shape
carat
color
clarity

pets and surgery

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh RT, I''m glad to hear that the vet will be treating him, but I really do hope he is okay.

And don''t worry how crazy the vet thinks you are--ask as many questions as you need to ask. We''ve found that many vets are truly incompetent, and you have to be very thorough in order to make sure that your babies are getting treated in a correct manner.

I''m not sure if there is a 24 hour emergency vet clinic near you, but the ones here in Chicago have top notch vets. Yes, you''ll spend a bit more money, but the care you''ll get is priceless.

Please keep us updated on his progress, I''m thinking about you!

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Haven: I would, but there is no 24 hr clinic. There are 2 private vets and the free clinic which is staffed by volunteers. There's nothing else to do, I would get better care for him if I could.

FG: I think they don't have that vaccine here. Only Rabies, Typhus, Panleukopenia,and the Cat Flu-s. After talking to her for awhile about what went on I feel that she is being honest and does not understand what happened, that the surgery went fine and she feels really guilty for not taking me seriously when I first told her he was poorly. But that doesn't make it better.

Lorelei: I'm okay I guess. I mean, I've managed not to break down in front of anyone all day. I did seem to just overcompensate for this by slamming the door in my mother's face because she kept insisting the kitchen smelled funny, though. It's just that I forgot to say goodbye to him because I didn't think I might not see him again, and maybe it doesn't matter to him that much but it matters to me.

SpldRotten

Rough_Rock
My Jackie (Rottweiler) got spayed 2 years ago. The anesthesia had a pretty terrible affect on her, she was throwing up for several days, and dragging her hind paws for some time. Their reaction to drugs is unpredictable (much like ours). Don''t worry!!!
emsmile.gif

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, but I''m pretty sure this current problem isn''t anesthesia. The fever doesn''t match up. I''ll let you guys know when she calls me. I have to decide what I want to do if she calls back and says it is FIP, pallative care or put him to sleep. For myself I would want pallative care just in case he gets better but that may be selfish.

I know it might not be but having a plan for the worst case scenario makes me feel better.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Ohmygosh, RT... how awful and how tragic. We are thinking of you and pulling for little MC. Please keep us posted. xoxoxo

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am still hoping it might be a treatable infection somewhere and not FIP, hang in there RT, maybe the change of antibiotics will help.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My parents have had a kitty (Spooky, named by moi, all black) who was diagnosed with FIP about 5 years ago...he''s still doing fabulously. Please don''t give up on a cat who gets diagnosed with this disease, they may have many more good years left to live. Note, my parents haven''t had to administer any drugs, they just take him to reg. vet visits and he''s doing fine...I hope everything turns out ok for you RT.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Monarch, that is heartening--but I don''t know that I could justify exposing Chen to the disease. If he has had the vaccine I might consider it, but we''ll see. I don''t know anything yet, honestly. The vet hasn''t called to update me since she took him with her yesterday afternoon, I don''t know if that is good or bad. I don''t want to call her because I just don''t want to know yet.

I think if he had it he would have caught it before I ever found him, which makes this a little easier in that there is nothing I could have done.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No news is good news RT, hold on girl! We are pulling for you and MC.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any news?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
You guys are constantly in my thoughts...I hope MC is doing better.
face11.gif

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Nothing yet. I just don''t want to call her, if it''s bad news I don''t want to know yet. If she hasn''t called me by tomorrow afternoon I will call her. She said 48 hours to make sure the antibiotics have had their shot.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for letting us know, like FG says, you are constantly in our thoughts - may the little guy be healing and gathering strength by the minute!!!!!

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys. I hope she is being nice to him. She made him (cat-safe) chicken soup though, so that seems like a good indicator.

I''ll let you know what she says tomorrow.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any word, RT? I''m sure the chicken soup was comforting for the little guy. :)

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Yes! Finally some good news. It looks like he responded to the third antibiotic she tried and is now eating like a little pig (again) and his fever is almost gone. She wants to keep him until Saturday so she can finish his injection regimen and let him stay in one place. She offered to let me pick him up and just bring him back and forth for his injections but I think the stress of going on a long car ride every day isn''t a good idea.

Of course, we still have no idea what the heck is/was wrong with him.

I don''t want to get too excited yet in case he relapses, but whew am I relieved. I feel like if it were FIP he wouldn''t have just suddenly gotten better at his age, so at least that''s off the plate of worried.
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

GO MC - keep getting better little guy!!!!!!!!!!!

All fingers and paws crossed here that MC continues his recovery
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO DELIGHTED RT, I will keep sending out thoughts and prayers, I have been thinking of the little chap all the time!

POM.gif

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Awww, thank you. She called me today and suddenly I realized there wasn''t actually any food in the house and I was really, really tired. Funny the things you don''t notice when you''re worried about something!

I swear, this kitten is impossible to kill! Yay for tough feral stock!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/2/2007 5:54:08 PM
Author: rainbowtrout
Awww, thank you. She called me today and suddenly I realized there wasn't actually any food in the house and I was really, really tired. Funny the things you don't notice when you're worried about something!

I swear, this kitten is impossible to kill! Yay for tough feral stock!
Yep now you can go and collapse in a heap! At times like this, things like food and sleep aren't important!! I was hoping his hybrid vigour would work in his favour and it has!!!

BTW - get yourself some icecream or a box of chocolates, you deserve it!
11.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY for MC. Tough little guy.
36.gif
36.gif
Hope he continues to snarf down any and all food in front of him.

I was looking for cute little kitty drawings, but in keeping with PS standards I found this so i guess it''ll do....

a platinum and diamond kitty for MC!!!

platinum-kitty.jpg

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Haha, aww, that''s actually kind of cute! Make a nice collar ornament
31.gif

SpldRotten

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/2/2007 6:54:21 PM
Author: rainbowtrout
Haha, aww, that''s actually kind of cute! Make a nice collar ornament
31.gif

haha yea rainbow, i''d probably have to trade in a few pieces of my own for that bling...

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!!!! I''m so glad to hear he''s doing better. I''ll be honest--I was a bit scared to click on this topic because I wasn''t sure I was ready to face any bad news, and I was so relieved to read the good news!!!!

Those little kitties can be very resilient when they need to be, I can''t wait to hear about him being home and tearing up the house like a good, healthy kitty should! :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/2/2007 6:14:41 PM
Author: FireGoddess
YAY for MC. Tough little guy.
36.gif
36.gif
Hope he continues to snarf down any and all food in front of him.

I was looking for cute little kitty drawings, but in keeping with PS standards I found this so i guess it''ll do....

a platinum and diamond kitty for MC!!!
I think that will do very nicely FG, MC deserves something extra special ( as does his Mommy!)
11.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any more news???

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Nope, I''m supposed to go by to pick him up today. She doesn''t open until 9:30 on Saturday, so. Have to call the secretary in an hour and ask if all''s clear.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the update, waiting to hear.....

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Yay! He''s feeling much better--evidenced by the fact that we''ve started our play agression dealings again--he tried to play-tackle me, hood and all, three times already.

He tore a stitch out on his side, so he still has to wear his hood until that heals up. I''m supposed to wash it out with Betadine a few times a day until it closes up.

She still doesn''t know what caused all of this which gives me a stitch of worry, but as long as he''s feeling better.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results