shape
carat
color
clarity

Post Interview letters

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I want to do a follow up note to my interviewers (2 gentlemen). What is faux pas these days? Is email appropriate? All correspondence has been email up to now, other than interview ofcourse. If so, do I do "Dear Mr. x and Mr y or email them seperatley?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/5/2008 9:21:15 AM
Author:iwannaprettyone
I want to do a follow up note to my interviewers (2 gentlemen). What is faux pas these days? Is email appropriate? All correspondence has been email up to now, other than interview ofcourse. If so, do I do ''Dear Mr. x and Mr y or email them seperatley?
I would send separate correspondence to both. I would do a professional letter (asap), even though all correspondence has been through e-mail. When I interviewed for my present job, I had e-mail contact with the HR person, but sent professional letters to my interviewers. E-mail is easy. Letters require a bit more effort and may make you stand out from your competition, if they are going the e-mail only route.

Good Luck!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2008 9:33:34 AM
Author: Loves Vintage
Date: 12/5/2008 9:21:15 AM

Author:iwannaprettyone

I want to do a follow up note to my interviewers (2 gentlemen). What is faux pas these days? Is email appropriate? All correspondence has been email up to now, other than interview ofcourse. If so, do I do ''Dear Mr. x and Mr y or email them seperatley?

I would send separate correspondence to both. I would do a professional letter (asap), even though all correspondence has been through e-mail. When I interviewed for my present job, I had e-mail contact with the HR person, but sent professional letters to my interviewers. E-mail is easy. Letters require a bit more effort and may make you stand out from your competition, if they are going the e-mail only route.

Good Luck!!

Agreed. But send it today so they get it in a very timely fashion. Make sure to do some subtle ego stroking too!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2008 10:05:08 AM
Author: iwannaprettyone
Thanks ladies! What kind of stationary??

Very demure notecards if it''s a "traditional" company. Think Crane & Co.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always do typed letters on cream colored resume-type paper/envelopes. Because I''m a lawyer, I always bend toward very professional, but depending upon your profession, I do think that note cards would be very nice.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hmm...I did e-mail notes for all of my recent interviews and that seemed to go over well.

Usually the body of them took the form of something like this:

Dear Mr/Ms X,

Thank you so much for taking the time to interview/speak with me today. I really enjoyed our conversation, and appreciated the opportunity to learn more about company Y.

I was especially interested in/intrigued by/wanting to learn more about our discussion about (insert special topic you discussed to make it personal - either their children/family, something specific about the company or their work there, etc...), and look forward to learning more in the future/talking to you further about this in the future.

Sincerely,
AmberGretchen

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
This is mine...too much?? This is a large corporation in the legal office.

Your Name
Your Address
Your City, State, Zip Code
Your Phone Number
Your Email
Date

Name
Title
Organization
Address
City, State, Zip Code

Dear Mr. R

Thank you for the opportunity to visit with you yesterday, I appreciate your time and consideration in interviewing me for this position.. I found the interview very informative and I am interested in pursuing a future at XYZ Company working in this capacity.

I was particularly impressed with structure and goals of the compliance program at XYZ and feel that I could be a great addition to your current program. Incidentally, the processes the company is beginning to implement quite similar to the ones I have completed during my time in this industry and I feel that my skills and experience would be a good resource for the team.

Again, thank you for your hospitality during my visit, I enjoyed meeting the both you and K and I appreciate your thoroughness in providing me insight into your expectations and the friendliness that was exhibited made me feel very comfortable and I would very much enjoy becoming part of your team. Having heard about your operation and the position, I am all the more enthused about this career opportunity at XYZ.

Please, do not hesitate to contact my references or contact me directly for any addition questions you may have. I look forward to your decision and again, it was a pleasure to meet you.

Sincerely,

kathryn

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
IWPO - I think it looks great, with the exception of the minor word omission, corrected in the revised paragraph below (added the word "are"):

I was particularly impressed with structure and goals of the compliance program at XYZ and feel that I could be a great addition to your current program. Incidentally, the processes the company is beginning to implement ARE quite similar to the ones I have completed during my time in this industry and I feel that my skills and experience would be a good resource for the team.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are two periods after the first sentance in the first paragraph

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
I hope you don''t mind my editing some....

Dear Mr. R

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to visit with you yesterday; (or a .) I appreciate your time and consideration in interviewing me for this position. I found the interview very informative and I am interested in pursuing a future at XYZ Company working in this capacity.

I was particularly impressed with the structure and goals of the compliance program at XYZ and feel that I could be a great addition to your current program. Incidentally, the processes the company is beginning to implement are quite similar to the ones I have completed during my time in this industry and I feel that my skills and experience would be a good resource for the team.

Again, thank you for your hospitality during my visit. I enjoyed meeting the (remove the) both you and K and I appreciate your thoroughness in providing me insight into your expectations. The friendliness that was exhibited made me feel very comfortable and I would very much enjoy becoming part of your team. Having heard (and reading (if applicable)) about your operation and the position, I am all the more enthused about this career opportunity at XYZ.

Please, do not hesitate to contact my references or contact me directly with any additional questions you may have. I look forward to your decision and again, it was a pleasure to meet you.

Sincerely,

kathryn

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you also want to add "the" before "structure" and delete "the" before both.

Did you mention that you have direct experience with implementing similar measures that this team is now implementing? You might want to say (after "incidentally") - "as I mentioned yesterday, "

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Great, thank you so much for looking at this. Isn''t funny how your brain processes and adds words in where they should be so you do not notice they are missing?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/5/2008 12:20:09 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone
Great, thank you so much for looking at this. Isn''t funny how your brain processes and adds words in where they should be so you do not notice they are missing?
Yes! I always step away from something like this for a while and then revisit again later with fresh eyes!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
IWPO: Do you happen to know when they are making thier decision by? If it''s a big company there could be a chance that they have a mail dept, and may have delayed delivery of mail to each separate dept. If they are making their decision in the next week, I would recommend sending an email.

Just my .02

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results