shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Vendors @ Dave Atlas for Imagem Presentation

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Dave Atlas of AGA graciously hosted an introductory look at the new Imagem automated diamond grading machine today. Some familiar faces gathered for a fun day of camaraderie, discussion and information sharing.

More details to come, I am sure, from those who were present... Those of "us" too swamped to make the trip anxiously await!
emotion-15.gif

* Leonid, this thread may need to go to Diamond Hangout, but I consider it trade-worthy enough to appear on Rocky Talky for a little while.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh, very cool!

Jim from DCD looks much younger than I''d pictured him.

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Nice pic of the ''Usual Suspects''. I''ve saved it for posterity.
21.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Its amazing who will travel to vist when there is free food and something to drink.....We had a wonderful time meeting and greeting everyone time and also enjoyed a productive day..It was a happy and good day that we will all remember.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neil:
35.gif

The trick to taking John's picture is to use a silver mirror (modern aluminum coated ones won't work).

With a silver mirror you get to see John's reall image.
17.gif

An electronic camera may otherwise mislead you with his disguise here on earth:
27.gif

I suspect that you are right that a normal film camera would not work.

Perry

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2005 5:28:35 PM
Author: denverappraiser
John,

I notice that you're missing from the photos. I realize that there have been problems becuse your image won't appear on film but I thought that digital cameras had resolved that issue.
Now now, Neil & Perry... You know that myth is as outdated as burning witches for making webcrawling price search engines.

Actually, I'm missing because I knew Dave would run out of food fast with that crowd.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for sharing the pics john (even though you''re not in them!) i really like the "diamond cut and performance report card". it would be handy if it were wallet size...........
"no, officer, it is supposed to be this bright!!"

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
John wasn''t there because he was too busy eating food somewhere else!

P.S. Hope you don''t mind, but I''m sure people love to see your smiling face

jquiox.jpg

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/20/2005 5:28:49 PM
Author: valeria101
I was going to ask about ImaGem after reading the latest on AGA in the PS Diamond Journal . There is no sample report on the Imagem website as yet. How do they look ? And... how does this work ?
34.gif
Yes! We need more info
34.gif
Interested in the criteria for measurments as well as definitions of sparkel and intensity and any correlations to AGA cut class.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/20/2005 6:41:15 PM
Author: noobie

Frazier!!?? John is really Frazier??

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2005 7
6.gif
0:48 PM
Author: Matata

Date: 1/20/2005 6:41:15 PM
Author: noobie

i hope this is a compliment! (ready thine sword sir john, ye may have to run her through)
6.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where is the lighting model listed so the results can be verified by other means?
Without the lighting model its just another black box that we are supposed to believe in.
No thanks.
The color grading is interesting but I put no more weight in the light return readings than I do the B-scope or isee2.
Interesting but not very informative.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I just think John is smart enough not to try to compete with that gorgeous gal of his.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2005 7:21
6.gif
2 PM
Author: strmrdr
Where is the lighting model listed so the results can be verified by other means?
Without the lighting model its just another black box that we are supposed to believe in.
No thanks.
The color grading is interesting but I put no more weight in the light return readings than I do the B-scope or isee2.
Interesting but not very informative.

Strm,

Dave should have the first shot at explaining the innards. He was kind enough to have us out... I'm sure details will follow, bud. The intent is to share the photos with all of you and thank Dave for hosting. That's why at the top I mentioned it would probably get moved to DH.

I know as much as you right now - and am anxious to hear more from the people in attendance.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
John,
While there did you run a diamond thru it that Brian had color graded to see if the color grade matched what Brian graded it at?

Run some ACA''s and some ES stones to see if it picked up the difference?

Or did ya all say wow kewl machine lets eat? :} lol

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks John: The mirror trick works as I understand that the Diagem machine has a mirror in it.

I too am awaiting more information, and would like to see it stacked against other machines.

However, the trend is in the right direction. Machines have so much less subjectivity to them. Hence, I fully belive that John will provide that Texas Hospitaility when I get his direction.

Perry

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/20/2005 9
6.gif
7:58 PM
Author: JohnQuixote

Date: 1/20/2005 7
6.gif
0:48 PM
Author: Matata

Matata, though the cut is similar there are subtle differences.

I took the liberty of running Kelsey Grammar and myself through Dave''s Imagem machine to illustrate.
Ah yes, incontrovertible evidence that you cannot see differences in specimens until they are side-by-side. For the record, I''d choose you over Kelsey any day
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results