shape
carat
color
clarity

Proof of Angelina's obsession with all things Jen??

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Which brings us back to the fact that Aniston isn't above that sort of thing herself. That said, I don't think anybody can break up a marriage except for the cheating jackass who opts to step out on their partner. I understand that people like to blame the "other man/woman" because it's emotionally easier than condemning somebody you're used to loving as a jerk, but ....

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to say that I don't know anything about Jen's current or more recent relationship status (she has dated a lot of people since she and Brad split - I lost track!), but I'm garnering from this thread that she is dating/has recently dated someone who was in a long term relationship with someone else?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe|1331240030|3144236 said:
Which brings us back to the fact that Aniston isn't above that sort of thing herself. That said, I don't think anybody can break up a marriage except for the cheating jackass who opts to step out on their partner. I understand that people like to blame the "other man/woman" because it's emotionally easier than condemning somebody you're used to loving as a jerk, but ....
And agreed on the rest, but after you read a bit about Angelina, it's hard to think that she wouldn't be afraid to go after another woman's man...or man's man or woman's woman or man's woman....and that she'd probably be very successful in her pursuit.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
FrekeChild|1331241443|3144269 said:
And agreed on the rest, but after you read a bit about Angelina, it's hard to think that she wouldn't be afraid to go after another woman's man...or man's man or woman's woman or man's woman....and that she'd probably be very successful in her pursuit.

I agree ... and yeah, it's definitely scary to put yourself in the shoes of the "woman scorned" to imagine The Most Beautiful Woman in the World (Who is Also a UN Ambassador) going after your man. Who could resist?

A decent guy could. And even if he wanted to get with her, he'd do the honorable thing of getting his divorce, waiting a decent amount of time, and THEN following up on things (which, to be fair to Pitt, is what they both say happened).

I'm just always fascinated by the fact that while Jolie's derided as a homewrecker, nobody faults the putative actual cheater.

Side-note: I was teaching Othello the other day, and it struck me that while we have a commonly used word for men who are cheated upon - cuckold - with women who are cheated on, we just call them ... women. Damned depressing is what I call it.

P.S. - There was a word for it - cuckqueen. It was used for a hot minute in the 17th century, and dropped precipitously, one assumes from overuse, or possibly pure uneuphonious silliness.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I find Brangelina's constant flaunting of their relationship in the media to be annoying in and of itself, without regard to "who stole who from whom" or whether the cheater is more or less at fault than the person with whom he cheated. In other words, I would find them cloying even if it was a first relationship for both. The flaunting screams "Look at us! We're not only beautiful and wealthy, we're in love and we're togetherrrrrr! We have all these kids but we looooove it because we are the best parents in the world!" I find this behavior, when people can't stop talking about their wonderful relationship or how much they love their family life, off-putting in real life too. Maybe I'm just a sourpuss.

It doesn't change how I feel about their work. Loved Jolie in Gia and Girl Interrupted, thought she was dull as hell in Changeling and A Mighty Heart, action films are not my genre, haven't seen much else. I like Pitt in films. I just watched Moneyball over the weekend and loved it even though I don't give a whit about baseball. Do I think he's a great actor? Not top-notch great, but I can't think of a movie I've seen that he's been in that I haven't enjoyed.

As for Aniston, I find it amusing that she's always taken to task in the media for making a career playing Rachel. She plays a great Rachel. Years ago, I saw The Good Girl, a dark comedy where she plays a dumpy suburban housewife, on t.v.and was impressed with her performance and the fact that she can actually do something other than "Rachel!" Well, rather than looking for "artistic integrity" she decided to follow the money and go back to playing Rachel. It may bother the critics but she's laughing all the way to the bank. The only thing that bothers me about Aniston is how many times I've been subjected to pictures of her in a bikini. It's not just that I'm jealous of her perfectly toned body, gorgeous hair and great tan (I am), it's the fact that this woman is seemingly ALWAYS in a bikini. She's in Cabo, she's in Hawaii, she's at Lake Como....Waaaaaaahhhhh, I'm stuck in Maine!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maria, you put that beautifully. Agreed with just about every word!

iugurl

Shiny_Rock

I agree that the married person is the person at fault for breaking up a marriage. However, a GOOD person would not begin/continue in an affair with a married man/woman. It is wrong. Plus, Angelina said in an interview, "not a lot of people get to see a movie where their parents fell in love." Obviously the affair (whether physical or not, it was an affair!!) did occur while he was still married on the set of Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

If your husband left you for someone else, regardless that it was his fault, I doubt you would declare the woman a "good" person.

I really can't stand watching Angelina Jolie or Brad Pitt. I think they are very selfish and self-absorbed people. I don't think Angelina meant to copy Jennifer with that dress, as black dresses with a slit are common. However, the way she walked around and stood up on the stage was ridiculous and hilarious! How can she blame her stylist!??? The dress was not my favorite, but it would not have been that big of a deal if she didn't shove her leg out like that the whole time.

Plus, is everyone's memory wiped of when she declared she was in love with her brother and proceeded to make out with him? Or the fact that she carried a vial of blood of Billy Bob Thornton? She showed up to one of her weddings with words written on herself with blood. She will do anything for attention.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
What I don't get, is why Brad is viewed as some great PRIZE!? Psh, if I were Jennifer Aniston I'd be glad to be rid of that stinky man. I no longer find him remotely attractive and I think he is a self centered jerk.

I've always been a little "Team Jen," but I love Friends. I think they are both decent actresses and they both support wonderful causes. I just think at the heart of it, Jen "seems" like a nicer person.

I think half of Angelina's humanitarian efforts are for fame and just to make herself look good. She and Brad are kind of ICK to me!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Remember when AJ and Billy Bob wore vials of each other's blood? Yeah, that's pretty much the moment I decided she was a weirdy.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
iugurl|1331254456|3144546 said:
I don't think Angelina meant to copy Jennifer with that dress, as black dresses with a slit are common. However, the way she walked around and stood up on the stage was ridiculous and hilarious! How can she blame her stylist!??? The dress was not my favorite, but it would not have been that big of a deal if she didn't shove her leg out like that the whole time.

I completely agree with this. And it is so hilariously written.

I think her humanitarian stuff is genuine, but the public manner in which it is portrayed is off putting. Sometimes it's nicer to do a good need and disappear. I get that a UN Ambassador has to be visible, but she was very visible before getting that position (which is probably why they hired her.) At the end though, I appreciate that she does this, and has adopted many children.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results