• Yes, I prefer to

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Yes, its my only option

Votes: 36 66.7%

• Total voters

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I pump my own gas. I haven't seen a full service station in years. One of my thoughts when buying a diamond upgrade was..."could I wear this and pump my own gas?" LOL This is such a Pricescope poll.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One can do either here in Connecticut although except in some areas it is hard to find anything except "do it yourself" stations. When I was growing up one's gas was pumped for one. At least when I was a child. I am quite used to pumping gas myself, because when I lived in Virginia it was the only option. However, I go by price, If I have enough points to get 30 cents off a gallon I go to a station connected to a supermarket chain I use and pump it myself. Otherwise, I go to a place that is manned but has a lower price generally. I went there yesterday. I had to speak French. I knew that it was French I would have to speak when the attendant gave me a blank stare when I spoke English. In the past I had gone there once and tried Spanish and I remembered that it was the one place where I actually got to use French which I speak better than Spanish. It was good that we used French because I wanted to know if I could pay the cash price using a $50.00 bill (many places here do not accept them and the cash price is lower). Then the attendant thought I wanted $50.00 worth of gas. So I had to make sure he understood I wanted a full tank (which would cost me more with my Jeep).

My family was proud of me when I came home. My father said that my education had had some value after all. I could buy gasoline.

Deb/AGBF ;))

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our town is one of the few towns on Long Island where "pump your own" is an option but is not mandatory. I've never pumped my own gas and I really don't want to, although I guess I should learn how to in case I ever get stuck somewhere that I have to pump my own. I always carry a half dozen medical grade plastic gloves with me since I was in and out of the hospital a few years ago. Still, the thought of spilling gas by accident.... blechhkkk!

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
It feels funny to admit it, but I've never pumped my own gas. I've either only driven in states where you must have a gas station attendant pump gas or I travel as a passenger in states where gas is pumped by my driver.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Isn't New Jersey one of the states where only attendants are allowed to pump gas? When I first heard this a number of years ago while driving though, I was surprised. I pump my own gas because most gas stations around us are self-serve.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results