shape
carat
color
clarity

Proffesions that attract Jerks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
For a second I was really offended...that the legal profession attracts jerks..but then I thought about who I deal with on a daily basis LOL...You''re so right :)

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 7:51:11 AM
Author: novia
my staff ALWAYS refers to me by my first name, including in patient rooms. i insist on it. we are a team. my medical students also call me by my first name. yes, there is a heirarchy, but that doesn''t mean we all have to follow it. i am novia and, yes, i happen to be a physician, but you already knew that. that''s why you''re here.

Novia, that is so refreshing . . .
9.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 5:21:53 PM
Author: wifey2b
ok, one more - and how can I say this respectfully, only applying to one... Some Ministers...
like mine who asked me on Sunday in front of the whole adult class how I would like to have the stork come and visit me so I could build my own little nest...A slap in the face seeing as I had to have a complete hysterectomy just a year ago due to cancer...oh yes...and about a month ago he preached - cancer was a judgement - so I'm up you know what creek without a paddle I guess
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
All I have been doing since Sunday...
29.gif

guess I shouldn't have answered this one eh lol
Wifey2b, maybe you and my mother go to the same church. My mother's minister also made a comment about cancer being a judgement several years ago-- right after she went to him for spiritual guidance when she was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Just what she needed huh? I'm really sorry about your minister. He is wrong-- you do know that I hope. Cancer can be a test of faith by God, but not a judgement of it. Unfortunately, "men (and women) of God" can be just as arrogant, prejudiced and insensitive as anyone else. I'm sorry that yours is like that. It seems to me like the only judgement coming down is from the minister himself!! Going to worship should lift you up, never bring you down. I guess God changed His mind about judgment in my mom's case. She has now passed the 10 year mark of being cancer free and we are thankful that He has granted us all more time on earth with her. I wish the same good health for you, wifey2b

Most recently, my mom's minister informed the congregation that Sunday school classes should only be taught by men. My mother's class is women only. How does that work exactly?? Fortunately, Mom's minister has also informed the congregation that he will be moving on soon to a new church.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 10:11:32 AM
Author: moremoremore
For a second I was really offended...that the legal profession attracts jerks..but then I thought about who I deal with on a daily basis LOL...You''re so right :)

LMAO!!!! That''s a riot.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I agree about engineers and aspergers. I have met my fair share. I also have 2 sons with aspergers syndrome and they are so darned smart and technical driven, very high IQ. When my oldest was diagnosed I was devastated and worried about his future. His therapist was telling me there are all sorts of careers he could thrive at, namely ones that don''t require a lot of social functioning or that accept "ecentric" behvior. She mentioned engineeriing, bench scientist among others.

Anyhow, my oldest has decided he wants to be a researcher and get his PhD. He is only 10 and I have NO doubt that he will meet his goal.

Oh and doctors and jerks, I could not agree more. I have a lot of PhDs and MDs in my family and DH''s family and lets just say I have enough family members between the two of us that have egos that fill a room. Put enough of them together and it makes for unpleasant family gatherings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results