shape
carat
color
clarity

PS 2.0

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I love Pricescope but I find myself coming less and posting less. I frequently get the gateway timeout issue.

I understand the need to upgrade but some of the bugginess and style is causing the frustration. I am also wondering why PS decided to go with PHPBB (which I think this is what it is) instead of say vBulletin,

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
CharmyPoo said:
I love Pricescope but I find myself coming less and posting less. I frequently get the gateway timeout issue.

I understand the need to upgrade but some of the bugginess and style is causing the frustration. I am also wondering why PS decided to go with PHPBB (which I think this is what it is) instead of say vBulletin,

The gateway issue should be gone soon. :appl:
It is part of the system is still indexing the search for all the 2.6 Million posts. We are over 50% complete on the indexing and you should be able to search everything better. The search here is way better then the old system . We just need it to finish the indexing.

In additino it will be faster once the indexes are complete. :)

Both vBulletin and phpBB are considered good forums. It was just a choice.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
lucyandroger said:
I've noticed it too. I still generally keep PS on one of my tabs and check in throughout the day.

But a few times, I've gotten a timed out message and couldn't see the forums - maybe the same thing is happening to others and they're not bothering to try again.

I'm having the same problem with the time-out message. But, there is one thing I love about it. It keeps me logged in even when I close my browser! Before, I'd have to log in every time which kind of bugged me and now I don't have to!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
mayerling said:
lucyandroger said:
I've noticed it too. I still generally keep PS on one of my tabs and check in throughout the day.

But a few times, I've gotten a timed out message and couldn't see the forums - maybe the same thing is happening to others and they're not bothering to try again.

I'm having the same problem with the time-out message. But, there is one thing I love about it. It keeps me logged in even when I close my browser! Before, I'd have to log in every time which kind of bugged me and now I don't have to!

Sorry about the time outs. We hope to have those fixed soon.

Great to hear that the login is working for you.

:)

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
What about the bright blue and the blue writing, I noticed I am not the only one getting sore eyes from it. I browse less now as it strains my eyes, surely that cant be good.

Less intense blues, and more simple contrast .... I love ps and want to be on here too much again.. :wink2:

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
D2B said:
What about the bright blue and the blue writing, I noticed I am not the only one getting sore eyes from it. I browse less now as it strains my eyes, surely that cant be good.

Less intense blues, and more simple contrast .... I love ps and want to be on here too much again.. :wink2:

We are working on it. You should see some minor changes in color by the end of the day.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pink Tower said:
Zoe said:
Why is the date showing up as July 13th? We still have a few more hours to go (well, EST).
Zoe, There are instructions on how to correct the date. I have followed them on different days, but I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. Also, your avatar is a classic example of the problem. Everything seems slightly out of focus, like you are wearing someone else's glasses. I loved this site, but it makes my head hurt now.

Thanks Pink Tower!

Yeah, I've noticed that many avatars, mine included, are very blurry. I just figure that eventually everything will look the way Andrey, Ella, and everyone else at PS intended to. It may take time though but that's okay.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the way I see it, bottom line.

I've invested YEARS in PS. YEARS in YOUR LIVES. For the most part, I like you all, and I am not about to let a little change get in the way of checking up and conversing with such a great group of people.

Now, if you all go away, then I have some rethinking to do!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal said:

I've invested YEARS in PS. YEARS in YOUR LIVES. For the most part, I like you all, and I am not about to let a little change get in the way of checking up and conversing with such a great group of people.

I hear what you're saying. Its just so frustrating. Like crawling toward your friends through sludge. Only one way to get to them: Sludge Highway.

I miss y'all -- but I'm caked in sludge. Oh wait -- maybe ... its .... quicksand.........

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
decodelighted said:
TravelingGal said:

I hear what you're saying. Its just so frustrating. Like crawling toward your friends through sludge. Only one way to get to them: Sludge Highway.

I miss y'all -- but I'm caked in sludge. Oh wait -- maybe ... its .... quicksand.........

Some people's set ups must be working less optimallly than others. I don't know my way around things as well, but speed and the system are working fine. I saw the little diagram Andrey posted and am already using some of the little tips, which make it a lot easier. An improvement, in fact.

No harm in taking a break from friends - but hopefully it's all not permanent! ::)

Steel

Ideal_Rock
The forum colours look so much better! :appl:

Much easier on the peepers.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Steal said:
The forum colours look so much better! :appl:

Much easier on the peepers.

Yes!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes the colors are much softer on the eyes... Thank you Andrey and Team PS!!!!! :appl: :appl:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not having any problems at all and am enjoying the new colors. No problems from my Iphone and no problems with my firefox! Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results