PS game

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1473241857|4074000 said:
diamondseeker2006|1473208533|4073913 said:
wildcat03|1473190845|4073795 said:
Hmmm...so many people come to mind

Missy because I love her taste. It's a little different than my own, but I love what she picks and think that sometimes I need to branch out a little bit from my usual.

Diamond seeker because I love everything she owns and I know she'd pick something gorgeous.

Yssie because she has an eye for details in a way I don't, but still manages to put together pieces with the classic, clean lines I adore.

Thank you! How about I just reset my AVR in a beautiful setting for you?! :bigsmile:

Wildcat, thank you and I am honored. Love DS's idea for you but how about a true antique stone? Is that something you are open to and that way DS can keep her beautiful AVR. Just started looking now and need some more time as I have to go to work this morning sadly lol but here's an option and we can commission Caysie to make a gorgeous setting for you? How about that?

http://www.oldworlddiamonds.com/diamonds.php#

There is no photo of this diamond and of course we need to see it in person (I would be happy to go with you!) but just as a start. 3.19 JVS1 OEC (and Adam has a trade up policy that cannot be beat) and we can negotiate the price perhaps...

Ok for some reason I can't link it. Luckily I checked and saw no specific OEC showed. Here you go.
You can search it on the OWD site.

OWA43306 3.19 JVS1

Ok wait, I think I prefer this one.
OWA8001
HVS2 3.29
Pic below. Doesn't do it justice. Again must see in person.

I'm ready to go and see it with you. :bigsmile:

_5710.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Combine budgets for this little beauty. :love:

OWA 46338 B

Or if you want to split your 40k into 2 bling purchases this one is a beauty and only about 20k.
Need to see in person but I have a feeling it's a knockout. GI1 3.38 chunky pear. :love:

OWA 48801 A

_5712.jpeg

_5715.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1473241614|4073999 said:
LOL I am happy you are seeing the beauty that lower colors can offer in old cuts with chunky large facets. :appl: I'm telling you the soft glow and colors emanating from an old cut is just amazing and until one sees them in person it cannot be fully appreciated. Cannot wait for this project to be complete and I hope you love it DS. Ellen if you come and visit NYC and I will take you to see some of Adam's beautiful old cuts and see what you think of them in person. I will make sure you have a good visit if you come!

Thanks, Missy! Your ring is absolutely one of my all time favorites! So I have come around on the color on antique stones. For one thing, it allows me to buy more than I could if I stayed with I color or so!!! :lol: I just love antique stones (as well as newly cut ones) with chunky facets!!! I love all your beautiful earrings and pendants, too. I love so many of the same things, that I do think I could easily pick out things for you as well! That sapphire ring was definitely calling my name! haha! (A little afraid of the price on that one, though!) So I go from classic/elegant to antique/Edwardian/deco. You'd definitely be one of the ones who could pick for me! And I am absolutely going to come see you in NYC one of these days!!!

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
missy|1473247931|4074026 said:
Wildcat, thank you and I am honored. Love DS's idea for you but how about a true antique stone? Is that something you are open to and that way DS can keep her beautiful AVR. Just started looking now and need some more time as I have to go to work this morning sadly lol but here's an option and we can commission Caysie to make a gorgeous setting for you? How about that?

http://www.oldworlddiamonds.com/diamonds.php#

There is no photo of this diamond and of course we need to see it in person (I would be happy to go with you!) but just as a start. 3.19 JVS1 OEC (and Adam has a trade up policy that cannot be beat) and we can negotiate the price perhaps...

Ok for some reason I can't link it. Luckily I checked and saw no specific OEC showed. Here you go.
You can search it on the OWD site.

OWA43306 3.19 JVS1

Ok wait, I think I prefer this one.
OWA8001
HVS2 3.29
Pic below. Doesn't do it justice. Again must see in person.

I'm ready to go and see it with you. :bigsmile:[/quote]

Ooooh, I love this idea. And you know, H/VS2 is my sweet spot for MRBs, but who knows how I feel about color in old cuts? And I do adore OECs. In fact, my "something old" for my upcoming wedding will be my grandmothers OEC e-ring on my right hand!!!

Love these choices!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I went to look at that antique asscher and it is 5 cts and $146k!!! :-o :lol: But maybe you meant the smaller E color one, but the picture you posted is of the 5 ct one! I'll take it, though, if Gypsy makes the budget unlimited! :lol:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about another twist? Suppose we could add a piece of jewelry we don't wear or want any more to the budget as a trade-in? One might be able to get the antique marquise ring on the other page by doing that.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1473242342|4074003 said:
ac117|1473173966|4073675 said:
Fun game, Gypsy! In no particular order and for the project I do want IRL, I'd choose Gypsy, Missy, Resonance of Life and ForteKitty....could you guess what I'm after with this bunch? :naughty:

But for another project, I'd choose DS, LLJsmom and Phoenix...and I'm not sure if $40k would be enough!! :lol:

OK ac117, I hope I don't choose wrong because I am not sure of what you are looking for but I am honored to be named among some of the PSers you would like to choose for you so here goes. Not sure if you prefer higher colors than this and I need to see this ring in person to be sure but just as a start what do you think? Or would you prefer something different than an OEC ring?
Again we would negotiate on the price. Maybe I can get Niel to help me with that. :cheeky:

https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/rings/engagement-rings/355-carat-old-european-cut-diamond-platinum-engagement-ring/id-j_1768113/

or

https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/rings/engagement-rings/gorgeous-3ct-solitaire-engagement-ring/id-j_161536/

or

https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/rings/engagement-rings/1910-french-old-cut-diamond-platinum-solitaire-ring/id-j_1135162/

OMG and be still my heart, Missy....but you hit the nail RIGHT on the head with that first one :love: :love: :love: :love: !!!!!!!! THANK YOU for picking something SO perfect! Oh how I wish I wish I wish!! You and my other PS picks were based on the STUNNING antique cuts and knowledge you guys have and I would be honored to have one of you choose my antique cut stone! Although I just chose a MRB over an OEC during my first upgrade, I dream of having a large, lower colored OEC or antique cushion one day!! :naughty: My problem is I love everything...but with this game, why choose btw them when you can have them all :lol:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60 -

It would be my pleasure to spend a whole chunk of somebody else's money, buying you the jewelry piece of your dreams!

I read back over your threads, and it seems to me that you're an understated woman who likes quality without being flashy. So I came up with 2 ideas.

I know you've been toying with the idea of something in rose gold. I found these eternity rings by David Rosenberg:

https://rosenbergdiamonds.com/david-rosenberg/ (that's his site)

But then I thought - for something TRULY unique - a perfectly cut 1ct briolette drop necklace in rose gold. I've never seen anything *exactly* like this, so you'll have to imagine it! But it would look something like this:

Try to imagine that in rose gold. Understated, right? Elegant - check!

So - I hear you asking...where's my $40k budget??

Aaaaaahhhh - here's the kicker....

The diamonds in the band - or the briolette in the pendant...

Pink diamond. :love:

<drops mic. leaves the stage.>

ETA - these ideas also come with a bank loan for another 150,000 dollars! :bigsmile:

ring_for_queenie_a.jpg

necklace_for_queenie_a.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1473208823|4073915 said:
Ellen|1473208215|4073908 said:
diamondseeker2006|1473123883|4073509 said:
Madelise, you will be happy to know the ring I am making now is K color! :lol: Yep, the right stone can make one change some priorities!
*THUD*

That was me, hitting the floor. There is NO way you're wearing a K!!!! GET OUT!! :o

This is huge DS. Of course, I guess I don't have to tell YOU that. You've been you for these last many high colored stone years. lol Wow, I've seen everything now. Well, almost. When's this new acquisition gonna be done??! :cheeky:

*still shaking my head*

LOL!!! Let me say right off that this is not a MRB! I still prefer them in H or higher color for myself!!! I am more open to K or even lower in antique stones, and especially ones with larger facets. Actually, I'd love a light yellow AVC. But I can't keep buying diamonds!!!!

The ring is not made yet, so the final verdict on color is not in yet! We shall see!

LOL I am happy you are seeing the beauty that lower colors can offer in old cuts with chunky large facets. :appl: I'm telling you the soft glow and colors emanating from an old cut is just amazing and until one sees them in person it cannot be fully appreciated. Cannot wait for this project to be complete and I hope you love it DS. Ellen if you come and visit NYC and I will take you to see some of Adam's beautiful old cuts and see what you think of them in person. I will make sure you have a good visit if you come!
Aw, thanks Missy. That's a lovely offer, and one I will definitely take you up on should I ever find myself in your area! ;))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal said:
diamondseeker2006|1473207033|4073898 said:
missy|1473168636|4073644 said:
For Marcy:

<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://www.leonmege.com/portfolio/shop-now/kashmir-sapphire-certified-diamonds-ring-detail</span>

Wait, I am claiming this for myself!!!! :-o :love: :love:

After me ladies!!

Tell you what ladies I have an idea. 8) I will speak to Leon and see if he can make a ring for each of you just as special but a little bit different to so each one of a kind. Just like you lovely ladies. :appl:

And for the record since we can choose more than one person to get something for us I would be honored if Sharon and DiamondSeeker would choose something for me. Both of you ladies have exquisite taste and I know anything you would choose would be something I would love. Heck Sharon over the years you have linked some gorgeous bling for me here and ooh la la don't I wish I had that famous money tree we are always talking about. 8) Sigh.[/quote]

Earrings gals...that is what we are....I'll find you something Miss Missy !!

cheers--Sharon

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1473243635|4074009 said:

To your lost of antique marquise I'll submit my dream ring. Out of budget even for this game but who cares. Antique cartier

img_20160713_215850.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gahhhhhhhh. Neil rhat is glorious.

Q

Queenie60

mrs-b|1473287553|4074173 said:
Queenie60 -

It would be my pleasure to spend a whole chunk of somebody else's money, buying you the jewelry piece of your dreams!

I read back over your threads, and it seems to me that you're an understated woman who likes quality without being flashy. So I came up with 2 ideas.

I know you've been toying with the idea of something in rose gold. I found these eternity rings by David Rosenberg:

https://rosenbergdiamonds.com/david-rosenberg/ (that's his site)

But then I thought - for something TRULY unique - a perfectly cut 1ct briolette drop necklace in rose gold. I've never seen anything *exactly* like this, so you'll have to imagine it! But it would look something like this:

Try to imagine that in rose gold. Understated, right? Elegant - check!

So - I hear you asking...where's my $40k budget??

Aaaaaahhhh - here's the kicker....

The diamonds in the band - or the briolette in the pendant...

Pink diamond. :love:

<drops mic. leaves the stage.>

ETA - these ideas also come with a bank loan for another 150,000 dollars! :bigsmile:

Perfect Mrs-B! I love classic, understated elegance. Those are great pics that I would not have thought about! You have wonderful taste and pink diamonds - :dance: :dance: :dance:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1473258153|4074059 said:

Thanks, Missy! Your ring is absolutely one of my all time favorites! So I have come around on the color on antique stones. For one thing, it allows me to buy more than I could if I stayed with I color or so!!! :lol: I just love antique stones (as well as newly cut ones) with chunky facets!!! I love all your beautiful earrings and pendants, too. I love so many of the same things, that I do think I could easily pick out things for you as well! That sapphire ring was definitely calling my name! haha! (A little afraid of the price on that one, though!) So I go from classic/elegant to antique/Edwardian/deco. You'd definitely be one of the ones who could pick for me! And I am absolutely going to come see you in NYC one of these days!!!

Thank you so much DiamondSeeker and right back at ya! Think of all the splendid jewelry we could buy for each other and other PSers if we had unlimited funds... :love:

And yes that was the asscher I meant to link LOL. Just dreaming of combined budgets allowing us to spend more. What can I say. I'm a dreamer. And I'm not the only one... :bigsmile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpajoF4Uyew

Niel said:
missy|1473243635|4074009 said:
If we pool some of our money we can get some of these gorgeous options...any takers? :Up_to_something:

<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">http://www.langantiques.com/vintage-engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-rings/4-14-carat-g-vvs2-marquise-oval-art-deco-diamond-ring.html</span>

Love a fat antique emerald.

<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">http://www.langantiques.com/vintage-engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-rings/4-20-carat-emerald-cut-diamond-ring-gia-e-vs1.html</span>

For those of you who enjoy designer name brand bling and like unusual cuts this one might work.

<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">http://www.langantiques.com/vintage-engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-rings/tiffany-and-co-3-14-carat-moval-diamond-edwardian-ring-gia-f-vvs2.html</span>

and lastly if you want internally flawless and a high color maybe this one fits your bill.

<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">http://www.langantiques.com/vintage-engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-rings/3-39-carat-e-internally-flawless-antique-marquise-diamond-ring.html</span>

To your lost of antique marquise I'll submit my dream ring. Out of budget even for this game but who cares. Antique cartier

LOVE that marquise Niel. :love: Speaking of marquises (sp?) I also love these marquise earrings I saw at the NYC Antique show last spring. Ahh so many beautiful diamonds.

_38166.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1473293083|4074200 said:
Earrings gals...that is what we are....I'll find you something Miss Missy !!

cheers--Sharon

Thank you Sharon! You have found beautiful bling for me over the years so I have no doubt you will find another gorgeous piece of bling. And yes we are earring gals aren't we. 8-)

Hi Ellen, A visit would be lovely. I hope your son is doing well and I have been keeping him in my thoughts.

ac117 said:
missy|1473242342|4074003 said:
ac117|1473173966|4073675 said:
Fun game, Gypsy! In no particular order and for the project I do want IRL, I'd choose Gypsy, Missy, Resonance of Life and ForteKitty....could you guess what I'm after with this bunch? :naughty:

But for another project, I'd choose DS, LLJsmom and Phoenix...and I'm not sure if $40k would be enough!! :lol:

OK ac117, I hope I don't choose wrong because I am not sure of what you are looking for but I am honored to be named among some of the PSers you would like to choose for you so here goes. Not sure if you prefer higher colors than this and I need to see this ring in person to be sure but just as a start what do you think? Or would you prefer something different than an OEC ring?
Again we would negotiate on the price. Maybe I can get Niel to help me with that. :cheeky:

https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/rings/engagement-rings/355-carat-old-european-cut-diamond-platinum-engagement-ring/id-j_1768113/

or

https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/rings/engagement-rings/gorgeous-3ct-solitaire-engagement-ring/id-j_161536/

or

https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/rings/engagement-rings/1910-french-old-cut-diamond-platinum-solitaire-ring/id-j_1135162/

OMG and be still my heart, Missy....but you hit the nail RIGHT on the head with that first one :love: :love: :love: :love: !!!!!!!! THANK YOU for picking something SO perfect! Oh how I wish I wish I wish!! You and my other PS picks were based on the STUNNING antique cuts and knowledge you guys have and I would be honored to have one of you choose my antique cut stone! Although I just chose a MRB over an OEC during my first upgrade, I dream of having a large, lower colored OEC or antique cushion one day!! :naughty: My problem is I love everything...but with this game, why choose btw them when you can have them all :lol:

ac117, yay, glad you like it! Yes there are many beautiful cuts and pieces to love. It is hard just picking one. :halo:

wildcat03 said:
Ooooh, I love this idea. And you know, H/VS2 is my sweet spot for MRBs, but who knows how I feel about color in old cuts? And I do adore OECs. In fact, my "something old" for my upcoming wedding will be my grandmothers OEC e-ring on my right hand!!!

Love these choices!

Wildcat, I love that your "something old" is your grandmother's OEC ER. That is so romantic and sweet. Wishing you all the best on your upcoming wedding!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely like and got the comment..I'm a dreamer and not the only one, Missy! That would be a good tag line!

As I sit here, I knew I would regret naming anyone, because so many could choose different things for me! Aside from Missy and antique jewelry, Sharon could find me wonderful vintage Tiffany pieces, the girls on the VCA thread could choose those pieces for me, MrsBlop loves the classic, elegant look that I love....I could keep going on and on! I think I just need a shopping trip with all of you!

But NY is very high on my list, Missy! Definitely hope to see you in the next year. Bright Ice and I are planning on it!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1473340134|4074335 said:
I definitely like and got the comment..I'm a dreamer and not the only one, Missy! That would be a good tag line!

As I sit here, I knew I would regret naming anyone, because so many could choose different things for me! Aside from Missy and antique jewelry, Sharon could find me wonderful vintage Tiffany pieces, the girls on the VCA thread could choose those pieces for me, MrsBlop loves the classic, elegant look that I love....I could keep going on and on! I think I just need a shopping trip with all of you!

But NY is very high on my list, Missy! Definitely hope to see you in the next year. Bright Ice and I are planning on it!

Shopping trip? Did somebody say...shopping trip?? :bigsmile:

DS, I know EXACTLY what I'd get you; a 2 ct colorless (D/E/F) OEC with perfect stats in an elegant Singlestone setting (one of their earlier styles) with just a smattering of bling on the shank and a delicate halo with CVB undertones. And the world's tiniest prongs. Second option - same stone - Van Craeynest setting but with a more intricate head (I always thought their heads let down their beautiful shanks).

And then the matching earrings. :mrgreen:

ETA DS, for 40, 50, 60k etc I would MAKE Jonathan find and cut you the perfect, super white, AVR!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For my jewelry surrogates, I would choose iluvcarats, because she loves good metal work as much as me, frankiextah because she's fearless in her ability to hound a jeweler over details and is an absolute perfectionist, and RandG, m-2-b or Mrs Flintstone, because these ladies all like 'the big ones' - and so do I!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs-b|1473352071|4074388 said:
diamondseeker2006|1473340134|4074335 said:

Shopping trip? Did somebody say...shopping trip?? :bigsmile:

DS, I know EXACTLY what I'd get you; a 2 ct colorless (D/E/F) OEC with perfect stats in an elegant Singlestone setting (one of their earlier styles) with just a smattering of bling on the shank and a delicate halo with CVB undertones. And the world's tiniest prongs. Second option - same stone - Van Craeynest setting but with a more intricate head (I always thought their heads let down their beautiful shanks).

And then the matching earrings. :mrgreen:

ETA DS, for 40, 50, 60k etc I would MAKE Jonathan find and cut you the perfect, super white, AVR!

That sounds like an excellent plan, MrsB!!!! :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1473194783|4073814 said:
lyra|1473178803|4073703 said:
I would choose Gypsy. She's already helped me pick out dishes and flatware. I would choose the $15k option. I'm pretty sure it would be perfect. (I am thinking the colour green.)

Nicest tsavorite three stone I could put together for you.

Just getting back to this thread. Perfect choice of course! I think you and I have a love for the green stones. :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1473220366|4073965 said:
LLJsmom|1473143907|4073587 said:
marcy|1473129118|4073538 said:
Fun idea Gypsy.

Here is what I'd pick for LLJsmom. An icy colorless EC in platinum. In that price range it would only be about 1 3/4 carat but would be a nice size. I remember you were toying with getting an EC when you were searching for your current diamond.

Marcy

MARCY = MIND READER. You know I'm thinking about your E EC Marcy. I am so inspired by that icy emerald. It gives me chills. Get it?! :lol:

Thank you Marcy. I have something very specific on my vision board now. :D

LLJsmom, my EC was the first ring I dug out to wear when we got home.

Here is what pick for the $40,000 ring. It is a 3.02 E VS2 and .23 ctw diamond accent platinum ring. It's purdy! :appl:

E for Emerald cut...Nuff said...ehhh. Not really. I would SO love this Marcy. It's perfect. Dang it!! If I could only do a big DO-OVER.

I have even played around with the idea of getting a little one for fun, bezel it and make it a stacker. But I am worried I will become addicted to it. Oh dear, did I just talk myself into my next project??

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1473397384|4074520 said:
marcy|1473220366|4073965 said:
LLJsmom|1473143907|4073587 said:
marcy|1473129118|4073538 said:
Fun idea Gypsy.

Here is what I'd pick for LLJsmom. An icy colorless EC in platinum. In that price range it would only be about 1 3/4 carat but would be a nice size. I remember you were toying with getting an EC when you were searching for your current diamond.

Marcy

MARCY = MIND READER. You know I'm thinking about your E EC Marcy. I am so inspired by that icy emerald. It gives me chills. Get it?! :lol:

Thank you Marcy. I have something very specific on my vision board now. :D

LLJsmom, my EC was the first ring I dug out to wear when we got home.

Here is what pick for the $40,000 ring. It is a 3.02 E VS2 and .23 ctw diamond accent platinum ring. It's purdy! :appl:

E for Emerald cut...Nuff said...ehhh. Not really. I would SO love this Marcy. It's perfect. Dang it!! If I could only do a big DO-OVER.

I have even played around with the idea of getting a little one for fun, bezel it and make it a stacker. But I am worried I will become addicted to it. Oh dear, did I just talk myself into my next project??

Having a list of projects is always a good idea. :wavey:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1473100948|4073417 said:
Kenny, b/c he would pick an Octavia or MRB on tension setting.

I would pick either Kenny or DF for this reason! :bigsmile: :lol:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cute thread! Love the idea. I pick Niel because she always weighs in on my threads when I have jewellery questions :)

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS obviously she has incredible taste and isn't afraid to ask others for info, so I see it as a perfect blend!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1473177612|4073695 said:
Gypsy - I don't think I can choose you under the rules. I'm torn between canuk-gal, missy, and cflutist.

Since I really can't see myself wearing something worth $40,000 :lol: I think I'd split the sum between cflutist and canuk-gal! (Sorry c-g, but I suspect you could have a lot of fun shopping with even a mere ;-) $20,000 - and I know you'd find something fabulous!)

WOT a nice thing to say!! :)) Here ya go......

https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/rings/cocktail-rings/art-deco-dreicer-co-emerald-diamond-platinum-twin-ring/id-j_1951893/

cheers--Sharon

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somebody shop for me - I need some enabling :naughty:

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Probably Fortekitty - She has a great eye and I like preloved treasures.

or Dancing Fire - I feel like he'd find me something safe style-wise, but of impeccable value for the money.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results