shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll: Graduate Degrees

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamondLover23

Shiny_Rock
I just got my masters of science in nursing. Will be a family nurse practitioner: taking my cert exam soon!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
I thought this would be an appropiate place to post... I''M DONE!!!
9.gif
I just finished my last final in my urban planning masters program, and I''m so EXCITED!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
I can''t believe I have no more classes, no more homework, no more grades. Ahhh, this feels good! Now just wait till I start working
2.gif
But I''m totally going to enjoy this time being done with school
3.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, Sunkist! That is a GREAT feeling for sure!
36.gif

familystone

Shiny_Rock
Just graduated from seton hall law school in may and am currently studying for the NY and NJ bars

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2006 7:18:54 PM
Author: familystone
Just graduated from seton hall law school in may and am currently studying for the NY and NJ bars
Familystone-

We have Seton Hall in common- I graduated from there with my bachelor''s and my master''s in nursing....we probably crossed paths at some point! Good luck studying!
emwink.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2006 5:57:14 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Congratulations, Sunkist! That is a GREAT feeling for sure!
36.gif

Thank you Diamondseeker!!
9.gif
9.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
lotsa hardworking students here!
and interesting degrees, too.
I got a BA in Music History, then a BS in Accounting, then the CPA exam, then music education certificate, but never taught music.
Now I work on business software

I''d love to study something totally indulgent, like ancient history or philospohy or literature....
keep dreaming!

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing too interesting here - MD 2004. Still another 3 years of training to go till I''m done...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/12/2006 11:03:59 PM
Author: drk
Nothing too interesting here - MD 2004. Still another 3 years of training to go till I''m done...
Are you specializing in something to go 3 additional years?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m *almost* done with my Master''s in Education but it''s on hold right now so I can stay home with my kids..

ocbride2007

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh, I really shoud get on this forum more often... I rarely travel outside of the BWW forum.

I was just wondering this same thing, and thought, gosh, I should post a question!! But CJS, you did it weeks ago!!!

I just finished my first year at Loyola Law School (Los Angeles... There are a few other "Loyola" variations of law schools out there.. no relation, other that that we''re all Jesuit)... two more to go!!!

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
I still have a little ways to go since I am still working on my bachelors, but I plan on getting a Masters in Psychology and then going into counseling. You never know, I may even go for the PhD but that''s SOOO much school! AHHHH

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2006 5:09:14 PM
Author: sunkist
9.gif
I just finished my last final in my urban planning masters program, and I''m so EXCITED!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
I can''t believe I have no more classes, no more homework, no more grades. Ahhh, this feels good! Now just wait till I start working
2.gif
3.gif

Yayyy for you! How wonderful, what an awesome feeling of accomplisment you must have! Smile and wave to the graduate, everyone!

Rezi

Rough_Rock
I have masters in Science, since December 2005. My field is industrial economics and engineering... which means that I know something about everything and much about nothing
9.gif

Actually in Finland MSc''s are know as Diploma Engineers, and I think that same title is also used in Germany.. It is very important to remember that diploma part in the title, as we also have "normal" engineers (the bachelor level degree from polytechnics).

It sounds silly, but if you happen to ask Finnish person if he/she is an engineer, he/she will definitely correct you and tell that he/she is actually a diploma engineer (if that is what he/she really is)
10.gif

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Congrats Sunkist! ENJOY this time bc once you are working you''ll wonder why you didn''t want to stay in school longer.
28.gif

DL

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Just finished my first year of law school and will have my JD in 2008.

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/12/2006 5:09:14 PM
Author: sunkist
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
2.gif
3.gif
COngrats! Doesnt it feel GREAT!!!!! Enjoy the summer!!

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2006 2:37:58 AM
Author: ocbride2007
Oh my gosh, I really shoud get on this forum more often... I rarely travel outside of the BWW forum.

I was just wondering this same thing, and thought, gosh, I should post a question!! But CJS, you did it weeks ago!!!

I just finished my first year at Loyola Law School (Los Angeles... There are a few other ''Loyola'' variations of law schools out there.. no relation, other that that we''re all Jesuit)... two more to go!!!
Hey OCBride! I got my MBA at Loyola Marymount!

Okay, so Master of European Business from EDHEC Business School in France, 2003.
And, MBA from LMU, 2004.

Essentially one set of work, two degrees. Ha!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
Thank you Diamondfan and DiamondLove!! It''s so sweet for you to offer congratulations. I''m so happy and exhausted! I had my graduation ceremony today so now it''s official. Oh and Diamondlove, trust me, I THOUROUGLY enjoyed my time of being a student and not working full time
9.gif
I made the most of every minute of it (sleeping in, staying up late)! Now I''ve got to earn that money so BF and I can get married and start a life! Yayy!!!!!

RedRaider

Rough_Rock
I''m will graduate with my Master''s of Library and Information Science from U of North Texas in December. Yay!

~RedRaider

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Master of Arts in Occupational Therapy, May 2007

WOO HOO only my internships and thesis defense left!

OldBride

Rough_Rock
JD 1977 admitted in California. I am SOOOO old.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
M.A. Early Childhood Special Ed, 2008. Got a while to go yet, just started. =)

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Sunkist...you must feel great right now! I just switched Master''s programs so technically I have just started...yay...but woo hoo for you!

lizzyd

Shiny_Rock
B.A. Mount Holyoke College 1991 (shoulda been in 1983, got a little sidetracked)
Worked as a bond trader on the buy-side for a mutual fund company.

M.B.A. Boston University (1994) Sponsored by a Big 6 accounting firm, for whom I then worked as an indentured servant for a couple of years as an auditor, then was an analyst for a big bank analyzing the financial health of other banks.

1997 got married, retired to have my three boys, will probably never re-enter the rat race again. I love what I do.

Everybody''s degrees sound so interesting.

Perhaps there is a relationship between people who love school (lots of research, long hours on the computer, etc.) and people who love to know everything about diamonds (lots of research, long hours on the computer, etc.) he he.

shinythings

Shiny_Rock
Another Mount Holyoke grad here! I''m currently finishing up my PhD in social psychology with a neuroscience focus. Can''t wait to be done!

lizzyd

Shiny_Rock
Hey there! When were you there? I loved my time at Mount Holyoke. If I had a daughter I'd try to get her interested in it, or at least in one of the seven sisters. Alas, I've had three sons, so none of my children will go to my alma mater. They could follow in their Dad's footsteps though (B.A. Princeton, 1986, PhD Harvard, 1997). Wouldn't be too shabby. It's really funny, I thought I was doin' ok with an M.B.A., but it turns out I'm the least educated one of the family I married into. Talk about over-acheivers...
1.gif
3.gif

eta: Where are getting your PhD? When will you be done?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I start school on Wednesday, I''ll be earning an MA in Education (I want to teach elementary school).

shinythings

Shiny_Rock
lizzyd-I graduated MHC in 2000 and am getting my phd in new york. At first I hated the idea of an all women''s college, but then i loved the experience and am so happy I went!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results