shape
carat
color
clarity

POLL Need a New Bracelet Name

What is a better name for this type of bracelet?

• Tennis Bracelet

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Eternity Bracelet

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • Diamond Line Bracelet

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I'm tired of this type of bracelet being called a "tennis bracelet". I think it's a slightly dated term, and conjures up 1980's suburban women playing tennis and sweating all over their jewelry. :bigsmile:

I suggest we change the name to Eternity Bracelet. It explains the look right away, and seems more romantic to me.

But I have noticed that fancy auction houses tend to call this type of bracelet a "line bracelet".

What do you think they should be called?

(for those that missed the SMTB thread, this is my 30th anniversary gift from DH, 6+ carats, excellent cut, from IDJ :)) )

_13182.jpg

_13183.jpg

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful bracelet! Congratulations on 30 years!

I've always wondered about the name too. Seems so.... eh. I like your idea of Eternity Bracelet!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1388335035|3582487 said:
I'm tired of this type of bracelet being called a "tennis bracelet". I think it's a slightly dated term, and conjures up 1980's suburban women playing tennis and sweating all over their jewelry. :bigsmile:

I suggest we change the name to Eternity Bracelet. It explains the look right away, and seems more romantic to me.

But I have noticed that fancy auction houses tend to call this type of bracelet a "line bracelet".

What do you think they should be called?

(for those that missed the SMTB thread, this is my 30th anniversary gift from DH, 6+ carats, excellent cut, from IDJ :)) )

Oy.
If I saw that on you IRL iLander I promise, what to call it would be the last thing on my mind :naughty:
But since you asked... I like "eternity bracelet" too ::)

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Carpool-Tunnel Amulet

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the idea of eternity bracelet but lately I have see "line bracelet" to describe it. It makes sense since it is a line, an eternity would be an unbroken circle.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I like "line bracelet" because it's simply descriptive, not a name all slathered with marketing jargon. Hey, congratulations on 30 yrs of marriage! And on a husband who knows how to reward it. :love:

--- Laurie

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Line" bracelet makes sense to me. Not very sexy, though. How about "Yoga bracelet?" Ladies in Lululemon wearing lines of diamonds...

What about tennis shoes used as a catch-all term for athletic footwear? Maybe it's a regional thing, but I always hear people calling their running shoes (or whatever, gym shoes, maybe?) "tennis shoes." I think we should campaign to change that, too!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1388339911|3582533 said:
Carpool-Tunnel Amulet

:appl:

You are the master VL, I don't know which is better carpel or tinnitus. Regardless, I bow to you. :))

cheers--Sharon

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think technically it's a tennis bracelet although I like the term eternity bracelet as well. Line bracelets usually have metal on either side so think a row of diamonds or coloured stones usually calibrated set within a channel I have seen ones that were more like yours also called line bracelets but they usually use square shaped stones like asschers and carre cut stones and they have a sleeker look and less metal between each stone than yours.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
I don't care if you call that bracelet Frank, it's to die for.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the name Eternity Bracelet, though Line Bracelet works fine for me.
Actually, I've always thought it was a little funny, or strange, that we've been calling diamond bracelets "tennis" bracelets for the past 25 or so years, all because Chris Evert was silly enough to wear one to the US Open, then stop the proceedings to find her bracelet when it broke off. I mean, really? She wore a diamond bracelet during a major tennis match? And then we started naming the bracelet after that 'event'?

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Line bracelet.

What a stunner iLander! Congrats on thirty years! :appl:

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I waited years to get my Tennis Bracelet. Don't you change the name on me. LOL. I don't think it sounds dated. It's classic, even if I am wearing it with jeans and sneakers. :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love "eternity bracelet"! Great marketing idea, too! Better to ask for an eternity bracelet for an anniversary than a tennis bracelet, especially since I haven't picked up a tennis racket in 30 years! :bigsmile:

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I like the name 'eternity bracelet'. :wink2:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since the term "tennis Bracelet" harkens back to Chris Everett, who helped put women's tennis on a par with men's tennis, I'll vote to keep the name as is.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Call it in the USA what you want, but I'm sure that in the UK it will always be
known as a tennis bracelet. Don't seem that popular here though.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1388460165|3583531 said:
Since the term "tennis Bracelet" harkens back to Chris Everett, who helped put women's tennis on a par with men's tennis, I'll vote to keep the name as is.

I agree.
however, I would be open to "tennis line" bracelet!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Notice in the UK now, looking at advertisements around Xmas, that wedding rings are now called
commitment rings and partnership rings.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tennis line bracelet is what they are already known as over here.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the kind words and congrats! I am enjoying the bracelet immensely and DH is basking in the points he's made. :sun:

Well, I think we're in a close race here, but eternity bracelet is ahead a little.

Still time to vote! :appl:

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I have really enjoyed this discussion ilander!
I have also been tossing up the possibility of an 'eternity' bracelet, and your pictures are very, very helpful!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
LaraOnline said:
I have really enjoyed this discussion ilander!
I have also been tossing up the possibility of an 'eternity' bracelet, and your pictures are very, very helpful!

Hi Lara! :wavey: Thanks! Here's my original thread on the bracelet, it has some tips about diamond size, etc., that you might find helpful.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/30th-anniversary-6-21-carat-bracelet-from-idj.196244/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/30th-anniversary-6-21-carat-bracelet-from-idj.196244/[/URL]

If you go with IDJ ask them for their best cut piece and let them know it's for a PSer, I think you'll really enjoy it. Years ago, I had a 3 CTW bracelet, but ended up returning it to Costco, the size just wasn't that exciting for my particular taste. This size diamond hits a sweet spot for me.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
gotta say iLander that heretofore I wasn't much into that type of bracelet BUT the picture that has me changing my mind is the one of you very casually dressed in jeans and a sweater rocking that bracelet!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1388773790|3585597 said:
gotta say iLander that heretofore I wasn't much into that type of bracelet BUT the picture that has me changing my mind is the one of you very casually dressed in jeans and a sweater rocking that bracelet!

:D :D :D :D

Thanks, Mozo! :)

I know, right? It also looks good with dressy shorts and a casual collared shirt. Wearing it with a T-shirt is pushing it, though. :sun: Remember how they used to sit so tall, and be made with tons of metal? They're much shorter now, with a very small setting, much more graceful. I have a pic in my original thread.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!

I would call it a line bracelet. Hahahahah Tex, I would mind if you called it 'Frank' either! And VL, you always crack me up.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Tennis Bracelet

tennisbracelet.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid said:
Tennis Bracelet

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vapid, you are always so funny! :bigsmile:

Though I think your tennis bracelet has more wrist coverage than mine. ;(

Keeping warm up there? Did you venture out today since it was a little warmer? That's not going to last, you know, bundle up my friend. I think only us dog owners/walkers can truly appreciate how awful weather can be. :sick:

(me, smug > :sun: )

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Here is the perfect shoe to wear with your tennis bracelet!

tennisshoe.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
OMG! Where did you find those?!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is it bad that I kinda like them? :oops:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results