shape
carat
color
clarity

Picking up my new kitten today

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
we are rescuing her sort of. My friend can't have her and was going to bring her to a shelter, so we decided to cut out the middle man and get her.
I'm not a first time cat owner BUT it has been awhile.... sooooooo

/does kitty dance......

guys ladies have any tips for keeping your house cat free/cat safe, good toys foods?

we spoiled our puppy rotten (don't have her anymore because SO parents took her
7.gif
it's ok tho her and their dog are soul mates and it was sad to see them apart).

kitten advice... GO!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have any kitten advice (we got Gracie as an adult) but I just wanted to congratulate you on your new furbaby!!!
36.gif
You must post lots of pictures!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooh congratulations!!!

all furbabies are wonderful, of coursre, but kitties are the wonderfulest!

No real advice, only that all the kittens we''ve had have been far too interested in brillo pads for their own good
1.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
36.gif
Congratulations!!! Hoping to see some pictures soon!!!

My kitten advice ~~ uhm, adopt another so they could grow up together!!! Sorry, I am a cat adoption enabler, well, more of a cat adoption enabler wannabe, since people rarely listen to me!! Lol.

Anyway, it's inevitable that you'll eventually want another kitty to spend time with her, so why not get a playmate for her while she's young!?!
2.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hooray for kitties! Be sure to post pics when you get her!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
YAY....Congratulations Momma!!!! What is her name??? Plesae post photos.....
36.gif

We adopted Coco from the Houston SPCA when she was 4 years old so she was already an adult. Coco loves attention...she CRAVES attention, but doesn''t like to be held due to her upset tummy issues...she''s a special needs kitty.

Anyway, we keep her stimulated as much as possible. She has a cat tree that she loves to climb on...she''s declawed on the front (her former familiy did this to her) and loves to "scratch" her clawless paws on it, too. The current tree is waist high on me and she climbs on top and I give her a rub down...it is our special time together.

We''re going to get her a taller one, very soon, as she loves to climb up on the highest furniture.

Kitties love to sit in windows and Coco suns herself and then takes a nap. We have two special cat beds for her. One I found on Etsy and she loves it. I''ll attach a photo. The other is a cat bed that we found at Pets#art and then I put a soft blanket over it. She sleeps in it next to my head in my bed.

Coco gets her teeth cleaned by our vet once a year and is on Science Diet Hairball Control dry food along with her prescription canned cat food/medicine.

She loves empty boxes, too. They make cheap toys! We have different kinds of kitty things for her to chase.

DH found the most amazing kitty litter box, too. Check out the BREEZE Cat Litter System.

I''m on a roll....need to take a nap!
9.gif

Lori

CATSNUGGLEBEDil_430xN_83891445.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
My friends named her Godzookie after the cartoon because she looks just like their friends cat godzilla, only mini... I wanted to name her washington so her full name is Washington-Godzookie...

wash02.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
She likes to nibble fingers
wash03.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
that is her fort...she is such an itty bitty kitteh!

wash01.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
OMG Loriken ty so much for all the tips...
I do want to get her a scratchy tree and we have a perfect spot by the window!!

and coco looks like such a pretty kitty!!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Awww she''s cute
5.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO FREAKING ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
What a precious little face....SHE''S ADORABLE!!!!
30.gif

Love her name, too!

Lori

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a face she has-so sweet! One thing our cat Bella liked was a carpteted shelf that we got from Drs Foster and Smith. We put it directly under the sill of one of the windows in the spare bedroom so Bella could look outside. She likes to think she''s a wild jungle cat, so we hung a lot of bird feeders outside the window and she''d stay there "hunting" all day. She''s too large, and it''s Trapper''s room now but she loved it back then. Now we just sprinkle birdseed on the backdeck and the birds will eat it..and that way she can still think she''s a mighty hunter.

I love your kitty''s fort! My other cat Britta likes to do that too!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
aw thanks! she is such a little love nugget!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, she is adorable! All my cats growing up have really liked paper bags to play in. They usually end up tearing
them up in the end along with your hands if you''re not careful! So much fun to have a kitty. I''m looking at
getting a cat (maybe next week). The one I have my eye on is a 12 lb maine coon male. He is really sweet and
laid back. I just hope my somewhat bit**y female cat will learn to get along with him.

Enjoy your new kitty!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Ohmyword!!! She''s ADORABLE!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Thanks for sharing! (And remember, we wanna see lots of pictures and hear lots of stories, please, as she grows up!!!)
1.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your new kitten.

Sorry, I don't have any advice. Kittens are such little monsters (or at least all mine have been). . .I'm so glad my cats are adults.

Oh, you can get her some catnip!
1.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the new fur baby!! She''s such a cutiepatootie!!!! Look at that darling lilttle face!! I have no real advice for kitties so I''ll just second MC on the catnip!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 6:25:39 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
She''s so cute! How old is she? She''s so tiny...

6 or 7 weeks I think....
she is a little monster, but in a cute way!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG how CUTE! Wish I could squeeze her!

Too cute.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Cuteness factor is off the charts!!! I love calicos.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 10:52:22 PM
Author: jet2ks
Cuteness factor is off the charts!!! I love calicos.
I do too... she is like the color of fall!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/8/2009 9:14:06 PM
Author: ckrickett
that is her fort...she is such an itty bitty kitteh!

wash01.jpg
awwww What a CUTIE!!!! Adorable!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
She is adorable!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results