shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Charlene is Preggers

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats to both of them! Hopefully there will be new bling to commemorate the event for them!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did THAT happen? :o

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations but the poor girl never looks happy.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1401499961|3683571 said:
How did THAT happen? :o

There are other ways ;))

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I hope she is happy. I feel like she is in a gilded cage, but I don't really know.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Maybe I missed the memo, but why is it such a surprise that she is pregnant?

+1

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rumor is, he's gay.
Bachelor into his 50s. Hmmm.
Google around, even Wikipedia brings it up.

That said he, has fathered a couple kids out of wedlock ... perhaps to battle the rumors he spent his lifetime denying.
DNA tests were needed to get him to pay support for his kids.
A deadbeat Royal. Disgusting. :nono:

As gays gain equality it will be interesting to watch what becomes of that suddenly akward rule that thrones can only be inherited by a biological child born in wedlock.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I think the gay rumors were, um, put to bed some time ago. :lol: Two out of wedlock kids & countless (female) flight attendants later....

You did miss the memo, Mayerling. A middle-aged (paunchy) bachelor = no heir. He finally got married a couple years ago & no baby came along in the 1st 15 minutes so the elegant press got obsessed with every tiny bulge in her dresses. THis girl frustrates me no end because I love to see fabulous jewelry & royals are the few who have it -- Albert is reportedly worth around a billion bucks & his wife wears almost no jewelry ever. I mean, a wedding ring is major jewels for her. How can you be young, pretty, rich as heck, living on the Riviera, royal, and not wear jewels? Cracked.

I am awfully tired of harking back to the idiotic rumor that she tried to run away from the wedding, over which she & hubby won a suit against the mag. She does not look unhappy, quite the contrary -- though she may not have gotten the advice Diana gave Fergie about pubic appearances: "smile smile smile smile smile." She said in an interview that Albert is the "love of her life" -- I guess her life probably hasn't had many loves in that case, or some people like sleazy characters. At any rate, that's the story.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't believe for a minute he is the love of her life. I think it's a contract at this point. Give me and heir and you get a big divorce settlement. I think like Diana she went in for love but he can't keep his pickle in his pants. Reality is he plays around, and maybe bats both ways. They will be divorced on 10 years.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, April. Yes, I had read all the rumors. Maybe, she had some infertility problems, so it took a bit longer to get pregnant.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laurie and AprilBaby, you crack me up!

JewelFreak|1401556565|3683819 said:
I think the gay rumors were, um, put to bed some time ago. :lol: Two out of wedlock kids & countless (female) flight attendants later....

You did miss the memo, Mayerling. A middle-aged (paunchy) bachelor = no heir. He finally got married a couple years ago & no baby came along in the 1st 15 minutes so the elegant press got obsessed with every tiny bulge in her dresses. THis girl frustrates me no end because I love to see fabulous jewelry & royals are the few who have it -- Albert is reportedly worth around a billion bucks & his wife wears almost no jewelry ever. I mean, a wedding ring is major jewels for her. How can you be young, pretty, rich as heck, living on the Riviera, royal, and not wear jewels? Cracked.

I am awfully tired of harking back to the idiotic rumor that she tried to run away from the wedding, over which she & hubby won a suit against the mag. She does not look unhappy, quite the contrary -- though she may not have gotten the advice Diana gave Fergie about pubic appearances: "smile smile smile smile smile." She said in an interview that Albert is the "love of her life" -- I guess her life probably hasn't had many loves in that case, or some people like sleazy characters. At any rate, that's the story.

AprilBaby said:
I don't believe for a minute he is the love of her life. I think it's a contract at this point. Give me and heir and you get a big divorce settlement. I think like Diana she went in for love but he can't keep his pickle in his pants. Reality is he plays around, and maybe bats both ways. They will be divorced on 10 years.

I was wondering why if he already has two kids that this baby would replace Caroline as the heir to the throne; now I understand just how important these things are. :roll:

Saoirse2

Shiny_Rock
AprilBaby|1401559302|3683843 said:

I believe that's the case. He was quite lucky keeping his adult daughter at bay :$$): WIth his son Alexandre [with the stewardess Nicole Coste], no one really cared about the 'scandal'. I guess he wants a 'legit' kid this time around? :devil:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1401556565|3683819 said:

I remember an announcement of Albert having had another out-of-wedlock child with some woman while he was engaged to Charlene just before their wedding. You don't recall that, Laurie? Then I do remember seeing the video of her weeping at her wedding, even if she didn't try to flee. That didn't look like tears of joy to me.

I know your position on all this. You really just want to see her wear her jewels. I have wondered all along if she refuses to wear them because she is, "on strike". Not wearing them to that wedding (in Sweden?) was particularly striking (no pun intended)*.

Deb :wavey:

*The occasion was Princess Madeleine's wedding and if you look at the photos of her wedding day you will see that every other royal lady was wearing jewels, usually both a tiara and a sash. Only the girlfriend of one royal was wearing just earrings! Charlene had on no jewelry whatsoever. I know that we discussed this on another Pricescope forum at the time of that wedding.

Photos from wedding...http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/madeleine-of-sweden-chris-oneill/201306091389/princess-madeleine-sweden-wedding-best-moments/

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1401627507|3684319 said:
I have wondered all along if she refuses to wear them because she is, "on strike". Not wearing them to that wedding (in Sweden?) was particularly striking (no pun intended).
Given how little jewelry (often none) she wore in the years preceding the marriage, I think she's simply a jewelry minimalist.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MollyMalone|1401629812|3684337 said:
AGBF|1401627507|3684319 said:
I have wondered all along if she refuses to wear them because she is, "on strike". Not wearing them to that wedding (in Sweden?) was particularly striking (no pun intended).

Given how little jewelry (often none) she wore in the years preceding the marriage, I think she's simply a jewelry minimalist.

You may be right. If that is the case, she may need some of the type of counseling about appropriate attire you have given to your subordinates at work. ;)) Tailored for royals, of course. Because she stuck out like a sore thumb at Princess Madeleine's wedding, which should not have been the case. If all the other royal women wore tiaras, she should have worn one, too. She was not there as a private individual, but to represent Monaco. It was her job.

Of course, that is only my opinion and the matter is hardly earth shaking...except to those of us who wanted to see that tiara of hers worn at long last!

Deb/AGBF
:wavey:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I think you're right, MM. Sorry to say, boooo. It frustrates my little jewel-loving heart no end.

Deb -- Monaco is a social snakepit. I've read several (outside) friends of Grace saying that she never had any Monagasque friends, the intrigue was so high. Grace's good buddy, maid of honor, said that Grace spent her first year as princess constantly in tears. The place is small, rich, idle, superficial, and everybody wants the biggest piece of whatever pie.

I feel kind of sorry for Charlene: Olympic-level athletes, if you've ever read anything about their lives, spend nearly every waking moment except school hours on their sport, often living away from home with their coach's family, etc. They don't have time for dates, the prom, messing around with friends. Therefore, they do not learn social skills other middle- & high-school kids take for granted. Nancy Kerrigan talked often about this difficulty when she became an overnight worldwide celebrity. I also read that Charlene was terrified of doing something gauche that would embarrass Albert's family. (Embarrass the Grimaldis? Is it possible? :( ) So it's not hard to understand why she was fairly stiff at the beginning. She seems much more at ease now.

None of it matters in real life, but it annoys me when so many people read headlines & believe them because they saw it written down. Contrary to what their common sense tells them.
1. This rumor included guards getting on a plane to S. Africa & taking Charlene off, and confiscating her passport. Bah! No country can take away the passport of another country from its citizens. Absolutely ridiculous.
2. Charlene was in Rhodesia 2 weeks before the wedding with some of the women in the wedding party. If she'd wanted to go home, she could have, right then.
3. Look at current photos of her & icky old Albert. Smiling. Touching. Leaning into one another, like when watching sporting events. Laughing together.
4. Her tears during the wedding, she explained later, were of happiness & amazement that the whole world was in a way celebrating her wedding with her. I can dig that. Plus, she was probably overwhelmed & exhausted -- see "social skills."
5. They filed suit against the mag originating the rumor & won the case. No proof presented that any of it was true.

Stupid reporters, jumping on the bandwagon, wrote endlessly about the "lack of joy" and "stiffness" at the civil marriage, as opposed to Grace & Rainier's. Bosh. Lots of photos at the time showed C & A holding hands across the chair arms, smiling at each other, all the usual bride stuff. Who looks stiffer here?

This looks to me like your garden-variety blissful bride, right after the civil ceremony. Even if Albert seems a fatuous old fart.

Sorry, a lot of wordage over nothing. I got it off my chest, though -- tired of people going on about "unhappy, miserable, contract..blah" when she looks perfectly content. She's not a smiley-smiley type like Diana was or Kate is. If you want to find a royal who looks unhappy a lot, check out Letizia of Spain. Sourpuss.

ETA: I agree totally about the Swedish wedding. Her lack of a tiara was disrespectful & gauche. Yucky dress too. When you're royal, you gotta walk the walk...er...wear the tiara, PLEASE.

civilweddingt6-mariage_princier_le_prince_rainier_iii_et_la_princesse_grace_1.jpg

_18817.jpg

_18818.jpg

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Despite the evidence to the contrary (e.g., the fact that neither mother of his out-of-wedlock children has ever claimed that Prince Albert, did not provide monetary support; the homes in which the mothers-and-child lived), kenny isn't the only one who's been led to believe that the Prince was a financially deadbeat dad. So yeah, gossip mills are often wrong.

As a consolation prize for not seeing it on her head at the Swedish wedding, here's the Van Cleef & Arpels creation, in both its tiara and necklace forms!
ETA: I just noticed that it's JaneSmith's avatar :))
https://www.pricescope.com/users/janesmith

oceana_as_necklace.jpg

princess_charlene_oceana_tiara.jpg

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
AprilBaby|1401559302|3683843 said:

:lol: tee hee! I'm going to print that out and hang it on my wall, just to see if it comes true. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results