Which phone?

• iPhone 5

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Galaxy S4

Votes: 13 50.0%

• Total voters

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
We received the new CR mag in the mail and the Galaxy has been rated very high. We currently have iPhones and was looking at the 5, but now I'm unsure.

Please vote and if you'd like to comment please do. I know I posted about the 5 the other day, but now I thought I'd do a poll. We might go today so the more votes the better and maybe that'll help me. :)

Thanks again!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I only have the iPhone 4S...not familiar with the Galaxy. Would your bill be less with the Galaxy?

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
I'm not sure if it would be less. I think they are the same price though.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like to support Apple. Don't get me wrong, they are great advertising company and do that job very well.

Husband owns the S4 and had the the S2 (?) before that. It's a nice phone.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are big apple people here, so I'm voting iPhone 5.

(I mean - big "Apple brand" supporters, not Big Apple ... although we do love NYC too, just sayin'!)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my iPhone 5 and it was my first Apple product! A few days later, I went and bought an iPad. It is great for travel. So because I like having things that operate the same way, I likely will stick with iPhone and iPad's in the future. I also plan to get a MacBook because this Dell is absolutely driving me nuts because it freezes all the time! :angryfire:

Just FYI, I think the iPhone 5S has been announced, so I'd probably see what the differences are on that one before buying the 5.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you remove the battery yourself in the i5, or can it only be done by authorized service? I ask because previously, you could not access the battery as far as I know. My DH has an iPhone, my daughters and I all have S4's. I love the S4. You can buy a spare battery with charger for it, which I'm pretty sure you can't do with the i5 unless they've changed things. It's nice to have if you don't want to be tied down to charging your phone with a wall or car jack. Functionally, I think they are very similar. But the S4 is what the cool kids have now. 8-)

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
I also heard that about the 5S, but with our upgrade we would get $100 off a new phone and my husband doesn't want to pay a huge amount out of pocket. :(. With both our upgrades it would be $200 for the phones, then a cases for each.

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
It doesn't look like we are going today so...feel free to vote and comment. Hopefully tomorrow... :-/

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I have the Galaxy 4, just activated it three days ago. I previously had the Galaxy 2. I love my phone! My husband and sons have the iPhone 4. I also have the iPhone for work, not sure which model.

I had my Galaxy 2 a year before I got the iPhone for work so I can say hands down, having both products, I love the Galaxy. We had USCellular for the last 15 years and they are closing. We all needed new phones so I had a choice between either brand. The Iphones were $1 each thru AT&T, I had to pay $199 for the Galaxy. I just couldn't bring myself to switch so I paid the money. The hubby and sons are happy with their iPhones.

Final answer: Galaxy 4

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am getting the feeling that people are loyal to whatever they are used to!

I have no idea about the iphone 5 battery. I have never had a spare battery for a phone ever.

I remember one more thing. When we were looking at the phones last fall, the iPhone was more slim and fit my hand better. We wanted Otterbox cases, and those add a little bulk. The Galaxy phones were wider and not as comfortable for me to hold. So do take that into consideration when you try them.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had both products in some variation. An iPhone 4 and a Galaxy 3....

My first true smart phone was an android, specifically the droid X. It was nice, but had glitchy issues, and the battery life was abysmal. My gripe with android as a whole is that it is a platform available on multiple devices. What is bad about that, is that it can at times be spread too far. Not all devices are treated equal. Different phones push updates at different times, and depending on the phone, it gets dumped for the new model too soon, and then never pushes updates again. Now thats fine for most because the average 40 something doesnt care about updates, just buys a Sanyo and goes about her life for 2 years until the next upgrade. But i, being a phone nerd do. Now this can be avoided mostly by buying the flagship of any particular manufacture....BUT, what is the flagship? For the beginning years with Android it was too wild, so it was hard to say, which HTC phone will they hitch their wagon? Does motorola want to ride the RAZR or the X? How was anyone to know? This was a few years back of course, but its still seen slightly today. This is mostly a problem for a person who wants the newest and best, not for the average phone consumer, though.

My droid was disappointing, so I switched to the iPhone. In my head it would be better for a few reasons. One software on one brand of hardware, so i would not have to wait long for updates. Also, i assumed because of the later, I wouldnt have issues with restarting or glitches.... lastly, it had more apps, so i thought that was cool.Lastly, they had cooler covers... fast forward to a year after getting it, i never really bought apps, because they are a cool idea, but you never really use them, at least thats what it was for me, and as for the glitches, still had them. And i was pretty unhappy with it in other regards. It was not at ALL customizable, and the only things that i really LIKED about the iphone, was things that apple stole from the android system (drop down notification bar, app folder creation to name a few) The screen was too small, and the configuration of the screens wasnt my favorite. I like clean backgrounds on my phone...

So i knew i would change back to an android but not until a phone came along that was just as popular, that was the clear flagship of the brand. The Galaxy is clearly that. I believe the sales are as good if not better than iphone, and Samsung is clearly backing this phone for the long rung.

I LOVE my galaxy. The camera is amazing. I have no problem with glitches, i dont miss any of the apps i had with my Iphone, it has really neat features that I would miss if i went back to apple, it has a fair amount of cases if you want something like that, and as a whole an android is so much more customizable.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1373159384|3478314 said:
I am getting the feeling that people are loyal to whatever they are used to!

Ha that's what I was going to say. I have an iPhone (4S) and hubby has a Droid phone (not Galaxy though) and both of us would argue we have the superior phone.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
DiamondsOnly|1373134994|3478163 said:
I'm not sure if it would be less. I think they are the same price though.

Yeah, then based on my phone usage, I'd go w/the one with the best camera. Since the 4S and the 5 were the same, I went with the 4S bc it was less $ to upgrade. We are Apple fans here, but I was in Best Buy the other day looking at tablets and one of the Galaxy ones had a couple great features my ipad2 doesn't so that made me realize I should be open to possibly other brands in the future. Maybe make a pro/con list?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had an Android for awhile and loved it at first then it started getting flakier and flakier. I am pretty sure my phone got hacked too. I had to reset it all the time; it froze up on me, etc. Within 2 months I sold it online and waited impatiently 3 more months until we had another upgrade on our account. I then got the iPhone 4 and couldn't believe what a nicer phone I thought it was. I upgraded to an iPhone 5 a little over a year ago and absolutely love it. The camera is great, I use Siri if I need to answer a text in the car and the LTE works great when I need to go online away from home.

We also have iPads and MacBook Pros so we definitely have become fans of Apple Products.

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
Now that I'm a mom as of 3 months ago the camera is a big thing for me since I'm constantly taking pictures of our princess. :). Did I just read that the iPhone 5 is still an 8 MP camera? And the Galaxy s4 is a 13 MP?

Anyone want to post pictures with each phone so I can see the difference? :).

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Again I only have the g3 but the camera is great. I understand my DD is 1 and I take a million pictures of her.

I really do think galaxy will make you happy if that's your concern. Did you look at those Engadget reviews? The do good reviews of the photos.

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
I did check out the review, but must have missed the review of the camera. :(. Ill go check it out again....just in time for more coffee.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband has a droid and an iphone (the iphone's for work). He prefers the iphone, especially for the camera. I have a galaxy but I'm not sure which one. It's a few years old now and it has a slide out keyboard. At the time, I thought it would be a good transition because I hated touch screens. I got used to mine though and I never use the slide out keyboard. I like it for the most part, but I don't like the short battery life when I check my e-mail or do other browsing.

Anyway, I do think people prefer what they're used to. I love that there fewer glitches with Apple products overall, but I can't ever justify the high price, so I always end up choosing a non-Apple product phone (and laptop).

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
What's the durability of each because my phone is bent and lock key is broken. :(

NTave

Shiny_Rock
I have an Iphone (not the 5) and my boyfriend has the S4. I was disappointed at first that he didn't go Apple so we can connect through facetime etc, but I seriously love his phone. We went to a concert recently and we had good seats, but not front row seats, and with his magnification his pics of the concert were better than what we could see ourselves with our own eyes. Unbelievable. I also took a few pics and quickly put my phone away and just had him send me his pics. For that alone I vote S4.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results