shape
carat
color
clarity

PS game

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy - I don't think I can choose you under the rules. I'm torn between canuk-gal, missy, and cflutist.

Since I really can't see myself wearing something worth $40,000 :lol: I think I'd split the sum between cflutist and canuk-gal! (Sorry c-g, but I suspect you could have a lot of fun shopping with even a mere ;-) $20,000 - and I know you'd find something fabulous!)

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would choose Gypsy. She's already helped me pick out dishes and flatware. I would choose the $15k option. I'm pretty sure it would be perfect. (I am thinking the colour green.)

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm this is tougher than I thought! I think it depends on what I'm in the mood for. If I wanted an WF stunner I would pick diamond seeker. If I wanted an amazing colored stone piece I'd pick TL, Acinom, or NKOTB. If I wanted a cool designer heavy gold piece I'd pick AGBF. I couldn't go wrong with any of these choices.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm...so many people come to mind

Missy because I love her taste. It's a little different than my own, but I love what she picks and think that sometimes I need to branch out a little bit from my usual.

Diamond seeker because I love everything she owns and I know she'd pick something gorgeous.

Yssie because she has an eye for details in a way I don't, but still manages to put together pieces with the classic, clean lines I adore.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
lyra|1473178803|4073703 said:
I would choose Gypsy. She's already helped me pick out dishes and flatware. I would choose the $15k option. I'm pretty sure it would be perfect. (I am thinking the colour green.)

Nicest tsavorite three stone I could put together for you.

tmp_11613-sue_369_org_z1352295844.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will be either mochiko42 or Acinom.

Late to the party as I am camping in a site with limited mobile and wifi coverage.

DK :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1473138984|4073568 said:
For you?

It depends on what I am choosing.

Maybe that would be an amendment to the rules. You get to specify type of item you would like (at least specify necklace, RHR, alternate ering, or earrings or bracelet).

For me it would be a RHR.

For you? I know you have a lot of beautiful rings. So I may want to pick a pendant and earrings for you. A suite of sapphire earrings and necklace that I worked with CVB to design for you, to go with your lovely halo ring.

Or for diamonds? It depends on the piece. You and I both have our eye on that 2.9 carat J OEC from Grace. I might get that for you as an alternate e-ring... since your daughter mentioned how modest your AVC is for PS parties! :lol: Put it in a Vancraynest setting or in a CVB setting.

You and I both appreciate quality and workmanship over size and blinginess and neither of us, in terms of everyday pieces, look for ostentation. But we do appreciate it and don't mind a little dazzle in our 'dress up' or alternate pieces.

Alternately, if you like bracelets, that might be an option. Maybe a Van Clef piece or something. Or maybe a true vintage Tiffany piece like this: http://www.langantiques.com/vintage-jewelry/tiffany-co-art-deco-diamond-bracelet.html Although that may be too ostentatious for you. The cut on the stones is fabulous though.

Ahhahahahahaha!!!!! :lol: You remembered my daughter saying that I needed to step up my game if I am to continue to go to PS parties! She saw the hand pic with all the BIG rings!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I totally know you could choose for me! That Tiffany bracelet is magnificent, but the PS GTG might be the only place I could wear it. A nice antique Tiffany french cut line bracelet in platinum might be a little more wearable... :lol: .

Everything you mentioned sounds great!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhea|1473119144|4073486 said:
Since we get to pick more than one I'm adding to my list.
Yssie and Niel.

Yssie knows how to make even the most classic settings stunning and appreciates both older and newer cuts.
Niel knows how to stretch a buck, isn't fearful of lower colours, and understands the importance of settings rather than just a big rock on a small band.

I've this were to ever happen I know I wouldn't end up with a single huge safe G colour, VS clarity diamond solitaire in the most basic setting that I could "upgrade later". Even just typing my worst case scenario made me cringe.

arkieb1 said:
Acinom for something colourful & stylish, Niel for finding something outstanding with that budget amount, and Gypsy for finding the best cut diamonds. That would be my top 3.

Well thanks ladies I would do my best lol!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a tough one but I think id pick arkie.

If I was going to spend this money it would be on a red ruby/spinel. And I feel like she know what color I'm after and knows the people to find it.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1473123883|4073509 said:
kathley|1473078873|4073352 said:
Without hesitation, I would pick Diamondseeker!

m-2-b said:
Would have to be Diamondseeker or Yssie for me!

Queenie60 said:
In no order - Pinto Bean, Gypsy or Diamondseeker, Mrs-Blop

december-fire said:
Gypsy,

There are so many wonderful people on PS and all the jewellery is amazing.

However, I immediately knew Diamondseeker would be my choice even before I finished reading your initial post.

I'm willing to wait in line behind you and everyone else who picked Diamondseeker.

If I tell you why I pick Diamondseeker, it will be breaking the rule about not giving hints. ;))

It can be assumed that I have no jewellery to speak of; a couple of my rings have 'shrunk' over the years. :lol:

Thank you all so much, this makes me so happy that you'd have me on your list! In regard to an earlier comment, I have to say that I would always keep the preferences of the person in mind rather than just buy what I would buy for myself!

decmeber-fire, you have me kind of curious!

Madelise, you will be happy to know the ring I am making now is K color! :lol: Yep, the right stone can make one change some priorities!
*THUD*

That was me, hitting the floor. There is NO way you're wearing a K!!!! GET OUT!! :o

This is huge DS. Of course, I guess I don't have to tell YOU that. You've been you for these last many high colored stone years. lol Wow, I've seen everything now. Well, almost. When's this new acquisition gonna be done??! :cheeky:

*still shaking my head*

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1473138941|4073567 said:
DS: the question is, is it being set in something gaudy? :naughty:

Excited to know what you're making and up to!

Listen, I have some of your rings SAVED in my picture files because they are so beautiful! So gaudy? No, I don't think so! Big, maybe! I'd do your sapphire ring in a heartbeat, but a bit smaller due to sapphire prices!!! And your e-ring is just my style!!!! (Although I think you are considering changing that! lol!) Your antique cushion ring is too big for me, but what a killer diamond! :love: I love the ring that probably can't be mentioned at the moment, too! :lol:

The ring I am making is K color, which people like you helped me see is a beautiful color in antique diamonds! :appl:

Here's a gorgeous classy ring that I could choose for you because it is different from the ones you have. I saw it last week in Charleston and it is over budget (Single Stone), so we'd have to cut the size of the center stone just a little! (I want it, too, but I'd have to cut the stone much more!)

ss5ctyellowcushion1.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wildcat03|1473190845|4073795 said:

Missy because I love her taste. It's a little different than my own, but I love what she picks and think that sometimes I need to branch out a little bit from my usual.

Diamond seeker because I love everything she owns and I know she'd pick something gorgeous.

Yssie because she has an eye for details in a way I don't, but still manages to put together pieces with the classic, clean lines I adore.

Thank you! How about I just reset my AVR in a beautiful setting for you?! :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen|1473208215|4073908 said:
Madelise, you will be happy to know the ring I am making now is K color! :lol: Yep, the right stone can make one change some priorities!
*THUD*

That was me, hitting the floor. There is NO way you're wearing a K!!!! GET OUT!! :o

This is huge DS. Of course, I guess I don't have to tell YOU that. You've been you for these last many high colored stone years. lol Wow, I've seen everything now. Well, almost. When's this new acquisition gonna be done??! :cheeky:

*still shaking my head*

LOL!!! Let me say right off that this is not a MRB! I still prefer them in H or higher color for myself!!! I am more open to K or even lower in antique stones, and especially ones with larger facets. Actually, I'd love a light yellow AVC. But I can't keep buying diamonds!!!!

The ring is not made yet, so the final verdict on color is not in yet! We shall see!

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1473208533|4073913 said:

Thank you! How about I just reset my AVR in a beautiful setting for you?! :bigsmile:
Yes, please. I mean, I think that's over budget but who am I to argue ;-)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She raised the imaginary budget to $40k, so we can do the reset and you'd have some $ left over, wildcat!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1473143907|4073587 said:
marcy|1473129118|4073538 said:
Fun idea Gypsy.

Here is what I'd pick for LLJsmom. An icy colorless EC in platinum. In that price range it would only be about 1 3/4 carat but would be a nice size. I remember you were toying with getting an EC when you were searching for your current diamond.

Marcy

MARCY = MIND READER. You know I'm thinking about your E EC Marcy. I am so inspired by that icy emerald. It gives me chills. Get it?! :lol:

Thank you Marcy. I have something very specific on my vision board now. :D

LLJsmom, my EC was the first ring I dug out to wear when we got home.

Here is what pick for the $40,000 ring. It is a 3.02 E VS2 and .23 ctw diamond accent platinum ring. It's purdy! :appl:

screen_shot_2016-09-06_at_9.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I don't remember - do you have ruby earrings to match your necklace? This squeak in under 40K.

screen_shot_2016-09-06_at_10.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sure these are way over 40K (they are sold so no prices posted) but WOW :love: :love: :love:

screen_shot_2016-09-06_at_0.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy said:
I am sure these are way over 40K (they are sold so no prices posted) but WOW :love: :love: :love:

LOVE. Thank you Marcy! And I love the ruby pair too but I already have a favorite ruby pair I wear often so I choose the yellow diamond pair. Thanks! Leon is sure getting a lot of business from us...maybe he will give us a group discount and make everything 40K and under? :bigsmile:

I'm glad you like the blue of the sapphire I chose for you. It's my favorite color.

canuk-gal said:
diamondseeker2006|1473207033|4073898 said:
missy|1473168636|4073644 said:
For Marcy:

<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://www.leonmege.com/portfolio/shop-now/kashmir-sapphire-certified-diamonds-ring-detail</span>

Wait, I am claiming this for myself!!!! :-o :love: :love:

After me ladies!!

Tell you what ladies I have an idea. 8) I will speak to Leon and see if he can make a ring for each of you just as special but a little bit different to so each one of a kind. Just like you lovely ladies. :appl:

And for the record since we can choose more than one person to get something for us I would be honored if Sharon and DiamondSeeker would choose something for me. Both of you ladies have exquisite taste and I know anything you would choose would be something I would love. Heck Sharon over the years you have linked some gorgeous bling for me here and ooh la la don't I wish I had that famous money tree we are always talking about. 8) Sigh.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1473208823|4073915 said:
Ellen|1473208215|4073908 said:
*THUD*

*still shaking my head*

LOL!!! Let me say right off that this is not a MRB! I still prefer them in H or higher color for myself!!! I am more open to K or even lower in antique stones, and especially ones with larger facets. Actually, I'd love a light yellow AVC. But I can't keep buying diamonds!!!!

The ring is not made yet, so the final verdict on color is not in yet! We shall see!

LOL I am happy you are seeing the beauty that lower colors can offer in old cuts with chunky large facets. :appl: I'm telling you the soft glow and colors emanating from an old cut is just amazing and until one sees them in person it cannot be fully appreciated. Cannot wait for this project to be complete and I hope you love it DS. Ellen if you come and visit NYC and I will take you to see some of Adam's beautiful old cuts and see what you think of them in person. I will make sure you have a good visit if you come!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1473208533|4073913 said:

Wildcat, thank you and I am honored. Love DS's idea for you but how about a true antique stone? Is that something you are open to and that way DS can keep her beautiful AVR. Just started looking now and need some more time as I have to go to work this morning sadly lol but here's an option and we can commission Caysie to make a gorgeous setting for you? How about that?

http://www.oldworlddiamonds.com/diamonds.php#

There is no photo of this diamond and of course we need to see it in person (I would be happy to go with you!) but just as a start. 3.19 JVS1 OEC (and Adam has a trade up policy that cannot be beat) and we can negotiate the price perhaps...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1473174001|4073676 said:
Oh Missy, I love the round!!!

Have them size it to a five and ship it whenever it's ready. I promise to post lots of pics when it arrives! :cheeky:

And THANK YOU for choosing such a perfect lovely ring!

You are very welcome and I'm so glad you like it Dee Jay! OK it's a deal. I will have them size it for you. You are so lucky to have a perfect size 5 finger!!! Me and my size 6 fingers are very jealous. :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ac117|1473173966|4073675 said:
Fun game, Gypsy! In no particular order and for the project I do want IRL, I'd choose Gypsy, Missy, Resonance of Life and ForteKitty....could you guess what I'm after with this bunch? :naughty:

But for another project, I'd choose DS, LLJsmom and Phoenix...and I'm not sure if $40k would be enough!! :lol:

OK ac117, I hope I don't choose wrong because I am not sure of what you are looking for but I am honored to be named among some of the PSers you would like to choose for you so here goes. Not sure if you prefer higher colors than this and I need to see this ring in person to be sure but just as a start what do you think? Or would you prefer something different than an OEC ring?
Again we would negotiate on the price. Maybe I can get Niel to help me with that. :cheeky:

https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/rings/engagement-rings/355-carat-old-european-cut-diamond-platinum-engagement-ring/id-j_1768113/

or

https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/rings/engagement-rings/gorgeous-3ct-solitaire-engagement-ring/id-j_161536/

or

https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/rings/engagement-rings/1910-french-old-cut-diamond-platinum-solitaire-ring/id-j_1135162/

singlestone355oec.jpg

singlestone3caratsolitaire.jpg

1910frencholdcutsolitaire.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results