shape
carat
color
clarity

Photoshop abuse

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been noticing some truly atrocious abuses of photoshop on the net that leave me rubbing my eyes and saying "you mean you would ship me a ring that looked like THAT??"

the obvious example, bluenile''s "put a diamond in this ring" preview function. you''d think for the cost of putting that together, they could take some tilted pictues of the diamonds so the rings don''t look like they''ve had their necks broken. (I am assuming that they don''t deliever rings with cock-eyed stones, here.) at least in this case it''s obvious there''s photoshop involved. funnier is this picture:

3-sappdiam-1.jpg

first I look at it and think "wow, how pretty". then I think "that mounting looks funny"... then I think "they didn''t even crop the sapphire correctly". (this is not respresented as being photoshopped, btw)

anyone else see any interesting uses of photo editing going on?

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
Not only did they do a bad job with the selection tool, what tipped me off is that no one seems to bother to put the stones at the same angle as they photograph the ring, which is rather mind-bending in and of itself.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results