shape
carat
color
clarity

Please share your photos of nature, wildlife, etc.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally sat down and selected some photos to post. Dragonflies, butterflies and bees! There was also a close-up of a spider but he didn't make the cut because he's a spider. If you want to see him, and maybe identify what kind of spider he is, I'll post it. But as far as I'm concerned he's a Spiderus Meanimus Creepita Maxima.

Ok, now on with the show of the nice guys! Warning: 26 photos! However, I narrowed that down from 93. :D

img_12188.jpg

img_12189.jpg

img_12190.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

img_12191.jpg

img_12192.jpg

img_12193.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:D

img_12194.jpg

img_12195.jpg

img_12196.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:angel:

img_12197.jpg

img_12198.jpg

img_12199.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And more! :dance:

img_12200.jpg

img_12201.jpg

img_12202.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are they all starting to look the same? :))

img_12203.jpg

img_12204.jpg

img_12205.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dragonflies emerge from their nymph stage and discard the old exterior; a bit like a snake shedding its skin. I think that's the discarded skin under the first dragonfly. Experts please step in and let me know if I'm spreading misinformation. But I 'googled' baby dragonflies and that's what the internet said. So must be right! :lol:

img_12206.jpg

img_12207.jpg

img_12208.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ladies and gentlemen,
May I introduce, in this second photo, the letter R! (Drum roll, please)

img_12209.jpg

img_12210.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Opps! Lost my spot. Have to start over and repost them all. Kidding!
You may now all exhale and say 'Thank Goodness!'.

These are the last ones.
For now. :twisted:

img_12211.jpg

img_12212.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An old picture:

_4708.jpeg

GCGDanielle

Shiny_Rock
I am so happy to see this thread back in action! I love everyone's photos and thanks so much for sharing. :love:

december-fire|1467944957|4052847 said:
There was also a close-up of a spider but he didn't make the cut because he's a spider. If you want to see him, and maybe identify what kind of spider he is, I'll post it. But as far as I'm concerned he's a Spiderus Meanimus Creepita Maxima.

:lol: :lol:

Your photography skills are amazing, which is the only reason why I am asking to see Mr. Spiderus Meanimus Creepita Maxima. I am not a fan of spiders, but I can't resist. Also, I know a fellow who might be able to help identify the creepy crawler... :angel:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madame Bijoux,
What a beautiful butterfly! I don't recall seeing any like that here. I love the wing pattern, and who doesn't love classic black and white. Always elegant. Always in style. Thank you for sharing your photo! :))

GCGDanielle,
Thank you for your kind comment on my photography. I love photography, the great outdoors and animals (except spiders, of course). As per, and only because of, your request, here are two photos. The first to show the massive size of this monster, and then a close-up. Note that by the time I took the second shot, the beast had turned to face me. :-o

img_12223.jpg

img_12224.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't have the last photo posted be that of a spider. So here are some birds.

Black-Crowned Night Heron

I've never seen this guy before. I've seen a lot of Great Blue Herons in the area, but this was my first time seeing this guy. Apparently, there are also Green Herons around here. Despite being called a Black-Crowned Night Heron, I saw him out fishing in the morning.

img_12226.jpg

img_12227.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two more of the Black-Crowned Night Heron, and a Wild Turkey.

img_12228.jpg

img_12229.jpg

img_12230.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red-Winged Blackbird
and
the "Mystery Bird of the Day". Don't know what he is. :confused: :read:

img_12231.jpg

img_12232.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The mystery bird is a Phoebe.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1468012340|4053319 said:
The mystery bird is a Phoebe.

Thank you, Matata! Much appreciated!

:wavey:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
december-fire|1467431894|4050707 said:
I've been busy with other things and haven't gotten out much with my camera. I miss it! However, I've had two outings with my camera this past week and will try to review and share a few photos here. Here's one for now.

By the way, Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians wherever they are in the world. :wavey:
This picture is my FAVORITE!!!! I need a print of this, with the caption, "Some people are born with silver spoons in their mouths. I, on the other hand, was born with a MARSHMALLOW!!!!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Went to see old faithful yesterday

_37994.jpg

_37995.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today at the Academy of Natural Sciences in Philadelphia:

_37996.jpg

_37997.jpg

_37998.jpg

_5143.jpeg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We old dinosaurs love our dinosaurs.

_5144.jpeg

_5145.jpeg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We spent 3 wks hiking in the Southwest. Our first stop was Silverton, CO, at elevation 9318 ft and the wildflowers were at peak on our hikes between 10,000 and 12,000 feet. The little fawn was a regular evening visitor at our cabin in Utah along with sibling and mom.

_38003.jpg

_38004.jpg

_38005.jpg

columbine.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fawn

fawn.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the new additions! Beautiful! :appl:

I haven't posted any photos in a while because just over five weeks ago I went for an unplanned dip in the lake. With my new camera. :doh:

Late afternoon light giving a lovely effect, about 25-30 painted turtles and 2 large snapping turtles sunning themselves on some logs in the lake, and me trying to keep my balance on an incline off the trail. One minute I'm looking through the lens trying to stay steady, the next minute my right foot is going out from under me while my left arm shoots up to keep the camera up high and safe, and then I was sitting in the lake with the water up to my waist. After getting pulled out by my boyfriend (there was a drop-off leading to the lake, not a gentle slope), I brushed off some of the plant life and mud from all over my hair, face, etc., and started to laugh. It was funny. Did I mention I'd just had my hair done a couple of hours earlier.

The humour subsided when I discovered that my camera wouldn't take pictures after the dip in the lake. Guess it was briefly submerged or splashed too much.

After five very long, difficult weeks waiting for my camera to be repaired, I got it back this evening! :dance:

Warning: I'll be back to posting too many photos very soon!

Here's one for now of a hummingbird outside my family room window following my return from the camera shop. To take my mind off my camera, and resist the strong urge to buy another camera, while waiting for the repairs to be done, I worked on my garden and added bird baths, regular bird feeders and two hummingbird feeders.

img_12451.jpg

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just as the sun was nearly set, my wife called to me to come look at this plume of smoke.

There has been a fire burning for a few weeks now, 100,000 acres burned in the mountains. Apparently it exploded just before sunset this evening, here is the picture, looking like a beautiful cloud until you see the dark dingy smoke at the bottom of it. As you can see, the sun is no longer striking the mountains, but it makes the smoke bright and beautiful, until you realize what it is...

smoke-plume.jpg

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
When I got home this evening, this rosebud caught my eye and promised me it would be even prettier tomorrow.

the-promise.jpg

Wink

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink|1471064088|4065378 said:
Just as the sun was nearly set, my wife called to me to come look at this plume of smoke.

There has been a fire burning for a few weeks now, 100,000 acres burned in the mountains. Apparently it exploded just before sunset this evening, here is the picture, looking like a beautiful cloud until you see the dark dingy smoke at the bottom of it. As you can see, the sun is no longer striking the mountains, but it makes the smoke bright and beautiful, until you realize what it is...

Wink

Wow, beauty and destruction. Unsettling once you realize a fire is responsible for the scene.

I hope there's rain in the forecast to finally end the blaze.

On a lighter note, I hope you enjoyed the photography conference (you talked about attending a June (July?) conference, if my memory cells are humouring me with a bit of accuracy).

Did that lovely rosebud bloom today?

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Having just gotten my camera back after its five week visit to the repair shop, I'm eager to post photos!

Its been rainy and overcast the past couple of days, so if the hummingbirds in the photos look like drowned rats, its because of the rain.

All of these were taken from my family room window looking at the new bird feeders and gardens I put in while waiting for my camera to return. Lemon/lemonade as they say.

Is it just me or does the little lady in this first photo look like she's smiling?
The Mona Lisa of Hummingbirds!

img_12484.jpg

img_12485.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are all Ruby-Throated Hummingbirds. The male has the flashy red throat and is looking rather drenched at the moment.

img_12486.jpg

img_12487.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why am I posting two similar photos? Because I'm too lazy to make a choice. :D

img_12488.jpg

img_12489.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results