shape
carat
color
clarity

POP Rocks: Show off your manicure/rings

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
SHOW OFF your fresh tips and bling at the same time! I'd like to start a photo thread that shows how manicures (polished or unpolished, professional or at-home) can make our rings POP :love: !! The color or non-color you pick can make your rings glow, sparkle, and twinkle like it never has before! This thread will give manicure ideas to anyone who has bling on their fing (yeah, that was dorky...), including the beauty of buffed, naked nails! Ella at PS said the Hangout is the best place for this topic so the minimum guidelines are: 1) show off your color by including your whole hand plus your bling and 2) give props to the polish brand and color/shade in case we want try it too - and anything else you'd like to add. Post as often as you want - the look of your rings will change with every shade you choose! :appl:

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
This week is casual at work for me: jeans/tee or khakis so I went with a neutral color that has a hint of sheen although it doesn't show up well on camera. It's a Zoya polish, color is Cho. I've seen my ring sparkle better with a brighter color - guess it'll have to wait until next week. :lol:

_8144.jpg

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I agree that it's not the most dynamic polish shade for a photograph, but I bet it looks lovely in person!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
L'Oreal Check Me Out nail polish.

And how I'm currently wearing my set:

Halo, pink sapphire eternity, 3/4 diamond eternity. When I'm in the mood for a bit more sparkle, I add another thin diamond band between the 3/4 eternity and the sapphire eternity. Sparkly fun! :love:

lorealhalo.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Fun topic!!

I call this my "Bling French Manicure" which I did in honor of the Las Vegas GTG last month. It is Essie "Vaniry Fairest" with Opi "Crown Me Already" tips.

orchid_and_manicure.jpg

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
What a great idea!!!

I will post mine as soon as I get a mani.

I broke three nails last night bowling, so my nails look a bit... horror movie-like. ;(

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm surprised this wasn't suggested to be put in the SMTB thread… since it's technically showing off your bling? Anyway, I took this yesterday after I found this sign.

photo_147.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Showing off my AVC!

img_1413.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not as big as you lovely ladies. But I've got nice nails haha

uploadfromtaptalk1374611017425.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ecf8503|1374610640|3488669 said:
Showing off my AVC!

Love that colour! What is it?

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1374610054|3488659 said:
I'm surprised this wasn't suggested to be put in the SMTB thread… since it's technically showing off your bling? Anyway, I took this yesterday after I found this sign.

Madelise: I also thought SMTB was a good location for this thread but the PS folks thought since nail polish/manicures is one of the focal points, it belongs in the Hangout. C'est la vie! Maybe once this thread has multiple pages, I'll ask them to reconsider and move it there.

LaraOnline: Yeah, I could've picked something with more punch for the first mani go-round.

Feb03Bride: Love the hot pink and that halo!

pinkjewel: Ooo, nice flower ring! Is it a lotus flower?

nyc2chigal: LOL on the horror movie-esque nails!

madelise: What fate finding that sign for your mani!

ecf8503: I'm a sucker for solitaires. Lovely color too!

Niel: I don't look good in french manicures - I envy you. Love your rings too, especially the band - is it a rolling band?

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
The pink on here inspired me to go a little watermelony. This is OPIs "A-Rose by Dawn...Broke By Noon." One of my faves this summer. A challenge in Texas is taking a good photo. Outdoors is so bright and sunny that my photo washes out. Inside my lighting makes my ring have a warmer tint but it's really a nice white color IRL. :loopy:

_8234.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
pinkjewel|1374514991|3487773 said:
Fun topic!!

I call this my "Bling French Manicure" which I did in honor of the Las Vegas GTG last month. It is Essie "Vaniry Fairest" with Opi "Crown Me Already" tips.

Wow, your ring is amazing :love: and your manicure matches it perfectly!

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1374610054|3488659 said:

photo_147.jpg

Madelise, does your ring have a thread of its own?

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
Got bored at lunch time today
This was the result :)

na143.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a fun thread! Great idea! Everyone's nails and bling look great.

This is OPI Sand in my Suit. Kind of sorry I didn't go with my recent favorite, My Very First Knockwurst. (who thinks up these names lol)

img_1429.jpg

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Love it Junebug!!!

This thread inspired me to put polish on for the first time in months. (I broke about half my nails and decided to ignore them for awhile.)

Prepolish:

prepolish.jpg

Post polish, with one coat of CHI "Lovey Dovey" (A neutral pearly pink):

lovey1.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bcat i lvoe how many fingers have rings on them.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh Kelinas, did you do your nail art yourself? I love nail art but I don't have a very steady hand! It took years of practice just to be able to paint my own digits.. and I still need a day of wear to wash off and break off the paint that gets all over my skin and cuticles :lol:

Here's the new color of the week, a dark mauve-y pink. I don't know how I feel about it. It's a go-to color for me usually, but this is the first time I've ever been able to beat my nail biting habit for such a long time. I don't know how to feel about this dark of a color on longer nails… Hm.

photo_150.jpg

And since this is one of my favorite pictures I have ever taken (I'm horrible at reflecting colors!), here's a zoomed in shot! :love:
Ane day, I'll get as good as Mara at this! One day!!

rainbowreflectionsupclose.jpg

Ashleigh, I do! It's on a different screen name, though. Search for the 2.16 OEC

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
madelise|1374954014|3491567 said:
Ooh Kelinas, did you do your nail art yourself? I love nail art but I don't have a very steady hand! It took years of practice just to be able to paint my own digits..

Yup :) During my move, I lost my polish collection, so I'm slowly building it back up :D
tomorrow, I'm changing it again, so I'll post again.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelinas|1374957482|3491592 said:
Ooh Kelinas, did you do your nail art yourself? I love nail art but I don't have a very steady hand! It took years of practice just to be able to paint my own digits..

Yup :) During my move, I lost my polish collection, so I'm slowly building it back up :D

That's so awesome, I can't wait to see what you have tomorrow. Are you able to do designs on your right hand too?

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Bastetcat: love the color choice! Hope you enjoy it.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
madelise|1374958028|3491594 said:
Kelinas|1374957482|3491592 said:

That's so awesome, I can't wait to see what you have tomorrow. Are you able to do designs on your right hand too?
sometimes it's a bit crooked but that's if I drank caffeine.
definately tricky.sometimes

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Mine matches my pool this week! Lol

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1374962208.jpg

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
What a fun thread :bigsmile:

Revlon 'Coconut Crush' + top coat of Deborah Lippmann 'Happy Birthday'

.85 FY heart + 1.5 five stone trellis ring

img_20130728_131531.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results