shape
carat
color
clarity

post pics of your rescue critters

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
In light of recent threads:

Here's my booger Scout

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
lets try this again.

newness 266.JPG

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
First up our most recent addition, Oscar. Found by my parents, badly injured on the side of the road a few months ago. Nobody claimed him, so we kept him. Vet says he is half jack russel, half beagle. Incredibly affectionate, intelligent dog. Named by PS! Story here.

paul@AoM012.jpg

Followed by my lil jack russel Kim. I swear sometimes I think he might be human...taken home from animal welfare when he was a puppy, 9 years ago.

Kimawieuhfnwej.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I have three, but this is the only I actually got from a shelter - one other was adopted from my brother when his cat had kittens, and the other one wandered into our yard and we just kept her. I''ll post a pic of each.

This is Cleo, our firstborn. We got her from the local shelter at only 5 weeks old and she is very much a mama''s girl. Here she was greeting me when I came home from work.

peekaboocleo.JPG

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
This is the only pic I have of Poofy, the kitty adopted from my brothers litter. You can see me reflected in her eyes
1.gif

poofyeyes.JPG

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
And this is Lil Devil - she has a billion names, and is affectionately called Stupid. She is the one I have mentioned before with balance and sight issues. She falls down a lot and has a hard time focusing on anything (she often swipes at a toy and misses by several inches), but she is a super cuddle bug. My dad is holding her here.

devilbigeyes.JPG

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Monkey - how old was she when you got her? We had a cat who was bitten by a snake and had these issues for the rest of her life!!! My mom brought her and her sister home as kittens after she and a woman FOUND THEM in the woman's car engine
23.gif
. We raised both of them and kept them for Willow's entire life, and Catina up until the move detailed below. Willow (the snake bit) lived only 5 years, the issues seemed to progress with her over time and we couldn't let her be unhappy. She was happy up until the last three months though. Catina is actually still alive and was adopted by the folks who purchased our big farm, because she was an outdoorsy cat who LOVED the barn there, and we didn't want to make her move homes a third time, it wouldn't have been fair to her. She loves them though and they love her
36.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I know I''ve posted these before, but here are Roxy and Buck. Both were strays that we rescued. We adopted Roxy about 5 years ago from a rescue organization. She had a litter of puppies in an apartment complex laundry room. Twelve years ago we found Buck as a 4 month old puppy in a shelter. We love them both to death!!!

buck&roxy.JPG

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is our new kitty Boo-boos. We have had him about a month. He is soooo much fun to play with, hold, love on,
or just watch. Unfortunately he has a kitty cold that we just cant seem to shake and his eye is very weepy
8.gif

boobutts kitty 1.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here he is up close on personal swatting at the camera...

boobutts kitty 2.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the critters! Here are ours:

1. My parents cat, 5yrs now. We got him when he was 4wks old (earlier than they usually give them away!), now he''s 15.5lbs and the pickiest eater I''ve ever seen.

FL39042q09d copy.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2. Tyson the chicken after a bath.

He was a reject in some irradiation trial at JHU. My friend brought him to the dorms (no pets, certainly not test-chickens) but couldn't take care of him as her RA was on top of things, so she gave him to me. My RA was thoroughly amused, and I kept him in my dorm room for a month before taking him home for the summer. When I first got him he was all yellow fuzz, I remember watching every day for a week for his first feather :)... He died
7.gif
late that summer. Actually, in hindsight, bringing a possibly very ill lab animal home really wasn't our best idea...

TYSON40980589.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
our shelter babies! 15months now.

Tortie girl is Gretta, black boy is Garett.

GG4390809870.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And our bed-bath-and-beyond find:

Mina, somewhere near 9months. She''s adjusting so well! She loves playing with that ball of yarn, we don''t let her near it unless we''re watching her because she''ll tangle herself up and try to gnaw her way out.

MINA866038 copy.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
This is Baxter. We adopted him last April from a multi-breed/mix rescue organization. He was found running around loose in the street, bone-thin and starving.

He is one of the sweetest, most cuddly dogs I''ve ever met. We love him.

baxpug1.jpg

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
aww i love my adopted puppy. She''s such a pain in the butt, but I love her! Here''s my dachshund/basset hound mix

heidiyelp.jpg

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
and one with her whole head in the picture
1.gif

heidibonechew.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
ETA.. photos didn't work.. re-try...

pierreone

Shiny_Rock
Here''s Murray, from a Great Pyrenees rescue in our state. Poor guy was a stray and only 45 pounds when he was found at about 2 years old. Now he''s a (too) plump 125.

murray_trotting.jpg

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Our two are rescue kitties. They were so malnourished when they were dropped off at the rescue as kittens that my boy nearly didn''t make it. Apparently the owner of their mother thought that she ate too much and stopped feeding her, so all of the kittens were starving. He dropped them all off at the rescue in a duffle bag. Still makes my heart break to this day!
39.gif

Parker211234.JPG

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Our girl is the most photogenic of the two.

Parker211235.JPG

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
.... but her brother got the make-me-weak baby face.

Toby211236.JPG

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is Cassie. We just celebrated her 8th birthday. She is the love of our lives. She is incredibly intelligent and very sensitive.

Cassie was rescued in North Carolina by a Brooklyn, NY kill shelter after the rest of her litter was drowned. She somehow escaped and survived. Then the North Shore Animal League picked her up from the kill shelter in Brooklyn and the good folks at North Shore kept her in the hospital for two months, treating her pneumonia, her head to tail fleas and conjunctivitis that was so bad that she couldn''t open her eyes. I saw her in their kennel just an hour or two after she was released from their hospital. She was timid and scared, but she took to me right away and wrapped her little paw around my arm and didn''t want to let go. She still does that every night when we watch TV together.

Our Angel Baby.JPG

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Here''s Boz, we got him a few weeks ago. He''s from Montana, a rescue from Calgary picked him up after he was surrendered. His nickname is Devil
11.gif
. We think he has split personality disorder, lol. Either that or he''s part wolf. He''s very wild at times, but it sure keeps life interesting...

This is on his way home, our first day together.

30.gif

bozmanrescuedog112233.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m such a mush that I''d take every last one of these beautiful furbabies pictured. I wish I had a bigger house.

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
Isabella (aka Bella or Bells) -the black cat - and Skye - the longhaire (right now trimmed shorter) siamese

PLEASE MICROCHIP YOUR PETS! ......

We first adopted Skye from a Northwest Animal Companions four years ago after his first family moved away and left him alone inside the house. Two years later he snuck out our front door and we were unable to catch him. After months passed we came to the conclusion that we would never see our Skye again. In March of 2009 we got a call from Simply Cats stating that they had a skinny, longhaired cat that was dropped off to them in a box on their front step with a microchip in our name. When we came to pick sky up he had bad sores from cat fights, was very skinny but in great spirits! He began purring as soon as he saw me
9.gif
, which caused the gal there to cry as Skye had not purred the entire time they had him
7.gif
. He is my big loverboy and I''m so happy to have him home
36.gif

Bells was adopted from the local humane society. I''ve always found all black cats to be very beautiful and fell in love when I saw her. She is only 5lbs full grown but she has ATTITUDE
23.gif
! Plus she''s really brought out the younger cat in Skye. She''s pissy in this photo because Milo, my min pin, kept trying to get her to play.

aaaaaaaaaaaajeohrteiothrweofe.JPG

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First is Miglet. B rescued her from a rescue shelter when she was just a kitten. She is now almost 19 years old. She had been very sick recently. She''s still got a twisted jaw and some infection, but much better.

Miglet on dog bed.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results