shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll: Should I Buy The Ultimate Diamond Drops?

Should I Buy the Dream Earrings, Or Not?

• Yes

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • No

Votes: 19 48.7%

• Total voters

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Smith-listen up!

Do you want the BEYOND-Enerchi (or meta-Enerchi) enabling session? It goes like this: always buy something huge. Diamond Shrinkage Syndrome WILL sink in. If it happened to me (and it did) and it happened to diamondseeker (and it did), it will happen to you. ds and I were two of the most conservative women who wore only the most classic pieces in the smallest sizes. Now we buy things that only people like (whisper whisper Mara whisper whisper) used to wear in the past!

Do not buy those earrings because they are small. You will regret it when you are saving up for your 3 carat total weight studs.

Hugs,
Deb aka The Voice of Experience
:wavey:

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1379474802|3522685 said:
Smith-listen up!

Do you want the BEYOND-Enerchi (or meta-Enerchi) enabling session? It goes like this: always buy something huge. Diamond Shrinkage Syndrome WILL sink in. If it happened to me (and it did) and it happened to diamondseeker (and it did), it will happen to you. ds and I were two of the most conservative women who wore only the most classic pieces in the smallest sizes. Now we buy things that only people like (whisper whisper Mara whisper whisper) used to wear in the past!

Do not buy those earrings because they are small. You will regret it when you are saving up for your 3 carat total weight studs.

Hugs,

WORD!! :D

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
AGBF said:
Smith-listen up!

Hugs,

Deb, you're terrific & funny too! :wavey:

--- Laurie

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, everyone!

Well, that was an eventful trip. Fire at Logan, airport closed, and no fuel anywhere. Ours was one of the only flights to leave, with enough tiger juice to fly 15 mins up the coast to the airforce base. Having nicked their gas, we were able to fly to London. I think it must have been the captain's British accent that made them hand over 45 tons of fuel. Bit of a smash landing at the base though - my teeth are still embedded in the ceiling. Guess someone wasn't used to landing on a military installation in the dark! Coincidentally, I'm familiar with that base because my niece is in the airforce and works there. I didn't really expect to end up there in a BA 747. And there wasn't even a duty free shop. I feel gypped.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Deb - always buy something huge! That is brilliant. I like it, I like it. These earrings do look big to me, though!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
junebug17|1379456581|3522523 said:
Smith1942|1379441916|3522407 said:
Honestly, where is Enerchi when you need her?

I dunno, I thought I was doing a pretty good job filling in for her! :cheeky: :bigsmile:

You are, Junebug, you are!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Would love to reply more, but am very jetlagged and BA's got my teeth. So long, everyone! Am away at my sister's looking after all the kids tomorrow till Monday. Your responses about the earrings will be running through my dreams till I see them on Monday afternoon.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Buy them, they're gorgeous.
What a cool reason to go home!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
I'm back in the States soon...tonight is my last night at home :((

Anyway, I looked at the earrings. Too small, too small, too small! They just didn't look the same as I remembered, and the diamonds weren't as sparkly as I'd hoped. And at £1,495 pounds, they had to be right.

Always buy something huge, said Deb. I was going round the Lanes today (jewellery quarter of my home town) and in my head I could hear Deb's "voice" going 'Always buy something huge, always buy something huge.' :lol:

So I did!!!! I bought this amazing Art deco style aquamarine ring with step-cut diamond sides! The aqua is 2 carats, oblong, deep saturated blue, and the sides are 0.70 of diamonds, a number of step-cut baguettes each side, very strong lines, 18k. It's being sized and I pick it up tomorrow. It's large, and it cost $2.5k equivalent (£1,550 pounds). And, I've got a ton of jewellery that will go really well with it.

I will wear it on the plane and it will cheer me up. :)

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ahem. Aren't you forgetting something? We want pictures!

Have a safe trip back home.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring sounds beautiful Smith! Looking forward to pics!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
GOOD GIRL, SMITH!! Pictures before you do anything else, please! Loved your account of the beginning of the trip -- gave me a good laugh.

--- Laurie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Smith1942|1380130233|3527116 said:

Anyway, I looked at the earrings. Too small, too small, too small! They just didn't look the same as I remembered, and the diamonds weren't as sparkly as I'd hoped. And at £1,495 pounds, they had to be right.

Always buy something huge, said Deb. I was going round the Lanes today (jewellery quarter of my home town) and in my head I could hear Deb's "voice" going 'Always buy something huge, always buy something huge.'

So I did!!!! I bought this amazing Art deco style aquamarine ring with step-cut diamond sides! The aqua is 2 carats, oblong, deep saturated blue, and the sides are 0.70 of diamonds, a number of step-cut baguettes each side, very strong lines, 18k. It's being sized and I pick it up tomorrow. It's large, and it cost $2.5k equivalent (£1,550 pounds). And, I've got a ton of jewellery that will go really well with it.

Oh, I am so proud!!! My little girl listened to my advice!

Deb, aspiring to become Mara and a Size Queen
;))
:saint:

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
The ring sounds like a great choice!
Can't wait to see pictures!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl:

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Jane, can't wait for pics!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
good decision! can't wait for finger pictures! hint hint hint

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Well done Smith! (And well advised Deb!)

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
No. If you have doubt on a finished piece. There's a lot of uncertainty when one is doing custom because it's hard to determine how it will look in real life, but these earrings are ones you have seen in person. If you don't feel like they're perfect in every single way, I say no.

EDIT: Just saw the update.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1380156864|3527387 said:
Smith1942|1380130233|3527116 said:

Always buy something huge, said Deb. I was going round the Lanes today (jewellery quarter of my home town) and in my head I could hear Deb's "voice" going 'Always buy something huge, always buy something huge.'

Oh, I am so proud!!! My little girl listened to my advice!

Deb, aspiring to become Mara and a Size Queen[/color] ;))
:saint:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! The ring is truly amazing. I just got back late last night (about 4am my time) so am very jetlagged and am sitting here feeling icky because there is no water in our apartment at all! Someone is remodelling in the apartment below but and hopefully the water will be on again soon. I have to do a number of chores but promise I will then take photos of my new ring for SMTB!

I am LOVING wearing a large ring! Took me about 3 hours to convert. When I took it off, my finger felt so light and naked!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Have you seen Kirsty's aqua (she's on location, location, location). Now that's too big. Yours will be PERFECT. :appl:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Rosetta! Just posted pix in SMTB.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results