...I found a photo of it the other day and wish I had taken it to be fixed instead of tossing it or whatever I did.

Oh, and Nord sale is on now, so it's a great time to shop!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
kenny|1374693203|3489338 said:
I want to say, get a purse without a zipper ... but I think I'd get a forum flogging. ;(

Some have flap over tops w/magnetic closures, some are totes with just little magnetic clips that... if you browse the Nordstrom handbag section (which I know you're aching to do), you can see what is available.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1374693203|3489338 said:

They should in order to stay as securely fastened as possible to lessen the chances of being pick pocketed. I will never understand open bags or ones with just a snap!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know how many brands but so many of the high end purses are made in China, and that really bugs me. I know very little about Coach accept that I went into a store recently and the sales people were very helpful and there was a few of the bags I liked. I have been on a Rebecca Minkoff tangent of late. I purchased three that Nordstrom had on sale of the Cupid style, on black beauty that was full price,
and yesterday found the black and almond color on sale at Zappos for less than the sale price at Nordstrom and with the soft leather I love.
Sigh. Hubby is turning blue from the sticker shock.

If I were you and I could find a purse I liked to buy with the voucher, I would do that and call it a day. If not you could sell it, or use it to buy a few gifts of smaller items there. I don't know if there is a brand that is not subject to zipper problems. Maybe if you can find one not made in China, I guess. Like Mims Maine on Etsy.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DiamondsOnly|1374764243|3489939 said:
I just looked in my purse and sure enough it says it was handcrafted in China.
My wife's wallet said made in China and I told her it's a FAKE!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1374759286|3489868 said:
I don't know how many brands but so many of the high end purses are made in China, and that really bugs me. I know very little about Coach accept that I went into a store recently and the sales people were very helpful and there was a few of the bags I liked. I have been on a Rebecca Minkoff tangent of late. I purchased three that Nordstrom had on sale of the Cupid style, on black beauty that was full price,
and yesterday found the black and almond color on sale at Zappos for less than the sale price at Nordstrom and with the soft leather I love. Sigh. Hubby is turning blue from the sticker shock.
Name one.. :tongue: the FAKES don't count... :bigsmile:

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
When I was working in PR/fashion we represented several South American handbag lines, so I collected some of their stuff and it's been great:

Alma's Imports: www.almasimports.com
Their offices are in Los Angeles, but the bags are designed and made in Argentina. I have 2 of their handbags and Ive been using the leather weekender/duffle in chocolate for about 7 years and I have used and abused it, and it's held up amazingly well and aged beautifully. It's one of my favorite possessions.

Aaneta: www.aaneta.com
Their also based in LA, but bags are made in Uruguay. I have 3 of their handbags. The 'Muddy' bag in grey is my favorite handbag of my collection. It's super slouchy and has also aged really well. I have used the heck outta this thing and beat it up and it has only gotten better. The leather is super soft yet thick and it's nicely lined.

Neither is cheap, but Coach bags aren't either! I have found the quality to be great: leather, hardware and lining. I am very hard on my things, so the fact that they have held up so well is impressive! I also like supporting small designers, and not mass production in China!

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
Went to Coach and there's good news and good news. :)

1. They exchanged out my purse so Ill be getting a brand new one in a week. Same purse which is being discontinued and had limited quantities, thank goodness I don't have to find a new one. *sigh of relief*

2. I got money back. :). $10 but Ill take it.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1374771797|3490022 said:
DiamondsOnly|1374764243|3489939 said:
I just looked in my purse and sure enough it says it was handcrafted in China.
My wife's wallet said made in China and I told her it's a FAKE!

Where did she buy her wallet? If she bought it at Nordstrom or Coach, it's not a fake. All of my newer coach bags are labeled as made in China and I bought them all from either Coach or Nord. Funny thing is I bought an older "pre-loved" one on eBay and it was made in Costa Rica and I took it into the Coach store to see if it was authentic and they told me it was a fake because their bags aren't ever made there. The gals all then became curious over this so they called customer service and looked up the serial number and after about 10-15 min, they discovered that that particular one WAS authentic. It also had a couple features that other Coach bags do not have, but sure enough, it took the customer service department to do some investigating to find that there are a few unique bags that don't fit the standard.

And, I just checked my two most recent bags purchased at Nord (Cole Hann & Marc Jacobs) and both are made in China, as well as my Foley + Corinna.

My wallet that I bought MANY years ago from Nord was made in Turkey. It is Nordstrom brand and they don't carry anything like that anymore. It ripped so I just replaced it... I'm contemplating having a leather repair shop fix it because it's nice not having it be made in china.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1374759286|3489868 said:
and yesterday found the black and almond color on sale at Zappos for less than the sale price at Nordstrom and with the soft leather I love.
Sigh. Hubby is turning blue from the sticker shock.

If I were you and I could find a purse I liked to buy with the voucher, I would do that and call it a day. If not you could sell it, or use it to buy a few gifts of smaller items there. I don't know if there is a brand that is not subject to zipper problems. Maybe if you can find one not made in China, I guess. Like Mims Maine on Etsy.

Where are Rebecca Minkoff bags made?

I found a Kate Spade bag I like at Nord Rack today and I'm assuming it's from China, as well...I didn't check. Someone once gave me a fake Kate Spade bag and the reason I knew it was fake was because the label was glued instead of sewed on, plus she didn't buy it at a dept store!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
DiamondsOnly|1374800830|3490446 said:
Went to Coach and there's good news and good news. :)

1. They exchanged out my purse so Ill be getting a brand new one in a week. Same purse which is being discontinued and had limited quantities, thank goodness I don't have to find a new one. *sigh of relief*

2. I got money back. :). $10 but Ill take it.

Glad everything worked out for you...Regardless of where the bags are made, Coach does have exceptional customer service. Once I found a pink bag I liked on sale at Macy's and it was sold out in black and I took a picture of the sale price, with my phone, and then went over to the Coach store and they honored the Macy's sale price on the black color. Then they sent me a thank-you card and the gal called me to thank me over the phone.

Now, I just be sure to shop when they have their 25% F&F deals.

Oh, and eBay has a coach outlet and I was reading the reviews and it sounds like THAT is where the fakes are being sold. Lots of complaints.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="MC|1374811540|3490551
Where did she buy her wallet? If she bought it at Nordstrom or Coach, it's not a fake. All of my newer coach bags are labeled as made in China and I bought them all from either Coach or Nord. Funny thing is I bought an older "pre-loved" one on eBay and it was made in Costa Rica and I took it into the Coach store to see if it was authentic and they told me it was a fake because their bags aren't ever made there. The gals all then became curious over this so they called customer service and looked up the serial number and after about 10-15 min, they discovered that that particular one WAS authentic. It also had a couple features that other Coach bags do not have, but sure enough, it took the customer service department to do some investigating to find that there are a few unique bags that don't fit the standard.

[/quote]

I don't know, but my daughter's Coach is also made in China. Maybe both of them are fakes... :bigsmile:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1374817953|3490580 said:
[quote="MC|1374811540|3490551

I don't know, but my daughter's Coach is also made in China. Maybe both of them are fakes... :bigsmile:[/quote]

Yes, they probably are!!!

If they bought them at a dept store like Nordstrom, Macy's, or a Coach store, they're real. If they bought from some person selling on the sidewalk or from an eBay Outlet Deal that they're getting emails from, and clicking on a link to lead them to eBay, then the bags are fake.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results